Skullcandy manufactures beautiful earbuds. Sesh Evo is one of the most popular Skullcandy buds. You power them by placing them into the charging case. However, if it is not turning ON, the earbuds cannot be charged and used.
Most of the users have complained that Sesh Evo has a low battery life. So, they need to charge it frequently. But, the case refuses to turn ON. Generally, it happens due to a software glitch.
This guide will explain some immediate methods to solve the problem. Just keep following and applying the troubleshooting steps.
Tip#1. Check the Charging Accessories
A faulty cable or adapter can be the reason your case is not turning ON. Because it does not have sufficient power. So, first, make sure you are using the original charging tools provided with your device.
Moreover, check the health of the cable and the adapter. Use a different cable and connect to a different power outlet. You can use your phone’s USB cable to charge your Skullcandy case for the time being.
Tip#2. Recharge the Battery Properly
Another reason is that the case is not fully charged. Check the light indicators to know the battery level. Four white lights mean that the battery is fully charged.
Likewise, there can be 3, 2, or 1 light turned ON. The red indicator informs that the battery is critically low. Even if the indicators show that the device is charged, still you should connect the charger.
Maybe the indicators are giving wrong information. Plug the case into the power and let it charge for 30-60 minutes and then turn it ON.
Tip#3. Reset Your Sesh Evo Case
Another troubleshooting tip is to reset your Sesh earbuds. This will remove any software glitches. Here is the process:
- Hold the back of both earbuds for 15 seconds almost.
- Release the touch area when the lights come ON.
- Likewise, connect the charging case to the power source and hold the power button until it turns ON.
- In this way, you can force restart the case.
Tip#4. Install the Latest Firmware on Your Skullcandy
The problem can be due to an outdated firmware. Installing the latest version can help fix the issue. Here is how can you update your Sesh Evo:
- Connect your earbuds to your phone.
- Open the “Skullcandy” app on your phone.
- Navigate to the “Settings” and then to the “Firmware” section.
- Tap this option 10 times and you will see another section, “Firmware Version”.
- Download the latest version which is either 2.1.1 or 2.1.8.
- Restart your device after the update is complete and turn ON the case.
Tip#5. Restore to Factory Settings
It is another helpful method to resolve pairing and functioning issues. Restoring to factory settings will remove all the saved information and data from your device. However, you can pair them again.
- Go to the “Settings” on your mobile device to which your Sesh Evo is paired.
- Open the “Bluetooth” menu and click on your Skullcandy buds in the list of paired devices.
- Next, tap the “Forget/Disconnect” button to unpair both devices.
- Now, hold both buds for 4 seconds and they will turn OFF.
- Wait a few seconds and then hold down both Sesh Evo for 10 seconds.
- The LED indicator on both earbuds will flash blue and then red.
- Place the buds into the charging case. Take them out when the lights turn red.
- When you remove them from the case, the LED will flash blue and both buds will sync with each other.
- At this point, the LEDs on the charging case should also turn ON.
Tip#6. Replace the Battery
The charging case has a rechargeable battery that can run up to 500 charge cycles. Its capacity can decline over time. Hence, the battery fails to charge and your device cannot turn ON.
In such a case you should check and replace the battery with a new one. Skullcandy case uses a lithium-ion, 500mAh, 3.7V, 1.85Wh battery.
Another suggestion is to purchase new Skullcandy buds or a charging case if the existing one is too old.
Tip#7. Reach Out to Skullcandy Support
Some users face functioning issues with a brand-new device. This happens due to a manufacturing or built-in defect. You must contact Skullcandy support to seek technical assistance.
If the device is under warranty, you can get a free replacement or refund. The manufacturer provides a 1-year warranty period.
So, they will replace your bad charging case. Other reasons include hardware defects due to a drop-down and physical shock to the charging case.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following FAQs will provide you with more information. So, read them to fix your Skullcandy like a pro.
Why my Skullcandy Sesh Evo charging case has stopped working?
There can be several reasons for this issue including low battery, software bugs, or defective charging cable or adapter. Moreover, a damaged or expired battery can also stop your charging case from turning ON.
How to confirm my Skullcandy charging case is turned ON?
You can confirm by observing the LED indicators on the case. There are four lights that show battery status. Open the lid of the charging case and the lights will glow. White lights indicate the battery power while red light means the case needs to be charged.
How can I charge my Skullcandy earbuds without the charging case?
Your earbuds can be charged through your computer or PC. Simply, plug the earbuds into the audio jack of your computer. But, the computer should be turned ON and should have enough power to transfer.
You can use alternate ways to temporarily charge your Skullcandy Sesh Evo earbuds. Meanwhile, troubleshoot the charging case by applying all the solutions mentioned in our guide.