If your Jabra Elite left earbud not working, do not worry. There can be two conditions; the earbud does not turn ON or there is no sound from the left one.
This article will guide you on how to fix the earbud in a few minutes. I will explain all the solutions in detail.
By following this guide, you can troubleshoot the device at home. This guide is also applicable if your Jabra Elite right earbud has stopped working.
1. Recharge the Battery
Most probably, the battery of your earbud is drained. Therefore, it does not turn ON or work. Each earbud has its own tiny battery that can drain out independently of the other one.
The solution is to charge the battery by placing it in the charging case. Make sure to give it full-time and then turn it ON. Be sure to use the original charger and USB cable.
2. Follow the Correct Pairing Method
The issue may be with the pairing and connection. So, you have to pair your earbuds to the phone by following the correct method:
- Press and hold the button on both earbuds for 3 seconds.
- When the red light turns blue, the Bluetooth pairing mode is enabled.
- Now, enable Bluetooth on your smartphone or tablet.
- Go to the “Settings” and then “Bluetooth” menu.
- Choose your Jabra Elite 75t from the list of available devices.
- Click the “Connect/Pair” button and check the sound.
3. Reset Your Jabra Elite 75t Earbud
A simple reset is a very effective way to fix any issues with your earbuds. Here is how you reset Jabra Elite:
- Remove both earbuds from their charging case.
- Hold down the button on the right and left earbuds for 10 seconds.
- Now, place the buds back into the charging case.
- They are now reset, connect them again to your phone.
4. Update Your Jabra Elite 75t
A firmware update can also help in fixing the issue. Follow these steps correctly:
- Remove the earbuds from the case, turn them ON, and let them connect with your phone.
- Open the “Sound+” app on your smartphone.
- Tap the “Discover” icon in the app.
- Next, click the “Update Now” button and the process will start.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update process.
- The firmware update generally takes 15 minutes.
- After that, place the buds in the case and connect to the power supply.
- Close the case lid for 5 seconds. Finally, check if the left earbud is working or not.
5. Reset the Charging Case
If resetting the earbuds did not work, you should also reset the charging case. Here is the process:
- Remove both buds from the charging case and store them in a safe place.
- Plug the charger into the case and do not close the lid.
- Let the case charge for 3 hours using the provided USB cable.
- Do not use a third-party cable or charger. Moreover, do not plug into a high voltage power supply. The standard voltage for the earbuds is 5v+-0.25v.
- After 3 hours, disconnect the power supply, put the bus in the case, and close the lid.
- Now, leave the earbuds for 3 hours so that they can fully charge.
- Once this 6-hour process is completed, your left earbud will start working correctly.
6. Clean the Earbuds
If the sound is not coming from left earbud, the speaker mesh may be dirty. Clean it using a soft cloth and then a toothbrush. Moreover, clean the vent hole on your earbuds.
It is a tiny hole that can be found between the charging pins and the ear tips. Actually, it is an air vent that ensures balanced air pressure.
Use a toothpick to clean this vent. But, do it gently and do not press too hard. Insert the toothpick carefully into the hole and remove any dirt or ear wax. Now, check the sound again.
7. Check for Hardware Damage
Each earbud is installed with a proximity and a Bluetooth sensor. If any of these sensors get damaged, the earbuds will no longer work. Because the sensor is responsible for establishing a connection between the earbuds.
It can be damaged due to water contact or physical shock. Unfortunately, it is not a fixable error. Hence, you have to buy a new pair or go with only the right earbud.
8. Contact the Manufacturer
Most of the users including me have fixed the issue by applying the solutions given in this guide. However, in a few cases, no troubleshooting method works.
This is because the device has a manufacturing fault. Hence, you should contact Jabra Elite customer support. Ask for a replacement or refund if your Jabra Elite 75t is under warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have further queries regarding your Jabra Elite 75t earbuds, get answers in the following section.
Why is my Jabra Elite 75t left earbud not working?
There are several reasons behind this issue. For example, insufficient battery power, outdated firmware, clogged air vent/speakers, or poor connection between the devices. All these problems can be resolved through our workable guide.
How can I turn ON my Jabra Elite earbuds?
The earbuds turn ON automatically when you remove them from the charging case. Another way is to turn them ON manually. Press and hold the button on both earbuds until the LED flashes.
Does dropping my Jabra Elite 75t earbuds cause hardware damage?
Jabra Elite can withstand an accidental drop. Because they are IP55-rated. It means the device is resistant to low-pressure water jets and light rain. Further, the buds are also dust and solid-resistant.
I have explained all the potential solutions in this guide. If your Jabra Elite 75t left earbud is not working or not producing sound, you can get full help from our guide. Stay connected with us and freely ask if you want to know something else.