JBL wireless speakers are wonderful. They connect via Bluetooth to the source devices. However, the JBL speaker connected but no sound issue has been reported recently.
You are not the only one to face this problem, I also encountered it with my different JBL versions. Such problems are not unexpected when it comes to wireless devices.
Moreover, some new users can also come across such troubles. Because they may not know the proper method to establish the connection.
But, do not worry this article will guide you on all these matters. We will learn to troubleshoot JBL Flip and JBL Charge speakers. This guide is applicable to all models.
1. Check the Volume Level
When you connect your speaker to your smartphone or computer, the volume is controlled through the source device. Therefore, you should turn ON the full volume on the connected device.
Check the volume settings and make sure that your device is not muted. Raise the volume both on your JBL and the connected source device.
2. Reconnect the Devices
Sometimes, a temporary glitch causes the no sound issue. The solution is to disconnect and reconnect both devices. Here is the process:
- Go to “Settings” on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
- Open the Bluetooth devices, your JBL will appear in the list of connected devices.
- Click on the speaker’s name and then the “forget” button.
- Then, wait for a while and pair the devices again.
- In most cases, this trick resolves the issue.
3. Charge Your JBL Speaker
Another reason is that your speaker is not charged. Insufficient power causes no sound problem. Hence, you should connect the charger and let it store the power for 15-30 minutes.
Now, try playing again. You should also check the battery level on your connected device and charge it if necessary.
4. Check Sound Output Settings
One of the major reasons is that the sound output settings are wrong on your source device. Hence, you need to check and correct them.
Apply Correct Audio Settings
Here is the step-by-step process:
- On your computer, PC, or laptop, open the “Settings” and go to the “Sound Settings”. You can also access these settings from the search box.
- Click the “Sound Output Device Properties” tab. You will see two or three options.
- Select your JBL for the sound output device.
- Now, play an audio file and listen if the sound comes from your speaker.
Make JBL the Default Playback Device
- Go to the “Control Panel” on your Windows computer.
- Choose the “Sound” tab and next click on “Playback”.
- Click on your JBL speaker and then hit the “Set Default” button at the end.
- Now, play the sound again and check if the issue is resolved or not.
5. Reset Your JBL Speaker
One of the best solutions is to reset your JBL speaker. It will help remove any software bugs or wireless issues.
The reset method is different for various JBL models. Here, I will explain the reset process for JBL Flip and Charge.
How to Force Restart Your JBL Speakers
- Firstly, turn OFF your speaker completely.
- Press and hold the “Power” button. The lights will turn ON and you will hear a power ON sound.
- Now, release the button and it will force restart your device.
- Connect your speaker to the playback device.
How to Reset Charge 3 and Charge 4
- Turn ON your JBL Charge 3. Now, press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Play/Pause” buttons.
- If it is JBL Charge 4, hold down the “Bluetooth” and “Volume Up” buttons at the same time.
- Release both buttons when the “Power” light glows.
- Charge 3 comes with 3 preset audio modes. It is better to use it in preset audio mode.
How to Reset JBL Flip Speakers
This method works for all JBL Flip speakers including Flip 2, Flip 3, Flip 4, Flip 5, and Flip 6.
- First of all, turn ON your JBL Flip 6 speaker.
- Now, hold down the “Play” and “Volume+” buttons simultaneously.
- Keep holding for 5 seconds or until the device restarts.
- Turn ON and re-pair Flip 6 with your smartphone or computer.
6. Troubleshoot the Source Device
Sometimes, the issue is in the source device. So, you need to troubleshoot it.
PC or laptop
- Click the “Start” button or icon on your computer.
- Navigate to the “Troubleshoot” or access through the search box.
- Run the “Audio Troubleshooter” and see what problem has been detected.
- Restart your computer and pair the speaker again.
- Restart your smartphone by long pressing the Power button.
- You can also turn it OFF for 60 seconds and then turn it ON again.
- Install the latest firmware on your mobile device.
- Likewise, update the audio playback applications.
- Restart your smartphone and then pair the speaker again.
7. Advanced Hacks
Your speaker is connected but no audio is coming seems like a crazy issue sometimes. Such silly problems can be resolved through crazy hacks. I know and tried some of the hacks that work for many people. You should also try these;
- Plug an AUX cable into the audio port of your smartphone or computer.
- Likewise, plug the AUX into the audio port on your JBL and play for a while.
- Play an audio file for a couple of minutes. In fact, it is a way to configure the speaker with the computer.
- Then, disconnect the cables and play sound via Bluetooth.
- Another trick is to close the app from which you are playing an audio/video file. Then, reopen the app and refresh your phone.
8. Contact JBL Support
If nothing resolves the issue, there might be some problem with the hardware of your device. You should try connecting it with multiple devices.
If the sound does not come from any device, your JBL speaker is faulty. Contact the manufacturer in case your device is new or under warranty. You will get a replacement.
Otherwise, visit the nearest audio repair shop or send the device to the company for repair.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some important and frequently asked questions. Read them to get further information.
Why is my JBL speaker giving no sound?
The major reasons behind the no sound issue are wireless connection problems, software glitches, outdated firmware, or low battery. Other causes include problems with the source device such as your smartphone or PC.
Are JBL speakers supported by any mobile app?
Yes, JBL Portable app is designed for JBL Bluetooth speakers. Its size is about 90 MB and the app works on Android version 7.0+. You can download it from the Play Store.
What is the infinity button for JBL speakers?
The infinity button is used to connect a JBL speaker to its other companions. You can connect up to 100 speakers together. The same audio will be played on all devices.
JBL speaker connected but no sound issue is fixable. You just need to try some simple hacks. I have explained all the verified methods that I also have tested personally. They are very effective in resolving the problem. So, be confident and fix your speaker at home.