Many users face the issue of the green dot on iPhone pictures. Although it is of negligible size yet it looks bad. Hence, I will tell you how to get rid of the green dot on iPhone pictures.
This issue is a real concern for photography lovers. They toil a lot to capture a perfect shot or selfie. But, the green dot spoils both their mood and the picture.
You can remove this dot by following some useful tricks. It can be removed from previously captured photos as well. Be sure to read this article till the end to solve your problem.
Table of Contents
Why Green Dot Appears on iPhone Pictures
The reason for the green dot is light reflection, glare, and haze. This issue occurs when you take a photo with a strong light source in the background.
The light reflects from the camera lens or cover and appears in the form of a green dot. This problem is common in all models of iPhone.
However, it is not a built-in defect. You can avoid the green dot by shifting the angle.
Solution 1: Divert the Angle
One immediate solution to the green dot issue is shifting the picture angle slightly. Because the outside light reflects the inside of your camera.
Therefore, the green dot becomes too prominent. While capturing a photo, move your iPhone to dislocate the green dot.
The green dot will disappear when it comes right to the center of the source of light.
For example, if you are capturing the sunrise or sunset, bring the green dot at the center of the sun to make it disappear.
However, this can be a tricky thing to adjust the dot perfectly. So, you need a permanent solution.
Solution 2: Remove the Green Dot Permanently
You may also want to remove the green dot from the pictures in your iPhone gallery. This can be done by downloading certain third-party apps.
A lot of photo-editing apps are available in this regard. However, all of them are not reliable enough. So, the best app is ‘Snapseed’.
It is very useful in removing the green dot from your iPhone pictures. Here is how to use it;
- Go to the Apple Store on your iPhone and search the ‘Snapseed’ app.
- Download and install the app. Launch the app and complete the initial setup process.
- Now, upload the photo with a green dot on it. Click the ‘Edit’ option and then the ‘Tools’ option located at the bottom of the screen.
- It will provide a lot of editing options. Choose the ‘Healing’ tool to get rid of the green dot on your iPhone pictures.
- Fully zoom in on the area of the picture where the green dot is located. Place two fingers on the green dot and drag them apart to zoom in.
- Next, tap the zoomed-in green dot and it will disappear.
- Finally, tap the check icon at the bottom of the screen to save the edited picture.
Also read: How to Fix Crackling Noise on iPhone 11
Video Guide to Fix iPhone Green Dot in Photos
If you are an expert photographer, you know how to adjust the picture angle. Diverting the angle and placing the green dot at the center of the light source is an effective way to avoid the issue.
However, if you find this method difficult, you can take help from Snapseed. This app effectively removes the green dot on your iPhone pictures.
In this guide, you learned how to get rid of the green dot on iPhone pictures. Keep following us for reading more informative and useful articles.