Beats Solo 3 is a wonderful choice for listening to music. But, some users are worried because their Beats Solo 3 headphones won’t turn ON and lights are also not working. This is a frustrating situation and you need to find a solution.
In some cases, the device turns ON and plays music but its lights are not working. This article will tell you the causes of the issue. Then we will apply some very effective strategies.
Tip#1. Reset the Headphones
A quick reset is one of the most effective methods to resolve such issues. Here are the steps:
- On your Beats Solo 3, press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the button when the device turns ON.
- If this does not work, try the other restart method.
- Press and hold the “Power” and “Volume Down” buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons after 60 seconds or when the lights come ON.
Tip#2. Troubleshoot via Mobile Device
I found a very useful hack that I personally tested. I want to share it with you, hopefully, it will work.
- Open “Settings” on your mobile device and go to “Bluetooth” settings.
- Click your Beats Solo 3 appearing in the list of paired devices.
- Click the “Forget” button and the headphones will disconnect.
- Now, plug the charging cable into your Solo 3.
- Hold down the Power button for 10-20 seconds. Your device should enter into pairing mode.
- Reopen the Settings app on your smartphone and pair the devices again.
Tip#3. Recharge the Battery Fully
The headphones cannot turn ON if the battery is drained out. It happens when you do not use them for a long time.
So, connect the power and let your device charge for 3-4 hours. Afterward, press the power button and see if the lights come ON.
Tip#4. Fix the Power Button
A bad or malfunctioning power button is another reason your Solo 3 is not turning ON. The device and its hardware are not defective, rather the button has lost connection.
The major reason is the accumulation of dust, debris, or moisture around and under the button. So, you need to clean it thoroughly. Simply use a toothpick to remove the debris.
For advanced cleaning, you can use WD40 contact cleaner spray. It is a safe product for electronic gadgets.
- It is better to use the spray in an open spot.
- Hold your headphones in a way that the power buttons is upwards.
- Now, attach the included straw with the spray can and spray on the button from all sides.
- Press the power button 20 to 30 times so that the cleaner can reach underneath.
- Let your headphones dry for an hour or two.
- Finally, turn the device ON and see if it works.
Tip#5. Try A Firmware Update
Software glitches interfere with the normal functioning of your device. The bugs can be removed by updating the firmware. Here are the steps:
- Connect your Beats Solo 3 to your PC using a suitable connection cable.
- Launch the “Updater” application and click the “Status” tab.
- Select your Solo 3 headphones from the list of devices.
- Click the “Connect” button and next follow the instructions that show on the screen.
- Complete the update process and try turning ON your headphones.
- Another way to update firmware is through the website.
- Open the Beats official website on the browser of your computer.
- Check for the latest update and install it.
Tip#6. Replace the Damaged or Expired Battery
The above-mentioned solutions should fix your Solo 3. However, if the issue persists, you need to check the battery. The battery is either damaged or expired. You might have been using your headphones for a long time.
Therefore, the battery has lived its natural life and now it is too weak to work. The solution is to buy a new battery and put it in place of the old one. The battery replacement process is very easy:
- Reach out to the headphone cover. It is on the side close to the power button and charging port.
- Carefully remove the cover so that you may not harm the internal wires.
- Once the cover is removed, the battery will be exposed.
- Pull out the battery from its slot and remove the adhesive tape at the bottom.
- Now, adjust the new battery in the slot and install it properly.
- Finally, put on the headphones cover.
Tip#7. Check for Physical Damage
Water contact or physical shock can also cause this issue. You may have dropped your headphones into the water. Hence, moisture has entered into the internal circuit.
Likewise, dropping the device on a hard floor also causes internal damage. In case of water contact, remove the outer cover and leave the headphones to dry out.
Physical damage can be checked by opening the internal circuit. It is recommended to seek help from a certified technician or the company.
Tip#8. Seek Apple Support
Sometimes, the issue happens with a brand-new device. If it is a manufacturing fault, contact Apple Support. You can also seek help from the manufacturer if the device is under warranty.
The good news is that you can get a free battery replacement in case you have Apple Care+. Send the device to the company or visit a nearby repair store.
Frequently Asked Questions about Beats Headphones
Do you want to learn more about Beats Solo headphones? Read the following questions frequently asked by the users.
Why my Beats Solo 3 headphones won’t turn ON?
The major reasons include a drained-out battery, a bad power button, outdated software, or physical damage. All these issues can be fixed by applying the troubleshooting hacks given in our guide.
How can I check the battery level on my Beats Solo headphones?
You can check the battery level via the Beats app. Install the application on your phone. Pair your mobile device with your headphones. Open the app and click on your Beats Solo 3 in the list to see the battery level.
Why my Beats headphones are not charging?
A bad or clogged charging port is one of the major reasons your Beats headphones are not charging. Clean the charging port using a soft-bristled brush. Compressed air can also be used to clean the debris inside. After thorough cleaning, connect the charger again.
Also read: Fixing Bose Headphones Won’t Turn ON
Beats Solo 3 headphones won’t turn ON because of the dead battery, bad power button, or software bugs. This issue also leads to another problem; the lights are not working. Lights work when the headphone is active. So, you need to fix the underlying cause by following our comprehensive guide.