There are many JBL Bluetooth speakers. You can easily connect any of the JBL speakers to your Android phone.
Most JBL speakers feature the latest Bluetooth versions such as 5.0 or 5.1. So, the connection is reliable and data transmission is also smooth.
Hence, you can wirelessly connect these speakers to any device. In this guide, I will explain how to connect a JBL speaker to a smartphone.
Table of Contents
Before making the wireless connection, you should read the following guidelines;
- If your speaker is brand new and you are using it for the first time, charge it fully.
- Keep the speaker and the phone close to each other. Because Bluetooth has 30 feet range. Beyond this, the devices may fail to pair.
- Turn OFF all the Bluetooth devices nearby so that they may not interfere with the pairing.
- Make sure your phone is not connected to any other Bluetooth device. Otherwise, it will not pair with the speaker.
- Likewise, your JBL should not be paired with any other device.
Pairing JBL Speaker to Phone
Now, I will tell you the step-by-step process of pairing both devices. Follow each step correctly.
Step 1: Enable the Speaker
- First of all, turn ON your speaker by pressing the “Power” button. The device enters the pairing mode as soon as it powers ON.
- Some JBL speakers have a separate pairing button. Press this button to enable Bluetooth.
- The LED indicator should flash white if it has entered the pairing mode. The speaker is now searching for the source device.
Step 2: Enable Your Phone
- Now, enable Bluetooth on your Android phone. Open the “Settings” app on your phone.
- Go to “Bluetooth” and turn it ON.
- Click your JBL speaker in the list of available devices.
Step 3: Pair the Devices
- The phone will pair with the speaker.
- The LED indicator will glow solid if the connection is successful.
- Some JBL speakers also give a voice notification or confirmation tone.
- Now, play an audio file on your phone and sound will come from your JBL.
Connecting via JBL App
JBL app is another way to connect your speaker to your phone. Download the “JBL Portable” app on your phone.
Launch the app and complete the setup process. The program will guide you through the process.
This app allows you to control your audio device via the phone. Your Android phone or iPhone becomes a remote control for the speaker.
However, this app works only with the latest JBL speakers. Moreover, the “JBL Connect Pro” app is also available for some selected speakers.
This app works for JBL Flip, Charge, Xtreme, Pulse, and Boombox. This app is very useful. Because it lets you connect two JBL speakers together for stereo sound.
connect up to 100 JBL speakers together.It also offers the “PartyBoost” function to
If you have any confusion or want to know more, read the following frequently asked questions.
What JBL Portable app does?
JBL Portable app is available both in Android and iOS versions. It can be used to control the speaker via the phone. Moreover, you can download the firmware updates and can also set up a PartyBoost network. The app is very useful to connect multiple JBL speakers together.
What to do if my JBL speaker is not connecting to the phone?
Make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your phone. Further, check your phone or speaker is not paired to another device. Unpair and repair both devices. Restart both the speaker and the phone and pair again. Also, install the latest firmware update.
How do I reset JBL Go 2?
Press the “Power” button to turn ON your JBL GO. Press and hold the “Bluetooth” and “Volume+” buttons together for 5 seconds. The device will restart. Turn ON the speaker after a few seconds if it does not come ON.
Can I use my phone as a speaker?
You can use your phone as a speaker by downloading the “SoundWire” app. Both the phone and the laptop should be connected to the same Wifi network. You can stream the audio from both devices at a time.
How to connect my JBL speaker to Google?
You have to download the Google Home app on your phone. Launch the app and click on the “Home Speaker” tab. Next, tap the “Devices” and choose your JBL speaker from the list. The settings menu will open next. Complete the pairing process by following the instructions.
Which JBL Bluetooth speaker is the loudest?
According to the experts, JBL PartBox 1000 is the loudest Bluetooth speaker. It also delivers a heavy bass in addition to powerful sound. Moreover, it is a portable PA system and is great for every occasion.
So, there are two ways to connect your JBL speakers to your phone. Pair the devices directly over Bluetooth or install the official app for advanced connectivity and control features. Let us know if you have further queries.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site. Read more about me