JBL is a popular brand in the acoustic industry. Their headphones are great in terms of quality and performance. Different models of JBL Headphones have been launched. Today we will fix your JBL Headphones if they are not turning ON.
Like other headphones, JBL also has control buttons on them. You can easily turn on your JBL headphones by pressing the power button.
But, sometimes the headphones cannot be turned on, no matter how much effort you put. This problem really troubles you. There are different reasons behind this issue such as poor charging, defective power button, software glitches, or an expired battery.
This article lists all the solutions to fix your JBL headphones that are not turning on. Let us try these tips and tricks.
1. Charge the Battery Fully
If your JBL headphones are not turning on, charge their battery fully. Maybe it is not properly charged or drained out. Leave the headphones plugged in and give it some time to charge.
Another possibility is that the charging cable or adapter is faulty. Apparently, the battery is charging but actually, it cannot charge.
In this case, you should check the performance of your JBL headphones charging accessories. Use some other charging cable and power adapter.
2. Troubleshoot Your JBL Headphones
When your JBL Headphones are fully charged and you remove those from the power supply, they do not turn on immediately. So, you should try turning them on after a few minutes.
Another troubleshooting method is given here;
- Press and hold the power button for a few seconds.
- Now, press the power button 3 times simultaneously.
- Again long-press the power key until the LED indicator comes on.
- Now, your JBL headphones are turned on and will function normally.
3. Reset Your JBL Headphones
If still your JBL headphones are not turning on then reset them. This problem may be caused by some software bug. Resetting the headphones will remove any bug and your device will turn on.
On your JBL headphones, press and hold the ‘volume +’ and ‘volume_’ buttons until the headphones turn on. If it does not work then repeat the process 3 to 5 times.
This method will force restart your device. Afterward, it will be able to function normally.
Related: JBL Headphones Not Charging Solution
4. Work with the Buttons
One of the major reasons is that the power button is not working. Check it carefully if it feels loose or can be pressed firmly. Disassemble your JBL Headphones to inspect the power button.
Follow the instructions given below;
- Locate the power button on your JBL headphones. It is usually present on the left earcup.
- Remove the ear cushions of the earcup on which the power button is located. They are wrapped around the earcup. So, you do not need any tools and can easily remove them by hand.
- It will expose 3 screws, open them using a screwdriver. The earcup will disassemble revealing the internal components.
- Press the button and on its internal side, put a drop of WD-40.
- Now, reassemble the earcup by tightening back the screws and put the ear cushion back too.
This trick will fix the loose or unresponsive power button of your JBL headphones. Leave it for a few minutes and try turning it on again.
5. A Faulty Battery
One of these solutions will surely fix your JBL headphones which are not turning on. However, if they fail then, most probably, the battery of your headphones is faulty.
You need to replace the battery. But, do not forget to seek a technician’s assistance. Maybe there is a defect in the motherboard.
An expert can find the real problem. In case, the battery is faulty, you should contact JBL customer support. If your headphones are under warranty, ask for a replacement or refund.
Related: Fix JBL Headphones Not Turning OFF
Read Final Thoughts
This article has told you the best solutions to fix your JBL headphones that are not turning on. We have told you all the software fixes as well as some hardware tricks.
Hopefully, till now, they are turned on and you are enjoying music. But, if these solutions fail then you must consult a professional to find out the real issue.