Apple iPhone is one of the most desirable and advanced smartphones. However, it is also vulnerable to certain issues such as it gets frozen and doesn’t turn OFF or reset.
More or less all users face this issue with their iPhones. It is really a frustrating situation if your iPhone becomes unresponsive.
But, every problem comes with a solution. So, stop worrying because this guide will fix your iPhone.
The tricks given in this article are applicable to all different versions of the iPhone. So, let’s try all the fixes one by one.
1. Force Restart Your iPhone
A frozen iPhone cannot be restarted normally. So, you need to force restart it. The method to force restart various iPhone models differs.
First, identify the model of your iPhone and then follow the appropriate restart method.
iPhone with Face ID
iPhone X, XS, XR, iPhone 11, 12, and 13 feature Face ID. They can be force restarted by the following steps;
- Locate the Volume button on the left side of your iPhone. Press the ‘Volume Up’ button and release it quickly.
- Now, press and quickly release the ‘Volume Down’ button.
- Next, press and hold the ‘Side/Power’ button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
iPhone 8 or SE (2nd Generation and Later)
- Press the ‘Volume Up’ button and release it quickly.
- Next, press the ‘Volume Down’ button and release it.
- Hold the ‘Side’ button until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- On your iPhone 7, press and hold the ‘Volume Down’ and the ‘Sleep/Wake’ button simultaneously.
- Release both buttons when the screen shows the Apple logo.
iPhone 6S or SE (1st Generation)
- The ‘Sleep/Wake’ button is present on the right or the top of the iPhone 6S.
- While the ‘Home’ button is located at the bottom.
- Press and hold both the ‘Sleep/Wake’ and the ‘Home’ button at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the Apple logo appears on the screen.
2. Charge Your iPhone
Another potential solution is to charge your iPhone. It may be frozen because the battery is drained out. If the battery is fully charged, connecting the charger can still help.
Because your iPhone is in passive mode and needs a trigger to activate itself. So, connect the original Apple charging cable with your iPhone and plug it into a working power outlet.
Let it charge for 15-30 minutes at least. After that, apply the force restart according to the specific model of your iPhone.
3. Recover Your iPhone With iMyFone
If the force restart does not work, you can recover your iPhone using an app. It will also prevent data loss and fix your device easily. The process is as follows;
Download the “iMyFone Fixppo” app on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Once the app is installed, launch it. Choose the ‘Standard Mode’ option.
- Now, take a USB cable that is provided with your iPhone. Connect your iPhone to the PC using this cable.
- As soon as the app detects your iPhone, tap the ‘Next’ button.
- Follow the on-screen prompts until you reach the ‘Fix’ option.
- Click the ‘Fix’ button and your iPhone will be released from its frozen state.
4. Try the ReiBoot
ReiBoot is another software program to fix the frozen iPhone that won’t turn OFF or reset. This method is advantageous as it does not cause any data loss.
It is a one-click solution to all iPhone issues. Kindly, follow these steps correctly to bring your iPhone back to life.
- Install the Tenorshare ReiBoot on your PC or Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to the PC using the original Apple USB cable.
- Run the software and click the ‘Start’ option shown on the main page.
- Next, tap the ‘Standard Repair’ option. Proceed further by downloading the latest firmware package for your iPhone.
- Once the downloading is complete, choose the ‘Start Standard Repair’ option.
- It will take a few minutes to complete the repair process. Your iPhone will restart with no data loss.
5. Restore Your iPhone Via iTunes
If the iMyFone app fails to recover your iPhone, you should try iTunes. This method is effective to recover your frozen iPhone that won’t turn OFF or reset.
However, it will cause data loss. So, proceed at your own risk;
- Install iTunes on your Windows PC or Mac.
- Launch the program and connect your iPhone to the PC using the Apple USB cable.
- On your iPhone, press the ‘Side’ button and ‘Volume’ buttons at the same time.
- Release all the buttons when the Apple logo shows on the screen.
- Next, the iPhone screen will say “Connect to iTunes”, and click it.
- The iTunes on your PC will detect your iPhone and will guide you through the next steps.
- Correctly follow all the on-screen guidelines to restore your iPhone to factory settings.
6. Update Your iPhone
A frozen iPhone cannot be updated. However, when it recovers, the first thing you should check for is the latest software version.
It is necessary to keep your phone updated to avoid software issues. Because the latest firmware updates always come with bug fixes.
Moreover, they improve the efficiency of your iPhone. You can update an active iPhone by the following process;
- On your iPhone, tap the gear icon to open the ‘Settings’.
- Next, choose the ‘General’ settings and then navigate to the ‘Software Update’.
- Download and install the latest update if it is available.
- Check the ‘Auto-update’ button if you do not want to update manually but automatically.
- You should also check for the app updates from the Apple Store.
- Remove the useless and extra apps from your iPhone. Update all the apps to avoid the issue in the future.
7. Contact the Manufacturer
The solutions suggested by this guide should fix your iPhone provided that you have followed each step correctly.
However, if it is still frozen, the issue may be intricate or hardware-related. Hence, you need to contact Apple for support.
Explain your issue and ask for a solution. You may need to send your iPhone for repair. You can also visit a nearby Apple Store if convenient.
Video to Fix iPhone Frozen/Stuck
In most cases, the force restart and other methods fix the iPhone. I have listed all the possible and potential solutions. Be sure to apply them correctly.
It is suggested to try the force restart 2-3 times. Moreover, you must try to charge your iPhone as it is an effective solution.
If this does not help, try the software programs mentioned in this article. They are reliable, trusted, and efficient. Avoid trying other software programs as they may harm your device.
Hopefully, this guide has assisted you fully in fixing your iPhone that is frozen. Tell me in the comment section if it helped you.