Soundcore produces reliable and durable earbuds. However, some users are complaining that their Liberty Air 2 earbuds are not working properly. Either the left or the right earbud has stopped working.
When you try to connect the earbuds, only one of them appears on your phone. But, you may want to listen from both of the earbuds. Hence, this situation is very frustrating.
Don’t worry, I will tell you some very useful and effective troubleshooting methods. If you follow this guide till the end, your problem will be fixed 100%.
Understand the Issue
Before heading toward a solution, you need to understand the issue. Soundcore Liberty Air 2 earbuds follow a specific rule for pairing.
The right one is the primary earbud while the left one is the secondary. The right earbud directly pairs with your phone. While the left earbud connects to the right one.
On your mobile device, they appear as separate devices. The left bud is shown as Soundcore Liberty Air 2-L. Only the right one will pair with your phone but both will play well.
So, wear both buds to confirm whether the sound is coming from both or not. If only one is working then you should go for troubleshooting.
1. Check the Volume Settings
You can adjust the volume through your connected device as well as on the earbuds. Both of the buds have a touch-sensitive volume control.
Raise the volume on the connected device and make sure the audio file you are playing is not muted. If you tap the left earbud once, it decreases the volume.
While tapping the right earbud raises the volume level. You can also adjust the volume level of both earbuds separately through the Soundcore app.
2. Maintain Recommended Distance
As you know, Bluetooth technology can work within a certain distance. As you move away from both devices, the pairing issue will arise.
So, place your Liberty Air 2 within 10 meters of your mobile device. Put both buds next to each other and close to your phone while pairing them.
3. Forget and Reconnect
This is one of the best troubleshooting tips. First, you have to disconnect your earbuds from the phone. Then, you will connect them again. Here is the process:
- Go to “Settings” on your mobile device and then open the “Bluetooth” menu.
- On the list of paired devices, click on your SoundCore Liberty Air 2.
- Next, tap the “Forget/Unpair” button.
- Turn OFF the Bluetooth on your mobile device and earbuds.
- Wait a few seconds, and turn ON Bluetooth again.
- Finally, try to pair both devices and it will work.
4. Reset Your Soundcore Earbuds
If the reconnect does not work, the next step is to reset your earbuds by the following method;
- Firstly, follow the above-mentioned steps to forget the pairing from your mobile device.
- Put both earbuds into their charging case and do not close the case lid.
- Press and hold the button at the back of the charging case for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED on both buds flashes red 3 times.
- The indicator light will flash quickly on the right earbud and slowly on the left one. It means they are pairing.
- Once the process is complete, turn ON Bluetooth and connect again.
- First, your right earbud will connect and then a popup message will appear to confirm if you want to pair the left one or not.
5. Clean the Contact Points
The issue may be due to the dirty or blocked contact points. One of your earbuds is not charged properly. Therefore, it is not paired with your mobile device. So, check the contact points.
Remove any plastic covering or stickers to ensure smooth charging. Then, clean the contact points both on the earbuds and in the charging case.
Sometimes, earwax, dirt, debris, or moisture blocks the speakers. Hence, you need to clean them thoroughly.
6. Disable Wear Detection
Your Soundcore earbuds have a wearing detection feature. Sometimes, it can interfere with the normal functioning. The earbuds turn ON and play automatically when you put them into your ears.
Turning OFF the feature will require you to play manually. Go to the Soundcore application on your connected mobile device. Navigate to the wear detection and turn it OFF. Then, try repairing your devices again.
7. Try the Tapping Hack
Many a time, I restore my devices through the tapping method. We do it frequently with our remote controls if they are not working.
You can try it for your malfunctioning earbud too. Tap the earbud gently with your finger. This trick can realign the internal components.
8. Charge Your Earbud Fully
Your right or left earbud may not be charged fully. That’s why it is not connecting. Place the earbuds correctly in the charging case.
The first and third LED indicator flashes twice to confirm charging. Let them store power for a minimum of 30 minutes and a maximum of 1.5 hours.
Also, make sure the charging case has enough power. If the buds are not charging properly, swipe their places. Put the right earbud into the slot of the left one and vice versa. This trick helped me a number of times.
9. Update Firmware on Your Soundcore
In some cases, a firmware update is needed to fix the issue. You can update your Soundcore Liberty Air 2 by the following method:
- Download and install the Soundcore app on your phone.
- Open the app and tap the 3 dots showing on the top-right corner.
- Select the “Firmware Update” option and proceed further as directed by the app.
- Once the firmware update is completed, restart your device and pair it to your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the following commonly asked questions to know further about your Soundcore Liberty Air 2 earbuds.
Why one of my Soundcore Liberty earbuds has no sound?
There can be multiple reasons for such a problem. For example, the volume is muted, power is insufficient, firmware is not up-to-date, or the distance is too much. Other issues may include clogged contact points or the wrong settings. All these issues have been fixed through our guide.
How can I sync my left and right Soundcore Liberty Air 2 earbuds?
The left earbud syncs automatically once the right one turns ON. You cannot pair them manually because it is an automatic process. All you can do is repeat the pairing process if they don’t sync. Moreover, try a reset and re-pair to solve the issue.
Why one of my Soundcore earbuds is not charging?
If one of your earbuds is not charging, clean the contact points in the charging case. Moreover, place the earbud firmly in its slot. Make sure the charging case has enough power. Try swiping the charging slots between the earbuds.
Also read: Fixing One Skullcandy Earbud is Not Charging
While using earbuds, it is not unusual for one of them to start malfunctioning. However, the issue is not too complicated. You can fix it by investing a few minutes in applying some useful hacks. I am sure now both of your left/right Soundcore Liberty Air 2 earbuds are working properly.