Logitech mouse and keyboard are very popular. They are available in both wired and wireless versions. However, it may happen that your Logitech mouse stops working but the keyboard is functioning well with your PC.
This situation causes frustration. But, don’t worry, we have found the best working solutions to fix your device. There can be multiple reasons behind this problem.
For example, loose connection, bad USB port, corrupted drivers, or low battery. This guide will explain all the potential solutions, you must try them.
1. Reconnect the Receiver
The main reason for the problem can be the receiver of your Logitech mouse. Unplug the receiver from your computer. Turn it OFF and then ON after a few seconds.
Now, plug the receiver again into your PC. Reconnect the mouse and check if it has started working.
2. Check the Batteries
Another reason can be the bad or expired batteries. As you know, the Logitech mouse works with replaceable batteries.
So, check and insert new AA batteries. If your mouse has a built-in battery, charge it fully. Because the low power can also cause the connection issues.
3. Try A Different USB Port
The USB port to which your mouse receiver is connected may be faulty. So, connect the receiver to a different USB port on your computer. Then, connect it again and see if it works. You can also check the port by plugging another device into it.
4. Connect the Receiver Firmly
It might happen that the receiver is not plugged firmly into your computer. Unplug the receiver dongle. Insert it again and push as far as possible.
But, don’t apply force, the dongle should connect smoothly. If you have it, you should try a different Logitech wireless mouse receiver.
5. Install Connect Utility
Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard need Connect Utility software to work with your computer. Visit the Logitech website and install this software.
You may already have it on your computer but it may be outdated. So, install the latest software. Likewise, you can repair or install the corrupted drivers on your computer.
Use the Driver Support software for automatic and convenient updating. Visit the website and it will provide you with full instructions.
6. Switch to Bluetooth
Most of the Logitech wireless devices are supported by the Logitech Unifying technology. A USB dongle is required to pair the mouse or keyboard with the computer.
However, some of the devices also support Bluetooth connectivity. So, unplug the receiver from your PC and pair the mouse via Bluetooth.
This will resolve the issue. Later on, return back to the receiver and check if it works or not.
7. Re-install the Mouse Drivers
The mouse drivers on your computer may be outdated or corrupted. Therefore, the mouse is not working. The solution is to uninstall and then reinstall the mouse drivers:
- On your keyboard, press the “Windows+R” keys together.
- It will show a run dialog box, type “devmgmt.msc” in the box.
- Hit the “Enter” key and it will open the “Device Manager”.
- Open the devices list by pressing the “Tab” button on the keyboard.
- Scroll the list using the arrow button and click the “Mice and other pointing devices” tab.
- Now, hit the “Alt” and right arrow keys together, it will expand the category.
- Locate the “Logitech” mouse, select it using arrow keys, and click by pressing the “Enter” key.
- Open the context menu by pressing the Shift+F10.
- Choose the “Uninstall Device” option.
- Close the window and return to the desktop. Hit the Alt+F4 keys at the same time.
- Choose the “Restart” option and click the “Enter” key.
- The Windows will automatically install the mouse drivers on restarting.
- Finally, connect the mouse to the PC and see if it works.
8. Reset Your Logitech Mouse
Logitech mouse come in various models. The reset method is similar as well as a bit different for each version. However, you can follow these steps to reset your mouse successfully:
- Find the “Reset” button at the bottom of your Logitech mouse.
- Press and hold this button until the mouse restarts. Confirm the reset method through the user manual.
- If the mouse does not have a dedicated reset button, you can use the power button for the same purpose.
- Disconnect the mouse from the wireless dongle. Slide the power button to turn OFF the mouse. Wait a few seconds and then turn it ON again.
- Moreover, open the battery compartment and remove the batteries from your mouse.
- After a few seconds, reinsert the batteries correctly. This will reset the mouse and the issues will be removed.
9. Troubleshoot Your Computer
The problem can be related to your PC. So, restart the PC to resolve the issue. Moreover, check the mouse by pairing it to a different computer.
First, connect the USB receiver to the other computer and turn it ON. Then, turn ON your mouse and pair it. This trick will tell you whether the mouse or the computer is the culprit.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the brief answers to your possible questions. Read for more information.
Why my Logitech wireless mouse is not working but the keyboard is?
There are many possible reasons if your mouse is not working but the keyboard is. For example, low or expired batteries, faulty USB dongles, or ports on the computer can cause this issue. Likewise, Software issues like outdated drivers can also interfere with the mouse.
What to do if my Logitech wireless keyboard is not working but the mouse is?
Replace the batteries of the keyboard, disconnect and reconnect it to your computer, and restart both the PC and the keyboard. Likewise, update or reinstall the keyboard drivers and reset the device. Read our detailed guide on the Keyboard not working but mouse is working.
How to sync the Logitech keyboard and mouse to the PC?
First, insert the USB receiver into your computer and turn it ON. Now, press the power switch on the mouse or keyboard to turn it ON. Open the “Start” menu on your PC and then choose “Settings”. Select “Devices” and then “Bluetooth and other devices”. Tap your Logitech mouse or keyboard, and finally, click the “Pair” button to sync the mouse or the keyboard.
This article has elaborated on all the potential methods to fix your Logitech wireless mouse that is not working but the keyboard is. We have brought verified and effective solutions that promise to fix your problem. So, be sure to apply each step.