If your Skullcandy left earbud is not working, you have come to the right place. Because this article is going to solve your problem within no time.
Skullcandy earbuds can be used in Mono mode. It means you can listen from only one earbud. In stereo mode, you can sync both earbuds and then pair them with a Bluetooth device.
However, one earbud fails to work sometimes. Whether your left or right earbud is not working, the fixing method is the same. Read this article till the end to find the solution to this issue.
Solution 1. Reset Skullcandy Earbuds
This issue can be solved by resetting your earbuds. There are two reset methods explained below;
Reset Method 1: Re-sync Both Earbuds
Follow these steps to troubleshoot your Skullcandy earbuds if the left one is not working;
- Put both earbuds in their charging case.
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on the device (e.g. phone, tablet, computer) to which your earbuds are paired.
- Turn OFF Bluetooth and remove your earbuds from the pairing list.
- Now, take out the left earbud from its case. Touch and hold the center of the earbud until the LED indicator flashes red.
- This indicates that the earbud is reset. Now, put the left earbud back in its case.
- Next, take out the right earbud from the case and reset it by following the same process.
- Now, put both earbuds in your ears. A beep tone and a voice prompt will inform you that both earbuds have synced with each other.
- At this point, turn on Bluetooth on your device (phone, tablet, PC). Your Skullcandy earbuds will show on the screen of your device.
- Connect them with your device. Hopefully, the sound is coming from both earbuds.
Reset Method 2: Factory Reset
If the first solution does not work and still your Skullcandy left earbud is not working then follow this solution;
Turn OFF Bluetooth on the device to which your earbuds are connected. Also, remove the earbuds from the pairing list.
- Turn off both earbuds, press, and hold the back button/touch panel for 6 seconds until the earbuds power off.
- Now, press and hold the back button on your left earbud for 10 seconds. Put it in the charging case.
- Repeat the same process with the right earbud also.
- Now, remove both earbuds from the charging case and they will go into pairing mode.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your device-phone, tablet, PC- and scan for your Skullcandy earbuds.
- Connect them when their name appears in the list. Make sure the audio is coming from both earbuds.
Reset Method 3: Drain the Battery
There is another reset trick that is simple but effective. Drain the battery of the left earbud fully. Take it out from the charging case, leave it ON or use until the battery is drained completely.
Then, charge the earbud and pair again with your phone or computer. This tip resets the earbud thus removing any issues.
Solution 2: Clean the Earbuds
Dirt, debris, or earwax traps inside the earbuds and they can stop working. Therefore, you should regularly clean your earbuds.
Take a toothpick and gently insert it into the holes in your earbud. Remove any debris, lint, or earwax. Further, clean the speaker grill using a soft and new toothbrush.
Suck the earbud to remove the earwax completely. This trick was found helpful by many users.
Solution 3: Charge the Earbuds Properly
Sometimes, the user does not notice that the earbuds are not charging properly. Maybe the charging point of your left Skullcandy earbud is defective.
Therefore, it is not receiving power. An effective trick is to place the left earbud in the location of the right one for some time to see if it charges or not.
Moreover, clean the contact points in the charging case to ensure proper charging. Leave the earbud for 15-30 minutes in the case and then check again.
Solution 4. Adjust the Audio Balance
An incorrect audio setting can also cause the left earbud not to work. So, adjust the audio balance on your smartphone.
- Go to the Audio settings on the connected device.
- Check if the ‘mono’ mode is applied, it will cause the audio to come only from one side.
- Move the audio slider and adjust it in the center so that sound can be directed to both left and right buds.
- Moreover, check other audio settings such as Audio Enhancement, auto-pause, or position sensing.
- The sound should not be muted on the connected device.
Related: Pair Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds
FAQs Regarding Skullcandy Earbuds
While using your Skullcandy earbuds, certain questions may come to your mind frequently. You will find the answers to your common queries here;
Why should I take out the left Skullcandy earbud first from the charging case?
It is recommended to work with the left earbud first and remove it from the charging case before the right earbud. The reason is that the right earbud starts the pairing process.
So, removing it from the case will create a problem and it will not sync with the left earbud. Hence, the left earbud will not receive audio signals.
Can I replace a lost Skullcandy earbud?
Unfortunately, Skullcandy does not allow to replace the lost earbud. You have to purchase a new pair of earbuds if one of your previous earbuds has been lost. However, you can still use a single earbud if you are good with it.
Are Skullcandy earbuds truly waterproof?
Skullcandy earbuds feature an IPX4 waterproof rating. They are not fully waterproof but only sweat-resistant. It means they will be spoiled if put in water. Hence, you should not put them into wet ears or while taking a shower.
Troubleshooting Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds – Video Guide
The issue under consideration can be solved readily by reading this guide. Follow each step in the correct order to fix your Skullcandy left earbud not working. We hope you like our articles.