This guide aims at providing you with complete Vizio soundbar instructions. This will serve as a user guide for you. It will include unboxing, initializing, and setting up the Vizio soundbar.
Further, we will discuss the connection methods, features, and working of the soundbar. This article is going to be very helpful and useful for you.
You can find everything related to your new Vizio soundbar. Although the soundbar comes with a user manual yet it may be difficult to understand.
Because the manual is written in technical language. However, this guide will make things easier for you. We will try to explain everything in simple words so that you can understand it fully.
So, keep reading the article till the end. We suggest you preserve it in your device to access all the information in the future too.
Vizio Soundbar: A Brief Introduction
Vizio was founded in 2002 by William Wang in Costa Mesa, California. The manufacturer is specialized in producing TVs and sound systems. In a very short time, they got popularity due to their quality products.
Soundbars from Vizio are one of the best audio systems. If you want to enjoy the best home theater experience, adding a Vizio soundbar is necessary.
Because the built-in speakers of the modern smart TVs are not too powerful to produce a bombastic sound. Moreover, if you play games or listen to music, a soundbar is necessary.
It delivers perfect audio synchronized with a big screen. A soundbar is an advanced invention that is different from traditional speakers.
It is in the form of a long bar containing multiple speakers in it. Moreover, the soundbars can be placed under your TV or can be mounted on the wall.
Hence, they provide great aesthetic value and a decent look to your room.
Types of Vizio Soundbars
There are many different models, types, and series of Vizio soundbars. They belong to different categories depending on the purpose, structure, speakers, designs, etc.
Vizio places its soundbars into three major categories. Let us know briefly about each series.
1. The Vizio Elevate Series
This series has been launched recently and has only one model. It contains best-budget-friendly and affordable soundbars.
The soundbar from this category is equipped with 18 speakers including separate tweeters and subwoofers giving 107 dB sound.
The design is simple but stylish and the performance is excellent. You can purchase a Vizio Elevate soundbar from Amazon.
2. The Vizio M Series
The soundbars from this series fall in the mid-range between luxurious and affordable. The M Series includes only three soundbars. Their price is affordable and the quality is high.
They contain 11 speakers featuring Dolby Atmos and DTS: X. A 6-inch subwoofer is also added to ensure powerful bass.
The system provides 103dB and is excellent for upgrading your home theater.
3. The Vizio V Series
This series includes premium quality, advanced, and luxurious soundbars. They feature DTS Virtual: X technology and 3D surround sound.
So, they make the perfect choice for a real home theater. A total of 6 speakers deliver up to 98dB.
Moreover, Vizio V Series also comes with wireless technology such as Bluetooth or Wifi. Therefore, they provide you with a lot of streaming options and voice control.
Vizio Soundbar Precautions and Suggestions
To keep your Vizio soundbar healthy and to increase its life, you should follow these suggestions and precautions;
- Install your soundbar according to prescribed instructions. Place it at an airy location where the device can get proper ventilation.
- Ports and openings at the back of your soundbar are meant to dissipate the heat. So, you should not block these ports by placing the soundbar in a bookshelf or closet.
- Avoid installing your soundbar near a heat source such as stove, oven, heater, radiators, or other electromagnetic devices. Also, do not expose it to direct sunlight.
- Always use the accessories like power cord, connection cables, etc. provided by the manufacturer.
- If they expire, purchase the original and compatible accessories. Because cheap or third-party tools can damage your device.
- Don’t keep your soundbar on standby mode for a long time. Instead, turn it OFF completely and disconnect from the power supply.
- Whenever you connect an external device to your soundbar, power it OFF to avoid electric shock and power surge.
- Clean your device regularly. But, use a damp cloth. Avoid using sharp tools and liquids.
- Protect your device from moisture and water. If it accidentally gets in contact with water, unplug everything and contact Vizio.
- The electric power supply should be close to your device so that the cables may not be tripped over. Keep the cables safe from walking over, cuts, and animals.
Vizio Soundbar Instructions
Now, we will learn practical things about your Vizio soundbar. These instructions are applicable to all models of Vizio soundbars. So, let us start our guide.
How to Identify Vizio Soundbar Model?
Identifying the model number of your Vizio soundbar is very necessary. Because you must know which product you are using.
Moreover, you can troubleshoot your soundbar easily if you remember its model number. The model number is written in the user manual or on the packaging.
But, you can misplace these things easily. So, note the model number after purchasing your soundbar. It can be found in three places;
- Check the packaging of your soundbar, the model number is written on it.
- Open the quick start guide and you will find the model number on its first page.
- Look at the back of your Vizio soundbar, the model number is printed here. But, all models may not have it.
You should confirm that the model number is identical in all three places. The user manual should be according to the model.
Unboxing the Vizio Soundbar
The Vizio soundbar comes in a package. You need to open it and make sure that it contains all the accessories. The package contents are written on the box and in the user guide.
In addition to the soundbar and subwoofer, Vizio also provides remote control with 2x AAA batteries, 2 power cables, coaxial audio cable, digital optical cable, and stereo RCA to 3.5mm cable.
