Yamaha is one of the best soundbars that deliver high-quality audio. Sometimes, there is no sound from your Yamaha. Many users face this problem and are looking for a solution.
This article will help you in identifying the causes of the problem. Moreover, it will also guide you about the troubleshooting methods. So, keep reading till the end.
Fix#1. Choose the Correct Input
You may have chosen the wrong input. Therefore, the soundbar has no sound. So, check the input settings as follows:
- Reach out to the back panel of your television set. Locate the connection port labeled “ARC”.
- Be sure to connect the HDMI cable from the soundbar to the ARC port on your TV.
- Moreover, choose the correct input in the TV menu. Press the Input/Source button and select the corresponding port from the list of options.
Fix#2. Power Cycle and Reconnect
The first thing you should try is a power cycle. Then, reconnect your soundbar to the TV. Follow these steps to power cycle the devices:
- Unplug the power cord of your soundbar from the wall outlet.
- Likewise, unplug your TV from the power supply.
- Also, disconnect the connection cable between both devices.
- Leave the devices shut down for a minute or two.
- Then, connect the soundbar to the TV using the HDMI or Optical cable.
- Finally, plug the power cords back into the electric source.
Fix#3. Examine the Cable
Another reason for the no sound issue can be the bad connection cable. So, you need to inspect the cable. Make sure the connection wire is plugged in firmly at both ends.
Moreover, look for any cuts, bends, or twists in the cable and fix them. If the cable is defective, you should replace it.
Fix#4. Check TV Settings
The issue can be in the TV settings. Therefore, you have to check and adjust the audio settings. On your TV, go to Settings>System>Audio Settings.
Then, disable the internal TV speakers. Otherwise, the sound may not come from your Yamaha.
Also, check the volume level. Confirm that the TV is not muted. Similarly, check the volume and mute on the soundbar. For a complete guide, check our guide on connecting Yamaha soundbar to tv.
Fix#5. Try Another Device
Sometimes, the issue is in the source device. For example, your TV may not be properly connecting to the soundbar. Therefore, you should test it with other devices.
Connect your Yamaha with another device such as a TV, computer, or streaming device. If the sound comes, the hardware of your device is intact. Otherwise, there is a hardware defect in the soundbar.
Fix#6. Reset Your Yamaha Soundbar
There is a reset method that is both a solution and diagnostic. After the reset, if the soundbar does give no sound, its hardware has failed. Let us apply the method:
- Unplug the power cable of your Yamaha from the electrical source.
- Leave it for 60 minutes at least.
- Now, hold down the “Power” button. Meanwhile, plug the power cord into the outlet.
- Keep holding the button while connecting to the power and 30 seconds after that.
- At this point, you should plug the soundbar directly into the wall outlet instead of using a surge protector or power strip.
- If this solution does not work, check the hardware.
Fix#7. Restore to Default Settings
It is an effective method to fix the issue with your Yamaha soundbar. A factory reset will apply the default settings thus removing your saved data. Here is how you restore default settings:
- Disconnect all the cables or devices from your soundbar.
- Press the Power button on your Yamaha soundbar to turn it OFF. However, do not unplug it from the wall outlet.
- Now, hold down the “Volume+” and “Power” buttons at the same time.
- Keep pressing the buttons until all the lights on the device start flashing. Note that the Alexa indicator will not flash, exclude it.
- Your soundbar is now reset, connect it again to your source device such as the TV, and play the audio.
Fix#8. Contact Customer Support
Hopefully, the above-mentioned solutions have fixed your soundbar. However, if still you have no sound then contact customer support.
Maybe your device has some manufacturing defect. Claim the replacement or repair if it is under warranty. The company is liable to fix your issue.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have further queries, read the following section.
Why my Yamaha soundbar has no sound?
The soundbar may be muted or the TV settings are incorrect. Check the connection and cables, restart the devices, and reset your soundbar. Another unfortunate reason can be the internal hardware defect in your Yamaha soundbar.
Why my soundbar is giving a crackling sound?
The crackling sound is caused by a bad connection or damaged wire. It can be an internal wire that connects the driver and amplifier. Moreover, power issues or defective speaker drivers can also produce a crackling sound.
How long a soundbar can last?
On average, a soundbar can last from 6 to 16 years. Passive speakers have a longer lifespan due to less usage of technology. However, the lifespan largely depends on the quality of the product and the user’s maintenance habits.
This guide has suggested 8 solutions that can fix your Yamaha soundbar. The no-sound problem is the result of some connection or setting issues. Hence, you need to double-check all the connections, cables, and settings.