Sennheiser headphones are one of the best wireless audio devices. These headphones or headsets feature the latest Bluetooth technology.
They can be paired up with any Bluetooth device. They make a reliable and stable connection. So today we will show you how you can pair Sennheiser Headphones to iPhone, iPad, Phone, Mac, Laptop, PC, TV.
They also allow you to make and receive calls. Sennheiser headphones offer dual connectivity. You can pair them with two devices simultaneously such as a computer and phone. So, you can listen to music as well as calls.
Some Sennheiser headphones also come with NFC pairing technology. This allows you to make connections with nearby devices. So, pairing becomes easier.
The Sennheiser headphones have various models based on features. Because they are wireless, you can pair them with a number of devices.
This article is a complete guide. It will tell you the detailed process of pairing the Sennheiser headphones to iPhone, iPad, phone, Mac, laptop, PC, and TV.
Pairing Sennheiser Headphones: NFC OR Bluetooth?
Many of the Sennheiser headphones are equipped with dual pairing technology; Bluetooth and NFC. So, you can pair them with a device through either method.
Almost all smart devices come with built-in Bluetooth technology. But, NFC is available only on few devices. It is preferable to connect your Sennheiser headphones through Bluetooth.
Because this connection has a wide bandwidth range and is reliable enough. While NFC needs to put both devices next to each other.
Nevertheless, NFC is very useful in crowded places. Because many devices are available at such a place and you can connect to some other device mistakenly.
So, the narrow bandwidth range of NFC pairing makes your connection secure. In addition, it is also very stable due to the shorter distance between both devices.
How to Put Sennheiser Headphones into Pairing Mode
All the models of Sennheiser headphones, headsets, and earphones have a similar pairing method. This article will tell you the methods of pairing your Sennheiser headphones both via NFC and Bluetooth.
However, our special focus is on Bluetooth pairing. Let us understand the general method of putting your Sennheiser headphones into pairing mode. Then, we will discuss the pairing method with respect to each device.
Putting Your Sennheiser Headphones into Pairing Mode: Bluetooth
No matter, to whatever device you are pairing your Sennheiser headphones, they can be put into pairing mode by the following method;
- Find the power button that is generally located on the right earcup of the Sennheiser headphones.
- Press and hold the power button for 3 seconds. Release when the headphones say “Power ON” and the LED indicator blinks blue.
- Now, your Sennheiser headphones are powered on.
- Press and hold the power button again for 5 seconds until the LED flashed blue and red.
- It indicates that your Sennheiser headphones are in pairing mode and are discoverable by any Bluetooth device.
Before connecting to a Bluetooth device, make sure that the battery of your Sennheiser headphones is charged. Otherwise, it will not turn on.
Putting Sennheiser Headphones into Pairing Mode: NFC
You can pair your Sennheiser headphones to a device that has NFC technology. The pairing method is very simple.
- On your Sennheiser headphones, press the power button for 3 seconds.
- The device will give an audible sound “power on” and the LED indicator will flash blue.
- By simply turning on your headphones, you can put them in NFC pairing mode.
- Now, go to settings on the device (say; an Android phone) you want to pair with your Sennheiser headphones.
- Open “More Settings” and scroll down to find “S-beam” and “NFC”. Turn them on and put your device closer to the NFC chip on your headphones.
- After a few moments, both devices will pair up through NFC technology.
With a few differences, the same method applies to all NFC devices. You just need to locate and turn on the NFC option in your respective device.
1. Pair Sennheiser Headphones to iPhone and iPad
The settings and menu of the iPhone and iPad are similar. So, the same method applies to both devices. You can pair your Sennheiser headphones to an iPhone or iPad by the following steps.
- Power on your Sennheiser headphones and put them into pairing mode. Press the power button for 5 seconds and release it when LED blinks blue and red.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone or iPad. Next, navigate to Bluetooth settings.
- Turn the Bluetooth ON, it will start searching the nearby devices.
- Click on the model name of your Sennheiser headphones appearing in the list on your iPhone or iPad screen.
