If your Bose headphones are not connecting to Mac, you have come to the right place. This article will tell you the best solutions to resolve this issue.
Bose headphones can be connected to Mac for listening to music. Sometimes, a minor software issue creates a connection problem.
1. Consider Some Important Points
If your Bose headphones are not connecting to Mac, you should consider some important points.
- Your Bose headphones should be closer to Mac. The ideal working range of Bluetooth is less than 30 feet.
- Bluetooth feature should be ON, both on your headphones and Mac.
- Make sure your Bose headphones are not already connected to two Bluetooth devices. Because the headphones can connect to only two devices simultaneously. So, if your Mac is third, the connection will fail.
- The battery of both your headphones and Mac should be charged.
- You need to confirm that your Bose headphones are compatible with Mac.
- Try connecting your Bose headphones to some other Bluetooth device. Also, connect your Mac to some other Bluetooth device.
In this way, you can check the Bluetooth functionality of your devices.
2. Restart Both Devices
One quick solution to solve the issue of Bose headphones not connecting to Mac is restarting both devices. Follow these guidelines;
- To restart your Bose headphones, turn them off.
- Wait a few moments and turn the headphones on.
- Now, turn on pairing mode on them and connect with Mac.
- To restart your Mac, click the Apple icon on the top left corner.
Select the ‘Restart’ option from the drop-down menu.
- Now, turn on Bluetooth on your Mac and connect it with Bose headphones.
3. Reset Your Bose Headphones
The reset can help you connect to Mac. One method is to clear the Bluetooth pairing list on your Bose headphones and the other is to reset the device.
- Turn on your Bose headphones by pressing the power button.
- Slide the power button to the right, on the Bluetooth logo.
- Hold the button till you hear a confirmation voice telling you the list has been deleted.
- Your headphones will forget all the paired Bluetooth devices. So, connect it to your Mac like you connected the first time.
- To reset your Bose headphones, turn them off.
- After 30 seconds, plug the headphones into the power supply.
- Disconnect the headphones from the power after 5 seconds.
- Wait for whole 60 seconds and power on your Bose headphones.
- Hold the multifunction or Call button to put the device in Bluetooth pairing mode.
4. Re-Pair Bose Headphones and Mac
Once, your device forgets the Bluetooth pairing list, you will need to connect them again. Also, clear the pairing list on your Mac;
- Tap the ‘Apple’ icon on the top left corner of your Mac.
- From the menu, select ‘System Prefeerences’ and then Bluetooth.
- Here, you will see a list of devices previously connected to your Mac.
- Select your Bose headphones from the list and click the ‘X’ icon in front of it.
- Now, both devices forget each other. Connect them again; turn on pairing mode on your headphones and turn on Bluetooth on your Mac by following the above-mentioned steps.
Related: Connect Bose Headphones To iPad
5. Update Firmware on Your Bose Headphones
You should keep your headphones up to date to ensure normal performance. An outdated software version can cause the issue of Bose headphones not connecting to your Mac.
There are two ways to update Bose firmware; through Bose Connect app or using your computer. Let us understand these methods;
- On your mobile device, download Bose Connect app.
- Launch the app and add your Bose headphones.
- Check the update section and install the latest software version. You will see a down arrow symbol in the app if any update is available.
- The second method is by connecting your Bose headphones to your computer using a USB cable.
- Next, open the Bose website in your browser. It will guide you through the update process.
- After up-gradation, try connecting your headphones to your Mac.
6. Check the Connection Ports on Your Mac
If you are connecting your Bose headphones to Mac using a wired connection, consider these points;
- Examine the audio jack of your headphones. Clean it properly to remove any dust.
- Also, clean the audio connection port on your Mac.
- Connect 3.5mm cable firmly both into your headphones and Mac.
- Turn on the volume on your headphones and Mac.
Instead of headphones, the Mac is directing audio to a TV or some other device. So, try connecting your Bose headphones after unplugging all other devices.
7. Reset Bluetooth Module
If still your Bose headphones are not connecting to Mac, reset Bluetooth module;
- On your Mac, press and hold the ‘Shift-Option’.
- From the top menu bar, choose the ‘Bluetooth’ icon.
- Here, you will see different options, select ‘Reset the Bluetooth module’.
- Tap the ‘Ok’ button to confirm the reset.
8. Uninstall Extra Applications
Some apps interfere with Bluetooth connectivity and can corrupt it. So, removing some recently downloaded apps may solve the issue of Bose headphones not connecting to Mac. Follow these guidelines;
- On your Mac, open the ‘Finder/Search’ window.
- Next, choose ‘Applications’ and look at all the apps.
- To delete a specific app, click on it and then press ‘Command-Delete’.
- Also, empty trash on your Mac and connect it again to your Bose headphones.
- You can also use the ‘CleanMyMax X’ app to uninstall the extra apps completely.
9. Update Your Mac
So, you have tried the previously-mentioned solution but still, your Bose headphones are not connecting to Mac?
There is another important thing you need to do, update your Mac software. Because an older software version may have some bugs.
Therefore, your device cannot make a Bluetooth connection. Keeping your Mac up to date is necessary for normal functioning.
Follow these steps to update the software;
- Click the ‘Apple’ icon on the top left corner of your Mac screen.
- Select ‘System preferences’ and then choose the ‘Software update’ option.
- This section will show you the available update.
Follow the on-screen instructions and install the latest software update on your Mac.
- After the process is complete, restart your Mac.
You should also reboot your Mac through the ‘CleanMyMac X’ app to remove all the junk files.
This way, you can improve the efficiency of your device. Hopefully, it will connect to your Bose headphones now.
This guide has told you all the troubleshooting methods. To solve the connectivity issue, reset, restart, update your devices. Also, clear cache on your Mac as told in the article.
We hope, these tricks have solved your issue. However, if still the issue persists then contact customer support. Most probably issue lies in your Bose headphones that are not connecting to Mac.
If they cannot connect to any other Bluetooth device, they are defective. In such a case, you need to submit a complaint to Bose customer support.
This is the ultimate solution to resolve the problem of Bose headphones not connecting to Mac.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site.