You can connect Bose earbuds to various Bluetooth devices if you know the exact pairing method. This article is a complete guide and will teach you how to connect your Bose earbuds to iPhone, Android, PC, and Mac.
Bose has launched many versions and models of earbuds. For example, the most popular wireless earbuds from Bose are QuietComfort and SoundSport which are available in further versions.
The method of connecting each model differs slightly. However, we will tell you the right pairing method for each of these models.
How to Connect Bose QuietComfort Earbuds
To connect your QuietComfort earbuds to a Bluetooth device, you need to turn on Bluetooth mode first. Learn this process and then connect your earbuds to any device;
- First of all, turn ON your Bose earbuds. Press the power button on the front of the charging case with your fingertip.
- Now, open the charging case and the earbuds will power ON. Their status light will start glowing.
- Locate the Bluetooth button in the charging case of your Bose QuietComfort earbuds.
- While the earbuds are in the case, press and hold the Bluetooth button for a few seconds.
- Release the button when the voice prompt confirms “Ready to connect” and the status indicator flashes blue.
- Now, your earbuds can be discovered by other Bluetooth devices.
When you connect your Bose earbuds to a different device, you need to reset them. The reset will clear the Bluetooth pairing list and connects the earbuds with a new Bluetooth device.
The reset method for Bose QuietComfort is as follows;
- Plug the charging case into a power supply and put the earbuds in it.
- Close the lid of the case and open it after 5 seconds.
- Now, in the charging case, press and hold the Bluetooth button for 30 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED lights on both earbuds blink, flash solid white, and turn blue.
- Remove and forget your QuietComfort earbuds from the device to which they were previously connected.
- Just open the Bluetooth menu and click on your earbuds name, tap ‘forget/disconnect’ to remove it from the device.
How to Connect Bose SounSport Earbuds
Bose SoundSport earbuds also come in a charging case. But, it does not have a Bluetooth button in it. You can connect them by the following method;
- Open the lid of the charging case and take out your earbuds.
- They turn ON automatically when you remove them from the case.
- The status light on both earbuds will glow white indicating they are powered ON.
- After 5 seconds, the status light starts glowing blue. It means your earbuds are in pairing mode and can be connected to a Bluetooth device.
If you want to clear the pairing list on your SoundSport earbuds, follow the steps mentioned below;
- Put both earbuds in their charging case.
- Now, connect the charging case to a working power outlet through a USB charger.
- After five seconds, unplug the charger from the case and leave it for 60 seconds.
- Now, take out the earbuds from the charging case, they are reset.
- Also, remove them from the device to which they are connected.
- After completing the process, you can pair them with a new Bluetooth device.
Pro Tips to Connect Your Bose Earbuds
We have told you the method of putting your Bose QuietComfort and SoundSport earbuds into Bluetooth pairing mode.
Now, you can connect them to various Bluetooth devices within five minutes. But, you should consider some important points;
- Place your earbuds closer to the Bluetooth device to which you are going to connect them. It is recommended to keep their maximum within 30 feet.
- Charge your earbuds fully before connecting to any device. You can confirm battery power from the status lights on the front of the charging case.
- Reset your earbuds before connecting them to a new Bluetooth device.
- Make sure that your earbuds are not already paired with a Bluetooth device. Otherwise, you cannot connect them.
- Sometimes, you are unable to pair your earbuds; they cannot be discovered by your device or disconnect frequently.
- In this case, reset your earbuds to factory settings and also reboot your device. Un-pair them by removing them from the Bluetooth list and then pairing them again.
- Once you turn on Bluetooth pairing mode on your Bose earbuds, do not delay the connection process. Because the pairing mode turns off after 5 minutes.
1. Connect Bose Earbuds to iPhone
- Open ‘Settings’ on your iPhone by clicking the gear icon.
- Next, choose ‘Bluetooth’ and turn it ON.
- It will start searching the nearby available Bluetooth devices.
- Carefully, tap the name of your Bose earbuds appearing on your iPhone screen.
- In a few minutes, your earbuds will connect to your iPhone. You can confirm by playing some audio files on your iPhone.
2. Connect Bose Earbuds to Android
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the ‘Settings’. You can also access the Bluetooth menu by holding the icon from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the ‘Bluetooth’ option and then turn it ON.
- You will see a list of paired Bluetooth devices as well as nearby devices.
- Tap on the name of your Bose earbuds and the connection process will start.
- Once both devices are connected successfully, they will notify you.
3. Connect Bose Earbuds to Mac
- Tap the Apple menu which is located on the top left corner of your Mac screen.
- Choose ‘System Preferences’ from the list of options.
- Next, select ‘Bluetooth’ and turn it ON.
- After a few seconds, you will see a list of nearby available devices on your Mac screen.
- Tap your Bose earbuds and then click ‘Connect’.
- Both devices will pair within a few seconds and will show notifications.
- You can forget your Bose earbuds by following the same process.
4. Connect Bose Earbuds to PC
- Tap the ‘Start’ or Window icon on the bottom left corner of your PC.
- Next, click the gear icon to open the settings.
- Choose ‘Devices’ and then ‘Bluetooth and other Devices’.
- Turn On Bluetooth and click on the ‘Add a Bluetooth device’ option.
- Tap the name of your Bose earbuds when they show in the list of available devices.
- If you cannot find the Bluetooth menu on your PC, simply search it from the search box showing at the bottom left corner of your PC.
If you have an older PC, it may not have a Bluetooth feature in it. In this case, you need a Bluetooth adapter.
Plug it in one of the HDMI ports on your PC and a Bluetooth icon will appear on the screen.
Tap this icon and follow the on-screen prompts to connect your Bose earbuds to your Windows PC.
In addition to Bluetooth, you can also connect your Bose earbuds to your Bluetooth device by Bose Connect App.
Just download this app on your iPhone or Android phone and allow access. However, you need to check whether your Bose earbuds are compatible with the Connect App or not.
In this article, you have learned to connect your Bose earbuds to different Bluetooth devices. Keep following us to learn more about your audio devices.
I’m Memona Aman, Editor of Speakersmag.com. I am naturally inclined towards modern technical gadgets. I love to research on speakers and soundbars. I write articles on this blog to share my latest knowledge. I am happy to assist you in your search for the best audio devices.