If you are finding the right method to connect your Sony headphones to Mac, you have come to the right place.
It has Bluetooth functionality. So, you can easily connect it with your headphones to listen to music.
Sony headphones can be connected to two Bluetooth devices simultaneously. For example, you can pair them with your phone and computer.
This article is specifically telling you the process of connecting Sony headphones to Mac.
Table of Contents
Some Preliminary Checks
Before connecting Sony headphones to Mac, make sure;
- Your Mac supports Bluetooth, look for the Bluetooth icon on the screen. You can also find Bluetooth in the menu>System preferences.
- Your Sony headphones are compatible with iOS devices.
- The battery of your headphones is fully charged and Mac is also charged.
- Your Mac and Sony headphones are not paired to some other Bluetooth device.
- Both devices are placed in close vicinity to each other.
Step 1: Turn On and Reset Your Sony Headphones
If your Sony headphones are new, you can connect them straight to your Mac. But, if you have connected them to some other Bluetooth devices then reset them.
Reset is necessary to disconnect and forget the already paired devices. If the headphones are already paired to any device, they will not connect to your Mac.
Follow these instructions to start the process;
- On your Sony headphones, press and hold the power button for 2 seconds.
- Release the button when you hear the confirmation tone or voice prompt saying ‘Power On’. At this point, the LED light blinks red. It indicates that your headphones have been powered on.
- To forget the Bluetooth pairing list on your headphones, you need to reset them.
- Connect the USB charging cable to your Sony headphones and turn on the power supply.
- Now, press the ‘Power’ and ‘NC/Ambient’ button at the same time.
This will reset your Sony headphones and they are now ready to connect with Mac. Unplug the charging cable if your headphones are charged.
Step 2: Turn on Bluetooth Pairing Mode on Your Sony Headphones
Now, you have turned on and reset your Sony headphones. If you have purchased them just now and taken them out of the box for the first time, there is no need to reset them, just power on your headphones.
- The next step is to put the headphones into pairing mode. This can be done by the following method;
- On your Sony headphones, press and hold the power button for 7 seconds.
- Release the button when you hear a voice prompt and the LED indicator flashes red and blue alternately.
- Now, your headphones are in Bluetooth pairing mode. They can be discovered by other Bluetooth devices.
- But, after five minutes the Bluetooth will be turned off automatically. So, connect them with your Mac within five minutes.
Related: Connect Sony Headphones To Android
Step 3: Turn On Bluetooth on Your Mac and Connect with Sony
Now, you need to turn on Bluetooth on your Mac. Follow these guidelines;
- On your Mac screen, tap the Apple icon located at the top left corner. It will show you a menu with various options.
- Click on “System Preferences” and then Bluetooth.
- A popup window will appear on your Mac screen showing the Bluetooth menu. Click the tab saying “Turn Bluetooth on”.
- Your Mac screen will scan for available devices and will show your Sony headphones in the list.
- Tap your headphones name and press the “Connect” button.
- In a few moments, your Sony headphones will be connected to your Mac.
- Play music or any audio file on your Mac, if the sound comes from Sony, both devices have been connected successfully.
Connect Your Sony Headphones to Mac: Shortcut Method
There is another way of connecting your Sony headphones to Mac. This is a shortcut method allowing quick access.
- First, click the ‘Apple’ icon and go to ‘System Preferences’.
- Select ‘Bluetooth’ and a popup window will appear. Check the box saying ‘Show Bluetooth in menu bar’. You need to do this only once.
- Now, you will see the Bluetooth icon on the top menu bar of your Mac. Next time, you can turn on/off and connect headphones from here.
- Just click the Bluetooth icon showing on your Mac screen. Turn on Bluetooth and tap your headphones’ name.
- Choose the ‘Connect’ option to pair both devices. From here you can also open the system preferences and Bluetooth settings.
How to Un-pair Your Sony Headphones and Mac
Once, both devices are paired, they will connect automatically when you turn on your headphones. Because the headphones remember the device.
But, for this, your Mac should also be powered on and Bluetooth is enabled on it.
If you want to connect your Sony headphones to another Bluetooth device, you need to disconnect them from Mac. There are two methods of un-pairing both devices.
The first method is to reset your Sony headphones to clear the pairing list. The second method is to forget the device on your Mac.
- Go to ‘System preferences’ on your Mac and select ‘Bluetooth’.
- Your Sony headphones will be shown in the list of paired devices. Click the ‘X’ sign next to the name of your headphones. It will disconnect both devices.
- To remove your Sony headphones permanently from Mac, click on ‘Remove’ and proceed.
Related: Connect Sony Headphones To iPhone
To avoid any technical issue, place both devices closer to each other (within 30 feet). You may face any problem while connecting your Sony headphones to Mac.
For example, headphones are not showing on Mac, disconnecting frequently, or unable to connect. To solve all these problems, simply restart and reset your headphones.
Also, make sure there is no electronic device placed near your devices. It may interfere while pairing.
We hope, you liked this article. It has guided you that how you connect your Sony headphones to your Mac. Stay connected with us for more informative articles.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site. Read more about me