Bose headphones feature wireless connectivity through Bluetooth. So, you can connect your Bose headphones to the iPad using the Bluetooth option.
Bose headphones come in various models such as Bose QuietComfort, SoundLink, SoundSport, Noise-canceling, and many other headphones.
Bose earphones and wireless earbuds are also available. Almost, all of these models are wireless and can be connected to any Bluetooth device.
You can manually pair it with an iPad and can also connect through Bose Connect app. However, there is another option to connect your Bose headphones to the iPad that is wired connectivity.
Table of Contents
How To Connect Bose Headphones To iPad: Step by Step Guide
There are three methods of connecting your Bose headphones to your iPhone. Let us consider all these methods.
Method 1: Manual Bluetooth Pairing
You can connect Bose headphones to an iPad in two ways. One is the manual method and the other is via the app. In this section, we will learn the manual method. So, follow these instructions;
- First of all, you need to turn on your Bose headphones. Turn it upside down to locate the power button and move it to the ‘ON’ position. Some Bose headphones may have a power button located on one of the earcups.
- Next, put the headphone in the pairing mode. Press and hold the multifunctional and ‘Volume+’ buttons at the same time.
- On some Bose headphones, you need to hold the ‘Call’ button to turn on the pairing mode. The exact Bluetooth pairing button of your specific Bose headphones model is mentioned in the user guide.
- Release the buttons when the Bluetooth indicator blinks purple. Now, your device is ready to pair.
- Go to your iPad and open the Settings and click on ‘Bluetooth’ from the list of the options.
- Turn the Bluetooth ON and soon it will discover your Bose headphones. Just tap your Bose headphones name displayed on the iPad screen. Within a few seconds, both devices will be successfully paired.
- The Bluetooth indicator on your Bose headphones will light solid blue indicating successful connection.
- Both devices will remember each other and whenever you turn on the Bose headphones. They will connect automatically to your iPad if Bluetooth is turned on.
Method 2: Connecting through Bose Connect App
It is easy to manage Bluetooth settings through Bose Connect app. You can pair your Bose headphones to an iPad by the following method;
- On your iPad, download the Bose Connect app from Google Play or iOS App Store.
- Launch the app and tap the ‘Connect New’ option. Make sure your Bose headphones are powered on, turn on pairing mode on them.
- Your Bose headphones will appear in the app, tap it to complete the pairing process.
- The Bluetooth light on the headphones blinks twice to indicate the successful connection with the Connect app.
- Now, you can play music on your iPad and it will be played through your headphones.
- You can add multiple devices in the Bose Connect app. Disconnecting and reconnecting a device is easier through the app.
Method 3: Wired Connection
You can also connect your Bose headphones to your iPad using a cable. Most of the Bose headphones have this option. It is ideal when the battery of your headphones is running down.
While the wired connection also has disadvantages. Because it limits your movement and you need to maintain the minimum distance between your headphones and iPad.
On the other hand, Bluetooth can work within a long-distance range and you can move freely. However, if you wish to make a wired connection, follow the guidelines given below;
- Take a Lightning to 3.5 mm headphones Jack Adapter. Plug one end into the Lightning connector on your iPad and plug the other end into the headphones.
- Another option is USB-C to 3.5 mm headphone Jack Adapter. Plug one end into the USB-C port on your iPad and the other end into the headphones.
In this way, you can connect your Bose headphones to the iPad through a cable. This method is a ready and quick connectivity option. But, this connection will be successful only on the iPad with iOS 10 or later.
So, this article has told you three methods to connect your Bose headphones to the iPad. You can choose either of the wireless methods.
We also told you the wired connectivity method using USB-C and 3.5 mm lightning headphones jack adapter.
The majority prefer the wireless connectivity option to connect your Bose headphones to the iPad. We hope, this guide helped you a lot.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site. Read more about me