Since it is an electronic device, iPhone 12 Pro Max is vulnerable to some temporary faults. For example, your iPhone Pro Max is not responding.
This guide will tell you that how can you restart the iPhone 12 Pro Max when it is frozen. iPhone 12 Pro Max has been released very recently by Apple.
It is a super-fast iPhone equipped with an A14 Bionic system on a chip. It is 50% efficient than other smartphones and works with a 5G network.
If your iPhone has frozen, it may be due to some temporary software glitch. So, you can solve this problem by force restarting your device.
Another option is to put your iPhone 12 in recovery mode. Let us understand how both of these methods work and what is the process.
Force Restart Your Frozen iPhone 12 Pro Max
Normally, you restart your iPhone if it is working slowly or posing any other problem.
But, if the phone is not responding at all, the screen has stuck on the Apple logo, or at any other function, force restart will work. A force restart works on hardware and removes cache files.
It disconnects the power and then turns ON your device quickly. This method works for all of the problems you face with your iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Moreover, this force restart method can be used for other models of iPhone 12 such as iPhone 12 Pro and Mini. Follow these steps to get your iPhone 12 back to work when it is frozen;
- Press the ‘Volume Up’ button on your iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- Immediately, press the ‘Volume Down’ button.
- Quickly, press and hold the ‘Side button’ almost for 10 seconds.
- When the Apple logo appears on your phone screen, release the side button.
- Your phone has been released from frozen mode if you see white Apple Logo on black screen. Now, enter your passcode and your device will be functioning normally.
The Alternate Solution: Enter Recovery Mode
In the majority of cases, a force restart helps you fix your iPhone if it is frozen. However, sometimes it may not work.
So, you have to try another solution that is called DFU Mode or Recovery Mode. If your phone is stuck on the Apple logo and is not responding, put it in recovery mode.
Follow the guidelines given below;
- Connect your iPhone 12 Pro Max to your computer. Make the connection by using the USB-C to lightning cable that is given with your iPhone.
- The latest version of iTunes or Finder should be installed on your computer or MacOS.
- If you have connected your phone to a PC or macOS Mojave or earlier then open iTunes. However, if you own MacOS Catalina or later then open Finder.
Now, force restart your iPhone 12 by the following method;
- On your iPhone 12, press and release the ‘Volume Up’ button and then the ‘Volume Down’ button.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Side Button’, Apple Logo will appear on the screen and then it will enter the recovery mode. Now, you can release the side button.
- Next, you have to choose your device appearing on your computer screen in the sidebar of iTunes or Finder.
- Here, you will see two options; update or Restore. Click on the “Update” option and wait for the process to complete.
- Your computer will reinstall the software on your phone without harming the stored data.
So, this is how you can fix your frozen iPhone 12. We have told you two methods. First, work on force restart.
If it fails to release your phone from a frozen state then go for the recovery mode option.
Hopefully, this will solve your issue. Nevertheless, if your device is still troubling, you must contact Apple.
In this guide, you have learned how to restart your iPhone 12 Pro Max when it is frozen.