A lot of users are complaining that their Jabra Elite 75t and 85t earbuds are posing charging issues. The earbuds fail to charge when placed in their charging case.
You place both the earbuds in the case and close the lid, they start charging. However, in the current problematic situation, it does not happen. Some users say that the Jabra app shows 100% battery but the buds have no power.
This is a really frustrating problem and needs a quick fix. This guide will help you troubleshoot your annoying Jabra Elite earbuds. I will elaborate on some quick and easy tricks. So, let us start.
Solution#1. Reset the Earbuds
One of the most effective tricks is to reset your Jabra Elite earbuds in the charging case. The manufacturer recommends a factory reset.
It will remove pairing information but will fix the issue. The factory reset method is the same both for Jabra Elite 75t and 85t.
- Put both buds in their charging case and close the lid.
- Next, connect the case to a power source using the provided charger and cable.
- Let it charge for 2-3 hours without any interruptions.
- Open the case lid once it is fully charged and take both earbuds out.
- Now, put the earbuds back in the case and they should flash red.
- Connect the case again to the power source while the lid is open.
- Within 5 seconds, the battery LED near the port will light up. At this point, close the lid.
- Now, leave the buds inside the case and let it charge for an additional 2 hours.
- This will reset your device along with resolving the charging problem.
Solution#2. Clean the Device
The charging problem may happen due to dirty contact points. So, use a soft cloth to clean the device. First, clean the earbuds and their contact points.
Next, clean the charging case, earbuds seats, and ports. Be very gentle while cleaning your device so that you may not harm any of the components.
Solution#3. Follow the Charging Recommendations
If you don’t follow the recommendations properly, the device will fail to charge. Be sure to check the following things:
- Use the original USB cable provided with your Jabra Elite.
- Avoid using third-party, incompatible, or cheap cables for charging your device.
- Also, use the original adapter or a 5v+-0.25v.
- Do not use a high-voltage adapter or power supply, this practice can damage your device permanently.
- Plug the charging case into a standard power outlet. Avoid plugging it into an extension that is connected to heavy appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, dryers, etc.
Solution#4. Connect to A Different Power Supply
The power outlet may be defective. Therefore, your device cannot charge. So, plug the case into a different wall power outlet. Check whether the outlet is working or not by connecting another device to it.
If you are charging through your computer, make sure it is not in sleep mode. Connect to a different USB port on your PC. It is better to charge your Jabra Elite directly via an electric outlet.
Moreover, connect the adapter directly to an outlet instead of using an extension. By checking all these things, you can resolve the problem in minutes.
Solution#5. Prevent Overheating
Overheating can also stop the charging. It happens when you use the earbuds continuously for long hours. The buds get too hot to work normally.
A built-in protective mechanism shuts down the charging. Hence, leave the buds for some time so that they can cool down. Also, protect them from direct sunlight or heat.
These small electronic devices are designed to work efficiently within 0-45 degree centigrade. Any increase and decrease in temperature can lead to functioning problems. Thus, you have to keep in mind the environmental changes.
Solution#6. Update Your Jabra Elite Earbuds
This step is very useful to fix a number of issues. There may be some software glitch that is preventing the charging. Hence, you should try a firmware update as follows:
- Download the “Jabra Sound+” app on your phone and connect the earbuds.
- Open the app and click the “Settings” icon that can be found in the upper right corner.
- Navigate to the “Headset Firmware” tab.
- Look for the latest update and install.
- Follow the on-screen instructions correctly to successfully update the firmware.
Solution#7. Contact Jabra for Technical Assistance
The above-mentioned solutions fixed the charging problem of many Jabra users. However, sometimes the fault is internal or built-in.
In such a case, it is recommended to contact the Jabra Support team for technical support. Send the earbuds for repair or replacement if the warranty period is liable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the following queries commonly asked by the users. You will get more information about your Jabra Elite earbuds.
Can I leave the earbuds in the charging case while it is charging?
While your case is charging, you can safely leave the buds inside. They will also charge with the case. Because the case serves the purpose of powering up your buds. Moreover, you can remove the buds and let the case charge alone.
What does a blinking red light indicate on the Jabra Elite charging case?
A blinking red LED means that the case battery is low and it needs to be charged. However, if the red light blinks after a firmware update, it means the update is not successful. So, you should try again and connect the case to the power source.
What is the battery life of Jabra Elite 75t and 85t earbuds?
The earbuds can play up to 7.5 hours once fully charged. While the charging case gives you a 28-hour battery life. It means you can charge the buds multiple times.
I hope you have correctly followed this guide. I am sure, now, your Jabra Elite 75t and 85t earbuds are charging in their case. Stay connected with us for more updates and informative articles. Convey your queries and suggestions through the comment box.