- After a few seconds, the headphones will give a confirmation sound saying “connected”.
- Now, your Sennheiser headphones are paired with your iPhone or iPad and ready to use. You can play make and receive calls through your headphones.
- Go a step further to play music on your Sennheiser headphones.
- On the screen of your iPhone or iPad, locate the Airplay icon. Tap this icon to launch the music play app.
- Now, select any song, it will be directed to your Sennheiser headphones.
- Now, you can perform dual functions on your Sennheiser headphones; makes calls and play music.
2. Pair Sennheiser Headphones to a Phone
Sennheiser headphones can be paired with a smartphone or Android phone. They allow you to play music on your phone along with making calls. The method is very simple;
- Turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode on your Sennheiser headphones by pressing the power button for 5 seconds.
- Click the gear icon on your phone screen to open the settings.
- Choose the “Bluetooth settings”. Turn the Bluetooth ON.
- It will scan the devices and will show you a list of nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Select your Sennheiser headphones carefully. You should know the model number of your Sennheiser headphones.
- Wait a while until the phone pairs with your Sennheiser headphones.
3. Pair Sennheiser Headphones to Mac
You can connect your Sennheiser headphones to a Mac computer. Either it is the iMac, Mac OS, or Macbook, the process is the same. So, let us connect both devices;
- Go to your Mac screen. Tap the Apple icon located on the top left of the screen.
- Next, choose the option “System Preferences” and then tap the “Bluetooth” icon. It will show you a Bluetooth menu.
- Now, turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode on your Sennheiser headphones.
- Next, turn Bluetooth ON by pressing the button present at the left side of the popup window on your Mac screen.
- Your Sennheiser headphones will appear in the list of Bluetooth devices on the Mac screen.
- Click the “Connect” button next to your Sennheiser headphones name.
- Immediately, both devices will connect. Play any media on your Mac and the sound will come through your Sennheiser headphones.
4. Pair Sennheiser Headphones to a Laptop
The pairing process of Sennheiser headphones to every laptop is similar. Follow the guidelines given below;
- Click the Window icon on the left bottom of your laptop screen.
- Go to “All Settings” and then click on “Devices”.
- Next, choose the option “Bluetooth and other devices”.
- Turn on Bluetooth and click on “Add Bluetooth or another device”.
- It will open another menu, just choose “Bluetooth”.
- Now, put your Sennheiser headphones into pairing mode.
- Your laptop will discover it in a few moments. Tap the name of your Sennheiser headphones.
- Wait for connection success. Check the pairing by playing any audio file on your laptop, the audio should come through the headphones.
5. Pair Sennheiser Headphones to a PC
A PC also has the same menu as a laptop. If you want to pair your Sennheiser headphones to your PC, make sure the PC has built-in Bluetooth.
If it has then you can connect it to your Sennheiser headphones. Follow the same steps as you followed to pair with a laptop. The whole process is given step by step in the above heading.
If your PC does not have a built-in Bluetooth functionality then you cannot pair it directly to your Sennheiser headphones. A smart desktop PC is equipped with Bluetooth but the older versions may not have.
For this purpose, you need a Bluetooth dongle or Adapter. It is a tiny USB device and is available in various versions. It is better to use a Bluetooth 5.0 adapter as it makes a reliable connection.
You can also use Bluetooth 4.0. Follow these steps to pair your Sennheiser headphones to a PC with no built-in Bluetooth;
- Plug the Bluetooth Adapter into the USB port of your PC.
- The PC will recognize the adapter immediately. You will see the Bluetooth icon on the bottom right corner of the PC screen.
- Click this icon to open the Bluetooth menu. Next, choose the option “Add a Bluetooth device”.
- Make sure that at this point your Sennheiser headphones are in Bluetooth pairing mode.
- The PC will start searching the nearby Bluetooth devices and will show your Sennheiser headphones.
- Choose your headphones and tap the ‘connect’ button. Both devices will pair successfully in a few seconds.
