Malfunctioning of Skullcandy’s right earbud is one of the common issues users face. If the right earbud stops working, it becomes difficult to establish a connection.
You cannot pair your earbuds to a Bluetooth device. Therefore, it is necessary to fix the problem. Generally, it happens due to temporary software glitches.
So, you can troubleshoot your device at home. This guide will mention some very useful hacks to apply to your Skullcandy earbuds.
1. Ensure Sufficient Power
One immediate reason your right earbud is not working is insufficient power. So, the first thing you should do is to charge your earbud properly.
Place the earbud in the charging case for 30 minutes or 1 hour. Make sure the case has enough battery. Otherwise, charge the case using the USB cable given to your device.
2. Clean Your Skullcandy
Another reason for not working issue is that the speaker is blocked due to dirt or debris. Hence, you need to clean your earbud.
Take a tiny toothbrush and rub it over the speaker holes. Blow gently to remove the trapped dirt. Another hack is to suck your right earbud.
It will remove the earwax that accumulates inside the earbud. Hopefully, it will make a difference. If not, apply the next solution.
3. Reset Your Skullcandy Earbuds
A reset is very helpful in solving a number of issues including the Skullcandy right earbud not working. There are two methods to reset the Skullcandy, try them one by one.
- Put both Skullcandy earbuds into the charging case.
- Go to Bluetooth settings on your phone (to which your earbuds are connected).
- Click your Skullcandy appearing in the list of paired devices.
- Next, remove the earbuds from the list by clicking the ‘Forget’ or ‘Disconnect’ option.
- Turn OFF Bluetooth on your phone, computer, smartwatch, or other nearby devices.
- Now, take out the left earbud from the case. Touch and hold the earbud or tap it four times until it flashes red. Put it back into the charging case.
- Now, take out the right earbud and repeat the same process with it.
- Forget your Skullcandy earbuds from your connected device and turn OFF Bluetooth.
- Touch and hold the button on the back of both earbuds for 6 seconds.
- Once both the earbuds are turned OFF and the LEDs also go off, reset the earbuds.
- Hold the back button on the left earbud for 10 seconds. Now, place it in the charging case.
- Hold the back button on the right earbud for 10 seconds and place it in the case.
- Take out both Skullcandy earbuds from the charging case when the LED lights on them turn red.
- They will enter into pairing mode when the LED on the left earbud flashed blue/red.
- Turn ON Bluetooth on the device to which you want to connect your earbuds.
- Follow the pairing instructions to connect them successfully.
4. Re-Pair Your Skullcandy Earbuds
Since you have reset your earbuds, you need to pair them again. The right earbud is programmed to initiate the connection automatically.
So, it is recommended to first take out the left earbud from the case and then the right one. Follow these steps to re-pair your earbuds;
- Simultaneously, remove both earbuds from the case and put them into your ears. It is necessary to pair them with each other.
- You should hear a beep sound confirming that both earbuds are paired together.
- Next, you will hear a voice prompt saying “your device is now pairing”. At this moment, you should turn ON the Bluetooth on your phone, tablet, or PC.
- Your earbuds will appear in the list of available devices on your phone screen. Tap it to connect with your device.
- Check whether both earbuds now work or not.
- Repeat the reset process again if it does not help on the first attempt.
5. Test Hardware
Minor issues in your earbuds can be solved by cleaning, charging, and resetting the device. However, if nothing works then you should care about the hardware.
It can be damaged due to harsh weather conditions. For example, if your earbuds are exposed to direct heat or sunlight for an extended period.
Similarly, water and moisture can also damage your device. Moreover, physical shocks can also result in defects. Either the battery has expired or the wiring of your earbuds is faulty.
You should consult a technician to get them repaired. However, if your Skullcandy earbuds are new and under warranty, contact Skullcandy.
The manufacturer can diagnose the real issue. Sometimes, the device comes with a manufacturing defect. Ask for a free-of-cost repair or replacement if the defect is built-in.
Generally, all electronic devices are vulnerable to minor problems. You cannot call a technician each time. Hence, you should learn to troubleshoot your devices at home.
I always try to bring quick and easy solutions for you. In this article, I have suggested a number of tricks.
They will help you a lot in fixing your Skullcandy right earbud not working. Stay connected to read further informative articles and product reviews.