Do you own a Logitech K780 keyboard and its F1 and/or F2 keys are blinking? If yes, you have come to the right place. This article will guide you on how to fix this issue.
You cannot do anything when your keyboard is in a flashing state. Hence, you should troubleshoot this problem to start using it normally.
1. Check the Connection
A weak or no wireless connection is the cause behind this issue. So, check if the Multi-Device feature is turned ON. As you know the K780 keyboard can work 3 devices at a time.
Moreover, make sure Bluetooth is enabled on your computer, phone, or tablet. Hold down the “Easy-Switch” key for 3 seconds or until the LED on the selected channels blinks rapidly.
2. Replug the Receiver
The connection can become lost due to the USB receiver. So, unplug the receiver from your computer. Wait a few moments and then plug the receiver back into the port.
Likewise, insert the receiver into a different USB port on your computer. This will resolve the connection issue. Try the unplug and replug method twice or thrice.
3. Place the Devices Closer
Another reason is that the keyboard and the computer are too far away. It happens when you adjust the devices and the distance between them increases.
So, place the keyboard closer to your computer, smartphone, or tablet. It should be close to the receiver for a strong connection.
4. Reset Your Logitech K780
Another way to fix the blinking keys issue is to reset the keyboard. Here is how to do it:
- Flip your Logitech K780 upside down.
- Open the battery compartment cover and remove its lid.
- Now, remove the batteries and wait a few seconds.
- Insert the batteries again and close the lid.
- If this does not resolve the issue, try inserting the fresh batteries.
5. Switch to Bluetooth
The problem can also be solved by switching the connection. Usually, Logitech owners connect their wireless devices through Logitech Connect technology that requires a small receiver.
However, sometimes, this connection is interrupted so badly. Hence, you should switch to the Bluetooth. Pair your Logitech to your device like a normal wireless/Bluetooth device.
6. Re-launch the Logitech Options Software
Here is another solution that requires you to uninstall and then reinstall the Options Software. Follow these steps correctly:
- Exit the K-E Logitech Options Software on the keyboard.
- Now, open Bluetooth settings on your computer or smartphone.
- Click on your Logitech K780, it will show in the list of paired devices.
- Next, click the “Unpair” button to disconnect the keyboard from the device.
- Then, press your desired key from 1,2,3 to give the keyboard command for connection.
- This will resolve the problem of blinking function keys because your devices are now reconnected.
- Finally, you have to relaunch the K-E once the problem is resolved. Install the Logitech Options Software again. It is required to manage and customize the peripheral devices.
7. Install Connect Utility
Logitech wireless devices work through a specialized software called the Connect Utility. You must have installed it on your computer.
Otherwise, the device will not connect through a USB receiver or dongle. Hence, visit the Logitech website on your computer and install or update the Connect Utility.
8. Disable the Filter Keys
Another solution is to disable the filter keys feature on your keyboard. Here is how to do it:
- Open the “Settings” on your computer by pressing the Windows+I.
- Alternately, tap the Windows icon and then choose settings.
- Navigate to the “Ease of Access” and click the “Keyboards”.
- Choose the “Filter Keys” option and turn it OFF.
9. Update the Keyboard Drivers
Outdated or corrupted drivers can also create such problems. So, you should update or reinstall the drivers on your Logitech K780. Follow these steps:
- Tap the “Start” button or Windows icon on your computer.
- Go to the “Control Panel” and then “Device Manager”.
- Find the “Keyboard” option and double-click it.
- Next, click the “Driver” tab and then “Update Driver”.
- If any drivers need to be updated, your computer will inform you.
- Install the drivers update and then restart your computer.
- Finally, connect the keyboard again to the device.
10. Contact Logitech Support
Most probably, the issue is related to the software. Therefore, all the troubleshooting steps given in this guide should fix your keyboard.
However, if nothing works, you should contact Logitech customer support. Maybe the issue is in the hardware. Hence, only the manufacturer can fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following commonly asked questions will provide you with further information about your Logitech keyboard.
What type of keyboard is the Logitech K780?
Logitech K780 is a multi-tasking, compact, and full-size Wireless Scissor keyboard. It can work up to three devices at a time, the “Easy-Switch” key lets you switch between your computer, phone, or tablet.
How to print a screen or take a screenshot through my Logitech K780 keyboard?
Place the cursor on the windows or page to print the screen. Now, hit “ctrl+fn+alt+del” at the same time. Look for the “delete” key, it has a 2-square icon that indicates the print screen function.
Does the Logitech K780 keyboard support Bluetooth technology?
K780 keyboard has two types of wireless connectivity technologies: Bluetooth and Logitech Connect Utility. You can pair it by inserting the Unifying USB receiver into your computer. This method gives you the option to switch between 3 devices. Moreover, the keyboard can also work via Bluetooth.
Can I change the F keys on my Logitech keyboard?
Yes, you can change the F keys by downloading the “Logitech Options Software”. Set the F-lock and the F keys will function as regular function keys. Another way is to hold down the “fn” key and use the F keys as normal buttons.
F1 and F2 keys blinking on the Logitech K780 keyboard indicate a connection error. Hence, you have to fix the connection issue and the blinking keys will start working normally. This guide has told you all the methods to troubleshoot your device. Hopefully, now your keyboard is functioning normally.