As long as you keep the Bluetooth adapter plugged in your PC, the headphones will stay connected. Removing the Bluetooth adapter will disconnect your Sennheiser headphones.
Related: How To Pair JBL Headphones
6. Pair Sennheiser Headphones to a TV
Some smart TVs have a built-in Bluetooth option. So, you can pair them with your Sennheiser headphones very easily. But, some TVs do not have a Bluetooth option and need other methods to connect to your Sennheiser headphones.
For example, a Bluetooth transmitter, some app, or a wired connection. There are specific headphones also that are designed to connect only to a TV.
They are wireless headphones and not Bluetooth. This article will tell you all the possible methods to pair your Sennheiser headphones to a TV.
Pairing the Sennheiser headphones to A TV with Built-in Bluetooth
- Charge the battery of your Sennheiser headphones fully. Turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode by holding the power button for 5 seconds.
- Now, go to settings and then to Bluetooth settings on your TV screen.
- Turn Bluetooth ON and click on “Add a Bluetooth device”. Some TVs show you another option “Add an accessory”. This is also used to add an audio device like headphones.
- Your Sennheiser headphones will pair with your TV.
Pairing the Sennheiser headphones to A TV: Wired Connection
If your Sennheiser headphones have a wired connectivity option, you can connect them readily to your TV.
- Look around your TV and find out the headphones port. It has the label “H/P”.
- Alternatively, your TV may have an audio jack.
- Plug the 3.5mm Aux cable into this port of your TV and that’s all.
Pairing the Sennheiser headphones to A TV with A Bluetooth Transmitter
Bluetooth transmitters are inexpensive. They serve as the connector between your TV and audio device. A Bluetooth transmitter not only allows you to pair Sennheiser headphones but also other Bluetooth devices.
Another advantage of a Bluetooth transmitter or adapter is that it can pair two Bluetooth devices with your TV. So, let us understand the pairing process;
- Connect the Bluetooth transmitter to an electric wall power outlet.
- Now, plug its 3.5mm Aux cable into the relevant port on your TV.
- As soon as you turn on the Bluetooth pairing mode on your Sennheiser headphones, the transmitter will connect automatically.
- It will carry audio from your TV and will direct it to your Sennheiser headphones.
How to Disconnect Your Sennheiser Headphones from A Paired Bluetooth Device
Sometimes, you no longer want to keep your Sennheiser headphones paired to a particular Bluetooth device. You may want to pair it to some other device.
So, it is necessary to disconnect it from the already paired device. If you power off your Sennheiser headphones, they will disconnect from the paired Bluetooth device.
Turning the headphones again will automatically connect them with a paired Bluetooth device. Turning the Bluetooth OFF on the paired device will also disconnect the headphones.
However, there is another method to permanently disconnect your Sennheiser headphones from a paired device. If you reset your Sennheiser headphones to default factory settings, they will forget all the paired devices.
Follow the steps given below;
- Power ON your Sennheiser headphones.
- Next, press and hold the power button for 5 seconds. Release when the LED indicator flashed blue and red.
- Now, press and hold the power button and the multi-function button at the same time.
- The LED indicator will flash purple 3 times.
- Now, your headphones have restored factory settings on them. It will disconnect from all the paired Bluetooth devices.
To again pair it with any device, follow the methods mentioned in this article.
Read Final Thoughts
We hope, you have enjoyed this article. It has told you methods of pairing your Sennheiser headphones to various devices.
We have learned how to pair your Sennheiser headphones to iPhone, to iPad, to Phone, to Mac, to Laptop, to PC, and to TV.
Before connecting to any device, make sure that the battery of your Sennheiser headphones is fully charged. Moreover, do not forget to put your Sennheiser headphones into pairing mode while connecting to any device.
Hopefully, this guide would help you pair your Sennheiser Headphones to iPhone, iPad, Phone, Mac, Laptop, PC, TV, etc. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any queries. Inform us about your technical issues and we will come with the best working solutions. Stay connected, stay blessed.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site.