Additionally, 2 wall mount brackets, 2 screws, and a mounting template is also included. Match the items with the checklist given in the quick start guide.
Vizio Soundbar Controls
The Vizio soundbar usually has 5 control buttons on it. Some models have physical keys while others may have touch keys.
Moreover, there are 12 LED indicators on the soundbar that inform about various modes, status, etc. The details of the buttons are as follows;
- A power button to turn ON and OFF your soundbar.
- A pairing button with a Bluetooth symbol on it.
- An input button to change the audio source.
- Two volume buttons with + and – signs to increase and decrease the volume respectively.
There are 3 button combinations that perform different functions.
Factory Reset: On your Vizio soundbar, press and hold the ‘Bluetooth’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons at the same time.
Release after 5 seconds or when all 12 LED lights flash. So, your device will restore to factory settings. This function is performed to troubleshoot your soundbar if it poses an issue.
Enable/Disable Vizio TV Remote: If you own a Vizio TV, you can control the soundbar and TV with the same remote. It is enabled by default, however, this function can be disabled.
Press and hold the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Up’ button simultaneously for 5 seconds.
Energy Star Mode: This feature helps to reduce power consumption and is enabled by default.
In this mode, your soundbar turns OFF automatically after a period of inactivity almost after 15 minutes. You can disable it, but then you will turn OFF your device manually.
Press and hold the ‘Power’ and ‘Volume Down’ button together for 5 seconds to disable the Energy Star mode.
Vizio Soundbar Connections
The connectivity ports are present at the back of the soundbar. They are labeled so you can identify them easily.
- A DC IN port for plugging in the power cord.
- A USB port to plug in the USB flash drive for system update or to play music files.
- An Optical port to connect Digital Optical Audio cable
- A Digital port for inserting coaxial input
- An HDMI port for connecting HDMI cable
- An AUX for Analog Audio In or Stereo RCA or Stereo 3.5mm
- Some Vizio models may have more than one HDMI port including CEC, ARC, or eARC.
Vizio Subwoofer and Satellite Speakers
The subwoofer is a box-like device meant to enhance the bass effect. Vizio subwoofer has the following controls and ports located on its back;
- A power port for connecting to the power supply.
- Two satellite speaker ports; blue connects to the left and grey connects to the right speaker.
- One ‘Pairing’ button for Bluetooth pairing with the soundbar.
- A power button to turn the subwoofer ON/OFF.
- A LED light to indicate the status.
- Each satellite speaker has one connection port to insert the RCA cable. In addition, a light indicator is also present to confirm the power status.
The Vizio Remote
The Vizio remote contains more than 15 function keys. It works just like a TV remote. Direct the remote towards the infrared sensor located at the front panel of the soundbar.
Make sure that nothing is blocking the signal transmission between the remote and the soundbar. The remote works properly within 15 feet range.
The remote needs two AAA batteries to function. A pair is provided with the purchase.
You can insert these batteries by opening the back cover of the remote just like you do with your TV remote. The company recommends using Duracell batteries.
Let us understand the functions of the buttons;
Some buttons are common and have obvious purposes such as power, Bluetooth, next/previous, volume, Enter, play/pause, and Mute.
- The Input key is used to change the input source.
- TruVolume is used to enable and disable the special Vizio feature.
- TruSurround HD lets you enjoy this specific sound mode.
- The keys labeled Movie and Music are used to enable the preset EQ.
- SUB key is used to enter the level adjustment mode on the subwoofer. In addition, the next/previous buttons are pressed to adjust the level.
- Bass and Treble keys can be used to enter the bass and treble level adjustment mode. While the next/previous buttons increase or decrease the level.
Vizio Soundbar First Time Setup
Here is the step-by-step guide to setting up your Vizio soundbar. You can connect it with your TV, projector, gaming consoles, Blu-ray laptop, or any other device. However, we will take TV as an example.
- Choose either the Digital Optical cable or the RCA cable provided with your soundbar.
- The company recommends not to use the HDMI cable for the first time setup. Connect one end of the cable to your TV.
- For example, if you choose a digital optical cable, insert it into the relevant port on your TV. Plug the other end into the Optical port on your Vizio soundbar.
- Now, connect the power cable to the DC IN port on the back of your soundbar. While plugging the power adapter into a working electric power outlet.
- Take the other power cable and connect it to the back of your subwoofer. Then, plug the AC adapter into a power outlet.
- Turn ON the subwoofer by flipping the ‘Power’ switch to the ON position.
- Make sure you have connected everything firmly. Turn ON your TV and the soundbar will also turn ON automatically.
- If not, press and hold the power button until the LED indicator starts flashing.
- As soon as you turn ON the TV, the soundbar will start searching for the input. It will be indicated by the LED lights on the front. The lights start cycling in pairs until the audio is detected.
- You also need to select the right input on your TV. Press the ‘IN’ or ‘Source’ button on the TV remote and choose the option according to the port and cable.
