Hisense Smart or Roku TV is an excellent choice for home entertainment. This smart TV connects to Wifi. So, it gives you a lot of streaming options. Hisense TV displays HD quality and bright pictures.
But, sometimes, the TV poses problems like no picture or no sound. There are some common picture problems; the screen flickers, the power light is on but the screen goes black, or TV is turned on giving blue light but no picture.
Each problem has some reasons behind it. There may be a hardware or software error causing the screen to turn blue with no picture.
The special focus of this article is the issue when your Hisense TV turns on, its screen displays a blue light but no picture is visible. This is most probably a software or connectivity issue.
This article will help you in fixing your Hisense TV with a blue screen and no picture.
1. Power Cycle Your Hisense TV
This is a quick and easy solution to fix the TV with no picture. You can power cycle or restart your TV by the following method;
- Shut down your Hisense TV and remove the power cable.
- Now, press and hold the power button at least for 20 seconds.
- Wait for 2 minutes and plug in the power cable.
- Now, power on your Hisense TV.
Hopefully, the blue screen is now displaying the picture.
2. Check All the Connection Cables
The reason for the blue TV screen is loose connections. Check all the connection cords, HDMIs, leads, and capacitors. Unplug the HDMI and lead and clean the ports.
Plug all the connections again after a few minutes. Now, look if it makes a difference. Examine the HDMI cable for damages and cuts.
Use another working HDMI cable for your TV. Maybe your older cable has stopped working. You should also inspect the power cable.
3. Check the Streaming Devices
If you have connected your TV with the cable box or satellite box, check their performance. You might be using a streaming device like Roku Streaming Stick, Fire TV Stick, or any other such device.
Any problem with these devices can vanish the picture on your TV. Maybe they are not delivering signals, that’s why your TV screen is blue. Try to fix this problem by resetting or restarting these devices.
Related: Turn ON Hisense TV Without Remote
4. Check the Wifi Signal Strength
Another connection to check is the Wifi network signals. If you are streaming live by connecting your Hisense TV to a Wifi router, the weak signals lead to a blue screen with no picture.
Restart your Wifi router and check its signal strength. Also, power cycle your Wifi router also by restarting it.
In some cases, the TV screen turns blue while playing certain channels or services. If this is the case with your Hisense TV then that channel is the culprit.
There is some technical fault in the channel service. Therefore, your TV screen turns blue while playing this channel or app. You should wait for the automatic fix while enjoying other channels. Because your TV has no fault in it.
5. Reset Your Hisense TV to Factory Settings
Software bugs or errors can also interfere with picture display. Consequently, the TV screen turns blue but no picture is shown.
Resetting your TV to the factory settings can solve this issue. This method is very effective to resolve a lot of problems. But, it deletes all the data stored on your TV.
So, you will need to install the apps and channels again. Moreover, settings will be customized again.
Hisense smart TVs were launched after 2014. The older models have a different operating system. So, the factory reset method differs for basic and smart Hisense TVs. We are going to tell you both methods;
Restoring Factory Settings on Older Hisense TV Models
You may own an older model of the Hisense TV, launched before 2013. If you are not willing to replace it, you should try to fix it at home.
The reset method for this type of model is as follows;
- On your Hisense TV remote, find the “Exit” button.
- Press and hold it until you see the menu on the TV screen.
- It will give the “Factory Reset” option. Tap the “Ok” button.
- Once the reset process is completed, the TV will turn off. If it does not, shut down it manually.
- After 20-30 seconds, power on your TV.
Restoring Factory Settings on a Smart Hisense TV
The latest models of Hisense TVs can be reset easily using the original remote control. You can also use a generic remote. But, resetting through it is a bit difficult.
Another alternative is to use the reset button on your TV. Restoring to the factory setting will reboot your TV. Hence, it will fix the blue screen but no picture issue.
Follow the steps given below to restore factory settings on your Hisense Smart TV;
- Press the “Menu” button on the remote.
- Go to settings and then to “Support”. Click the “OK” or “Enter” key to continue the process.
- Now, tap the “Self Diagnosis” option and confirm the process.
- Next, click on the “Reset” button and proceed further.
- This will require you to enter the security code of your Hisense smart TV.
- Enter the code and follow the instructions to complete the restore process.
Note: The default security PIN for all Hisense Smart TVs is “0000”. But, if you have changed it then enter your specific PIN. In case, you forgot the security PIN, you can consult Hisense customer support.
6. Test the Backlight
Another possible reason for no picture on Hisense TV is failed backlight. You can test the backlight by the following method;
- Turn your Hisense TV on with a blue screen.
- Turn off the lights in your room and make it dark.
- Now, take a flashlight and throw it on your TV screen.
- Throw the light from different angles to see if any blurry image appears in the background. If so then your Hisense TV’s backlight has failed. You need to repair or replace it.
7. Hardware Fixes
If your Hisense TV powers on but gives no picture, it is a software issue. But, very rarely a hardware defect can also create this problem.
You can detect the hardware damage by carefully observing the TV screen. Press the “Menu” button and check whether the menu is displaying on the screen.
Is it looks fine or distorted? Is your Hisense TV blue screen displaying vertical or horizontal lines? If this happens then the LCD panel of your TV is defective.
There may be a fault in the T-con or Mainboard. Bad capacitors can also vanish the picture. If you find signs of hardware damage, you should consult a professional.
You can seek help from the company directly. An alternative is to consult a local TV mechanic.
Related: Hisense TV Not Turning ON
This article has listed all the possible methods to fix your Hisense TV which is giving no picture. If your Hisense TV’s power light and blue light turn on but no picture is displayed then it is a software issue.
If the TV’s power light turns on and the screen turns black, it means there is a hardware issue. Try all the above-mentioned troubleshooting methods in the correct order.
If they do not work then you must look for the hardware issues. Always contact a trusted professional to repair your TV.