JBL headphones are very popular. They come in different models. There are JBL headsets and noise-canceling headphones also. Their sound quality and overall performance are great.
Some JBL users complain that the headphones cannot turn off sometimes. It can happen seldom or frequently. This issue also occurs with other devices like laptops, PCs, or some other devices.
This article lists the reasons for the JBL not turning OFF issue. It will also tell you the best solutions to fix your JBL headphones that are not turning off.
1. Properly Disconnect Your JBL Headphones
One reason for this problem is that some programs are running in the background that stop your JBL headphones from turning OFF.
Maybe it is connected to some device and music is still playing on it. So, you should close all the programs and disconnect the devices before turning off your JBL headphones.
Also, try removing the JBL app from your phone. It might be interfering with your headphones hence they cannot turn off.
Another thing is the aux audio cable, unplug it from your headphones. Now, try turning them off.
2. Reset Your JBL Headphones
If your JBL headphones are not turning off, consider resetting them. This will remove the software bugs. Your device will refresh and will be released from any stubborn condition.
Follow the instructions given below to reset your JBL headphones;
- On your JBL Headphones, long-press the “Volume+ and Volume minus” buttons at the same time. Hold these buttons until the headphones are turned off.
- Now, connect your headphones to the power supply for charging.
- After some moments, unplug the headphones.
This trick is very effective and will fix your JBL headphones. Hopefully, now, they can shut down normally. If not then follow the next step.
But, you will need to pair them again with all the devices. Because after factory reset your JBL headphones have forgotten all the settings.
3. Connect to a PC
There is another useful hack to fix the issue. Here is how to do it:
- After you have performed the factory reset, the headphones will automatically enter the pairing mode.
- When the blue LED indicator flashes, plug the headphones into the USB port of your PC using a cable.
- Then, press the power button and your JBL will turn OFF.
4. The Power Cycle Hack
There are various other methods to fix your malfuncitoning JBL headphones. Try the following hacks:
- After resetting the headphones, connect them to a power outlet when they are turned ON.
- Unplug the device after 3 seconds. The headphones will turn OFF automatically, if not, press the power button.
- Long-press the power button for 6o seconds to force shut down the device.
- Press the power button 3-5 times in a sequence and repeatedly.
5. Drain the Battery
I found another effective hack that works 100% in most cases. Use your headphones until the battery is drained out completely.
Once, the battery power has finished, they will turn OFF. Now, charge your JBL again to 100% and turn the device ON.
Related: JBL Headphones Not Charging Solution
So, these are two methods to fix your JBL headphones that are not turning off. These solutions worked in almost all cases. It is very rare that still, your JBL headphones are still not turning OFF. In this case, you must contact the manufacturer.
Your headphones have some hardware defects. If they have exceeded the warranty then you can contact a headphone expert. He can help to fix your JBL headphones.