Skullcandy Wireless earbuds are available in various models. The reset method of every model is slightly different.
This article is a complete guide and will tell you how to reset your Skullcandy wireless earbuds.
Skullcandy earbuds can be used for many purposes. You can listen to music and calls on these earbuds.
They also come in different styles and colors. So, Skullcandy offers you a wide range of earbuds.
When to Reset Your Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds?
Generally, you reset your Skullcandy earbuds while pairing them to a new device. You also reset them before pairing for the first time.
When your earbuds cannot connect to a Bluetooth device, do not receive audio signals, or cannot charge, reset them. Other issues can also be solved by resetting your earbuds.
The General Method to Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds
The reset method varies across different Skullcandy models because of the buttons. However, there is a general method that can be used to reset your Skullcandy earbuds.
- First of all, you need to un-pair your Skullcandy earbuds from a Bluetooth device like a phone, tablet, PC, or any other Bluetooth device.
- You can un-pair them simply by turning Off Bluetooth on your device. Next, remove your earbuds from the pairing list.
- Press the power button on your Skullcandy earbuds to turn it off.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Volume +’ and ‘Center/power’ buttons for 5 seconds.
- This will reset your earbuds and will also remove the Bluetooth pairing list.
1. Reset Skullcandy Jib Wireless Earbuds
Skullcandy Jib earbuds are very popular. They are ideal for listening to music as well as calls. You can reset them by the following method;
- First, un-pair your earbuds from your phone and forget from the pairing list.
- Next, remove your Jib earbuds from their charging case. Touch and hold the button on both earbuds for 4 seconds to turn them Off.
- The LED light will go Off when the earbuds are powered Off.
- Now, on both earbuds, touch and hold the button for 10 seconds.
- They will turn ON and OFF and will reset completely.
- Put the earbuds back in their case and take them out again when the LED lights are red.
- Once the earbuds power ON automatically and the LED flashes red/blue on the left earbud, they are ready to pair.
2. Reset Skullcandy Dime Wireless Earbuds
Skullcandy Dime does not have touch panel rather both earbuds have buttons. You can reset them by following these steps;
- Turn off Bluetooth on your connected device and remove your earbuds from the pairing list.
- Now, take out both Dime earbuds from their charging case. Wait for some moments and they will power ON automatically.
- Press the button two times and then hold it for two seconds. Do this to either of the two earbuds.
- Now, your earbuds are reset and will enter into the pairing mode. A voice prompt and LED indicator flashing red/blue on the left earbud will inform you.
- Now, your Skullcandy Dime wireless earbuds are ready to pair with a Bluetooth device.
3. Reset Skullcandy Indy Evo and Indy TM Earbuds
Skullcandy earbuds have a touch-sensitive panel with the logo on them. This panel is used to perform various functions based on touch and time.
Follow the steps given below to reset your Skullcandy Indy Evo;
- Un-pair and remove your Skullcandy Indy Evo earbuds from the pairing list on your phone or PC.
- Touch and hold both earbuds for 6 seconds to turn them off.
- To reset, touch and hold the logo for 10 seconds or until the earbuds turn ON and Off. The LED indicator will flash blue and red alternately.
4. Reset Skullcandy Sesh Evo Wireless Earbuds
Skullcandy Sesh earbuds have buttons on them. These buttons are used to power on/off and reset the earbuds. The reset method is given below;
- First of all, turn off Bluetooth on your phone, PC, or the device to which your earbuds are paired.
- Remove your Sesh earbuds from the pairing list of your device.
- Now, take out just the left earbud from its case.
- On your earbud, press the button 6 times. The LED indicator will flash red and the earbud will power off.
- This will reset your earbud. Now, put it back in its charging case.
After some seconds, take out both earbuds from the charging case. They will turn ON automatically and will start pairing.
- A beep sound confirms the pairing. Now, your earbuds are ready to be connected to a Bluetooth device.
5. Reset Skullcandy Push Ultra Wireless Earbuds
Skullcandy Push earbuds also have a touch panel. You can reset them by the following process;
- Un-pair your Skullcandy Push earbuds from the device to which they are connected. Also, remove the earbuds from the Bluetooth pairing list from your phone or PC.
- Now, take out both earbuds from their charging case.
- On both earbuds, touch and hold the button for 6 seconds to turn them off.
- Now, touch and hold the MFB button on both buds for 10 seconds.
- This will reset both earbuds.
- Next, put back both earbuds in their case. You can take them out when the LED on both earbuds flashes red.
- The LED flashing blue and red on the left earbud indicates that they are in pairing mode.
FAQs About Skullcandy Earbuds
You have learned to reset all of the Skullcandy earbuds. You may have further questions that are answered below;
Why is one of my Skullcandy earbuds not working?
If one of your Skullcandy earbuds is not working, reset them following the correct method mentioned in this guide. Moreover, make sure the malfunctioning earbud is charged properly. Place it in the charging case for 30 minutes and then check again.
How to fix my Skullcandy earbuds stopped charging?
First of all, try a reset to fix the charging issue. Then, clean the charging pins in the case and also clean the earbuds thoroughly. Be sure to place the earbuds correctly in the charging case. PLace the in-ear gels correctly on the acoustic port so that the earbuds can sit properly in the charging case.
What does blinking red light mean on Skullcandy earbuds?
A blinking red light indicates that the battery of your Skullcandy earbuds is dying. It tells that you have left with 30 minutes of playtime. The battery dies after 4-6 hours of continuous listening.
Related: Reset Skullcandy Wireless Headphones
Whenever you pair your Skullcandy wireless earbuds to a new Bluetooth device, you should reset them. You can also reset your earbuds if they are not performing well.
The reset process is very easy and quick. This article has told you how you can reset your Skullcandy wireless earbuds. We also told you the exact reset method for each different model.