- For example, the options include HDMI, Optical, Toslink, etc. Set the soundbar to the same input.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button on your TV remote and open ‘Settings’. Navigate to the ‘Audio Settings’ and turn OFF the ‘TV speakers’.
- This feature will ensure that sound should not play through built-in TV speakers.
- Now, play media on your TV and the sound should come through the soundbar and the subwoofer.
Related: Connect Vizio Soundbar To TV
Advanced setup requires HDMI cables, it transmits both video and audio. This connection can be used for various devices such as cable boxes, Blu-ray, TV, and other devices.
The process is as follows;
- Take the HDMI cable provided with your soundbar. Connect its one end to the HDMI 1 ARC port on the back of your TV.
- Plug the other end into the HDMI Out (ARC) port on your Vizio soundbar.
- Select the HDMI 1 as an input source both on your TV and soundbar.
- Open the ‘Menu’ on your TV and go to ‘Audio Settings’. Change the Digital Audio Settings to ‘Dolby Digital’ or ‘Bitstream’.
- Now, go to ‘System’ settings and enable CEC and ARC functions. Expand the CEC menu and choose ‘Device Discovery’. The soundbar will be registered with your TV.
- Enable ‘Audio Control’ from the CEC menu to use the TV remote for controlling the soundbar.
Positioning the Vizio Sound System
Ideally, you should horizontally place the soundbar under your TV. The purpose is to hide the cables so that they may not spoil the aesthetics of your room.
Moreover, this setting will ensure that the soundbar is at the ear level. It will provide the best sound experience. You may have a desk or table under the TV.
Alternately, you can mount the soundbar on the wall using the mounting kit. While the subwoofer should be placed in the corner of the room.
It is better to place it near the seating. While if your Vizio soundbar also has rear or satellite speakers, place them behind the seats. This will give a true surround sound effect.
Wall-Mounting the Vizio Soundbar
The complete wall mounting kit comes with a Vizio soundbar. Follow these steps to wall mount your soundbar;
- Locate the 2 wall mount screw holes at the back of your Vizio soundbar.
- Insert the screws in the holes and tighten them using a Philips screwdriver.
- Now, place the wall mounting template on the wall under your TV.
- Mark the 4 bracket holes on the wall using a pencil. You will need to buy the screws depending on the type of wall.
- Once the brackets are attached to the wall, place your soundbar on it. For more details, read the user guide or call a professional installer.
Pairing Vizio Soundbar with the Subwoofer
The soundbar comes paired with the subwoofer. As soon as you turn ON both devices, they will connect automatically.
However, you may need to pair both devices again if the subwoofer is not working. So, learn the pairing method with us;
- Connect the subwoofer to the power supply and turn it ON by flipping the power button.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Pairing’ button on the back for 5 seconds. The LED of the pairing button will start blinking.
- Now, turn ON your soundbar. Press and hold its ‘Power’ button for 5 seconds or until the power LED indicator flashes 3 times.
- Your devices are connected successfully, confirm by playing the audio.
Pairing Vizio Soundbar with a Bluetooth Device
Almost all Vizio soundbars are Bluetooth enabled. By following these instructions, you can pair your soundbar with any Bluetooth device.
- Place the Bluetooth device closer to your Vizio soundbar. Because Bluetooth can function within 30 feet range.
- Press and hold the Bluetooth button on the soundbar for 5 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED indicators on the front panel start flashing. They follow a regular pattern, blink from bottom to top and then back again.
- Now, enable Bluetooth on the device to be paired. It will find your Vizio soundbar. Click the right model number and then pair.
- Once the device is connected, the LED indicators on the soundbar will stop flashing.
- Play the sound on your connected device and it will come through the soundbar. You can adjust the volume on both devices.
Connecting to WiFi
All Vizio soundbars do not support Wifi. However, some of them have this wireless connectivity option. You can connect your soundbar to Wifi and mobile app by the following method;
- Download the Vizio SmartCast app on your smartphone or tablet.
- Press the ‘Menu’ key on the remote, navigate through the displayed options using arrow keys. Press the ‘Play/Pause’ button to choose and enable the ‘Wifi Setup Mode’.
- The front LED will flash in a cycle indicating the soundbar is in pairing mode.
- Now, launch the Vizio app on your phone and click the ‘Devices Settings’ option.
- Tap ‘Add New Device’ and complete the process by following the on-screen instructions.
- In this way, you can connect your Vizio soundbar to the internet for live streaming. You can also use this app as a remote control for your soundbar.
Related: Connect a Vizio Soundbar To WiFi
So, here ends our guide will complete instructions. Whatever model of Vizio soundbar you own, you can consult this guide. It is an easy version of the user manual for you.
We have also included precautions and suggestions. You must read and follow them. Moreover, we have also explained the setup method.
In addition, the details about controls and connections can also be found in this article. Connection and pairing methods are also available here.
In short, this article is a comprehensive guide including all of the Vizio soundbar instructions.