Commonly, when you direct the sound to Bluetooth speakers, the computer speakers become silent. Sometimes, you want to play a booming audio or you want to listen to the sound at two different places. Playing the sound simultaneously on Bluetooth and computer speakers doubles the audio effect. You can place the speakers close to your computer for enhancing the audio. However, you can also set the Bluetooth speaker in another room. So, multiple people can enjoy the same music at different places.
In this article, we will guide you that how can you play sound simultaneously and perfectly on Bluetooth speakers and computer speakers. The process slightly differs across various windows versions and computers. We will provide you complete guidance. So, let’s start.
Make Bluetooth & Computer Speakers Play Simultaneously on Windows 7, 8.1 and 10
You can perform this function very easily on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10. You need to change the window sound settings. Follow these simple steps to play the sound simultaneously on your computer and Bluetooth speaker.
- First of all, turn on your computer speakers.
- Next, connect your Bluetooth speakers to your computer. You can connect through Bluetooth on the computer. The other way to connect is by using a third-party device.
- Go to the taskbar on your computer and right-click on the volume icon. If there is no volume icon on your taskbar then open the control panel to go to sound settings.
- It will show you different options.
- Click on ‘Sounds’ and it will open a window. Now, click on the ‘Playback’ tab. It will show your Bluetooth speakers.
- Right-click on the speakers and select them as default speakers. Click the ‘Ok’ button to save the settings.
- Now, open the next tab ‘recording’. It will show the option ‘microphone or stereo mix’.
- Click on microphone properties and a new window will popup.
- Now, open the tab ‘Listen’ and checkmark the box saying “Listen to this device”.
- A drop-down menu will appear next. It will show you all the speakers that are connected to your computer.
Select your Bluetooth speaker and apply the settings.
You have successfully connected your Bluetooth and computer speakers to play the sound simultaneously.
Make Bluetooth Speakers & Computer Speakers Play Simultaneously on Mac PC
The above-described solution works for windows 7, 8.1, and 10. However, the process is a bit different on Mac PC. Let us understand the whole process step by step.
- First of all, connect the Bluetooth speakers with your Mac PC.
- Open the ‘Utilities’ on your Mac and go to ‘Audio MIDI setup’.
- At the bottom of the screen, the + sign will appear, click on it.
- Now, select the option ‘Create Multi-Output Device.
- The left panel shows the option ‘Multi-Output Device’, click on it. It will open a menu.
- Select the option “Use this device for sound output”. This statement will appear in front of the audio devices you have connected with your Mac.
- You will see a list of devices on the right panel. You can select multiple devices just by check-marking the box in front of them.
- Click on the “Master Device”. Then click on the “Drift Connection” and “Slave Device”.
- Now, open the “System Preference”. It will show the ‘Sound’ option.
- When you click on the sound option, you see the “Output” tab. Click on the output tab and choose “Multi-Output Device”.
You have completed the setup process. Now, the audio will be played simultaneously on your Mac computer and Bluetooth speaker.
Related: Best Bluetooth Speakers Under $500
Make Bluetooth & Computer Speakers Play Simultaneously Using Audio Mixer Apps
You can play the audio simultaneously on the computer and Bluetooth speaker. But, the audio may be played with a delay. Another problem is volume control. You cannot control the volume of both devices individually. When you adjust the volume on the computer, the command automatically runs on the Bluetooth speaker.
So, both these issues can be solved using an audio mixer or a Voicemeeter. There are many other apps that can play the audio simultaneously on your computer and Bluetooth speaker. For example, CheVolume and Audio Router.
The audio mixer apps allow individual volume control on both devices. You can download this app on your computer. It detects the various audio devices connected to your computer.
We recommend using the ‘Voicemeeter” app. It is free to download on Windows or Mac. In addition to Bluetooth speakers, you can also play audio on several other devices simultaneously.
This app removes the issue of audio lag. You can connect any audio device to your PC. It also makes volume control easy.
Make Bluetooth & Computer Speakers Play Simultaneously Using A Bluetooth Adapter
Bluetooth adapters are good options if you do not want to change the settings. This is a very easy solution. You just need to plug a Bluetooth speaker into the USB port of your computer. Now, connect your speakers, headphones, or Bluetooth speaker to the adapter.
Another option is audio splitters. They work for wired speakers. You plug in and play. The audio splitters are plugged into your computer. You connect the speakers and other audio devices to the audio splitter. It transmits audio smoothly on attached devices. You do not face any lag issues.
Playing Simultaneously Using A Wired Connection
The computer speakers are different from Bluetooth speakers. The computer has built-in speakers that play audio smoothly. Generally, you connect wired external speakers to your computer. But, Bluetooth speakers connect wirelessly.
Some Bluetooth speakers come with an audio-out jack. You can connect them to your PC or computer using a cable. If you are planning to buy a new Bluetooth speaker, you should select one having an audio-out jack.
You do not need any settings and applications in a wired connection. The audio flows smoothly to your Bluetooth speaker. You do not feel any lag and listen to a perfectly harmonized sound.
How to Solve the Issue of Audio Lag
Sometimes, you may face audio lag or delay while playing the sound simultaneously on the computer and Bluetooth speakers. This is not a big issue if your computer and Bluetooth speakers are playing in different rooms.
But, if you play them simultaneously to enhance the audio effect then you need to find a solution. If the sound is not harmonized, it ruins your listening experience.
But, do not worry. We have brought some easy solutions for you.
- The primary solution is to connect your Bluetooth speakers to your computer using a cable. But, the condition is that your Bluetooth speaker has an audio-out-jack.
- A wired connection with a Bluetooth speaker is feasible when you place the devices side by side. However, if you want to play the sound in different rooms then a wired connection is not possible. So, the audio mixer apps work in this situation. It solves the issue of audio delay and volume control.
- As described above, the Bluetooth adapter or audio splitter also works. They can solve the issue of audio lag and volume adjustment.
Related: Best Computer Speakers
So, we have proposed five ways of playing audio simultaneously on your computer and Bluetooth speaker. These solutions also work with other audio devices such as headphones or wired speakers. We also suggested you a solution for the issue of audio lag. We hope this guide will help you a lot.