The VIZIO TV series come with excellent built-in speakers. Although the internal speakers deliver a good sound yet you may need a deep bass and louder volume. Connecting an external speaker or soundbar will give you immersive surround sound. Moreover, you can also attach a home theater system to your Vizio TV. There are different options to connect a soundbar to Vizio TV.
This article will guide you that how can you connect a soundbar to Vizio TV.
Connecting a Bluetooth Soundbar to Vizio TV
Currently available Vizio televisions come with Bluetooth LE. This is a low-power Bluetooth. So, it cannot make a successful connection with a Bluetooth soundbar.
However, you can pair your smartphone with your Vizio TV. The Bluetooth function on Vizio TV mainly serves to connect with VIZIO SmartCast app on mobile or tablet. You can use this app as a remote to control your Vizio TV from your phone.
Hence, you can make a wired connection between a soundbar and Vizio TV. There are two options for wired connection; S/PDIF or Analog cable.
Connecting a Soundbar to Vizio TV using S/PDIF Cable
An S/PDIF cable has two channels for transmitting digital audio. One is compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound while the other is uncompressed PCM. This cable transmits high-definition sound. It reduces the extra noises to zero. So, you get a smooth sound flow.
Follow these steps to connect a soundbar to your Vizio TV through S/PDIF cable;
- Before connecting a soundbar to your Vizio TV, make sure both devices are turned off.
- Find the “S/PDIF or Optical port” on your TV. Usually, a Vizio TV has these ports at the rear side.
- Insert one end of the S/PDIF cable into the audio port of your TV.
- Now, look for the S/PDIF port on the rear panel of your soundbar and connect the other end of the cable to this port.
- Connect the soundbar power cord into an electrical socket to turn it on. Also, switch on your Vizio TV.
- Select S/PDIF input on your soundbar by pressing the relevant button on the soundbar or remote.
You have to turn off the internal TV speakers in order to connect the external soundbar. To perform this action, follow these guidelines;
- Click on the “Menu” button on your Vizio TV remote. The TV screen will display menu options.
- Click the right arrow button to scroll for the “Audio” option.
- Next, click the down arrow button and select “Speakers”.
- You will see the speaker status as “ON”. Change the speaker status to “Off” by pressing the right arrow button.
- Now, the internal speakers are disabled. The audio will be sent to the soundbar.
Connecting a Soundbar to Vizio TV using Analog Cable
Analog cable is used to transmit analog signals from the TV to the speaker or soundbar. You can connect a soundbar to your Vizio TV through an analog cable. Follow these guidelines;
- Before connecting a soundbar with your Vizio TV, make sure both devices are turned off.
- Find the “Analog” port at the rear side of your Vizio TV.
- Insert one end of the RCA/Analog cable into this port on your TV.
- Find the “Input 1 or Input 2” ports on the rear panel of your soundbar.
- Now, insert the other end of the RCA cable into any one of the input ports.
- Switch on both the soundbar and TV.
- Now, press the “Input” button on your soundbar or its remote.
- Select the TV as an input device.
Like before, You have to turn off the internal TV speakers to connect the external soundbar. To perform this action, follow the same steps mentioned in the previous section.
You will tap the menu on your TV and will turn off the internal speakers. Your Vizio TV will send audio to the soundbar automatically.
Here we discussed three different methods that you can use to connect your soundbar to Vizio TV. You can use any of these methods according to your feasibility.