If you are want to learn how to reset your Skullcandy wireless headphones, this article is a complete guide for you.
Skullcandy headphones come in various models such as Skullcandy Crusher, Riff, Hesh, Uproar, and Cassette. Each model has further versions.
All these variants differ in color, size, performance, and purpose of use. While some are the improved versions of an older model.
The reset method for all Skullcandy wireless headphones is almost alike. But, it may differ slightly depending on specific buttons.
This article will guide you through the reset process. We will also tell you that when and why you need to reset your wireless headphones.
Reset Skullcandy Wireless Headphones
You can reset your Skullcandy headphones in two ways. One method clears the Bluetooth pairing information while the other restores factory settings on your device.
The Quick Reset Method
This method resets your headphones quickly. It clears the Bluetooth pairing list on your headphones. So, they become ready to pair with another device.
Follow these instructions to quickly reset your Skullcandy wireless headphones;
- Press and hold the power button on your headphones for 5 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED indicator flashes red and blue.
- If the quick reset method does not solve the issue then perform a factory reset.
Factory Reset Method
To factory reset your headphones, follow the next given steps.
Step 1: Disconnect Your Skullcandy Headphones
First of all, you need to un-pair your Skullcandy headphones from the Bluetooth device to which they are connected.
For example, you may have paired your headphones to an Android phone, iPhone, tablet, PC, or laptop.
- Go to “Bluetooth Settings” on the connected device. Click on the ‘info-i’ or ‘more+’ button next to your headphones name.
- From the options, select “Forget/disconnect this Device”. Now, your device is no longer paired with your headphones.
Step 2: Reset Your Skullcandy Headphones
- Power off your headphones by pressing the power button.
- Locate the volume buttons, generally, the right earcup of your Skullcandy headphones have volume buttons.
- Press and hold the ‘Volume UP’ and ‘Volume Down’ buttons at the same time at least for 10 seconds.
- Keep an eye on the LED indicator. Release the buttons when the two LED indicators flash yellow for 3 seconds. This means your headphones have been reset.
Related: Reset Skullcandy Wireless Earbuds
Why and When to Reset Your Skullcandy Headphones?
Bluetooth wireless headphones can create problems at times. For example, the headphones cannot connect, charge, or receive audio signals.
All these issues can be solved by resetting your headphones. Most of the time, these issues are caused by a software bug.
If you perform a reset on your headphones, the malware can be removed. So, whatever issue you face on your headphones, can be solved by resetting them.
Before trying a hardware fix, it is necessary to perform a reset. Moreover, there are some other conditions that require a reset.
For example, if your Skullcandy wireless headphones are;
- Unable to connect to smartphone or PC.
- Cannot turn OFF or ON.
- Cannot charge fully, do not show charging status, battery drains out early.
- Disconnect frequently from the paired Bluetooth device.
- Your smartphone, PC, laptop cannot find your headphones.
- Bluetooth pairing mode cannot be turned on your headphones.
- Audio is delayed or distorted.
Although these issues can be caused by a hardware defect yet a reset works in most cases. So, you can save your money and time by resetting your device.
Hence, this guide has told you two methods to reset your Skullcandy Wireless Headphones. These methods work for all models and versions.