The latest Xbox controllers are compatible with Bluetooth. You can pair them with a PC or smartphone. However, your Xbox Elite controller may not be connecting to PC Bluetooth.
You feel worried and do not know what to do. But, I have come up with the solutions. This guide is going to be very interesting.
Believe me, your device is not failed. It is just teasing you for a while. You just have to give it some of your time and care and it will be alright.
Table of Contents
Let Me Tell You an Interesting Story
My cute cousin is 8 years old and he loves to play games. He uses an Elite controller. He talks with it as if his controller is a child.
He came to me and said, “Look my friend is annoyed and does not let me play ‘Minecraft’”. It was not connecting to his PC. I laughed and promised that I will please his friend.
You know, now it was necessary for me to fix the issue for the little child. Therefore, I strived harder and put in all my efforts.
Finally, I was able to connect his Xbox Elite controller with his PC. Now, many days have passed and it is working fine.
Troubleshoot Your Elite Controller
I feel excited to share my experiences with you. So, this article includes all the potential and authentic hacks that worked for me. First, we will troubleshoot the controller.
1. Disconnect Other Bluetooth Devices
The Elite controller can connect to one device at a time. So, it will fail to pair with the PC if it is already connected to some other device.
For example, it may be paired with a mobile device or console. Simply, turn OFF and then ON your controller. Disable Bluetooth on all nearby devices.
Enable Bluetooth on your PC and connect again. Likewise, make sure no device is wirelessly connected to your PC.
2. Re-establish the Connection
Turn Bluetooth OFF on your PC. Wait a few moments and enable it again. Also, restart your controller and now reconnect. Do this 2 or 3 times.
Moreover, wait for the devices to find each other. If your computer is busy with other activities, it may take some time to recognize the device.
Hence, you have to wait until it is searching. Go to the Bluetooth menu on your computer and remove Elite from the list of paired devices. Now, pair the devices again.
3. Restart the Devices
Restart is my favorite hack. Because it solves a number of problems. So, here you have to restart both your PC and controller.
- Press the Windows icon on the bottom left of the PC.
- It will open up the “Start” menu.
- Click the “Power” option and then tap the “Restart”.
- Press and hold the power button with the Xbox logo on it.
- Hold it for 6 seconds or until the device turns OFF.
- Now, press the Xbox button again to turn it ON.
4. Follow the Instructions Correctly
You may not be following the pairing instruction correctly. First of all, you have to place the device closer to your PC. It will not work from too much distance.
Moreover, make sure the device is charged and has enough power. Also, check the pairing instructions and follow them correctly.
You can use a USB cable to make a wired connection. Go for it if you feel convenient.
5. Conduct the Pairing Test
A simple test can tell you whether your Elite controller is problematic or your PC. You may have another PC or laptop in your home, and pair your controller with it.
Besides you can try pairing it with a mobile device or TV. If your Elite connects successfully with other devices, it means the PC has some problem.
Otherwise, the controller is faulty. Then follow the relevant solutions. Another diagnostic test is to connect the controller to the PC using a USB cable.
If they connect successfully, the Bluetooth feature has some problem on either of the devices.
6. Update the Controller
Both of your devices should be running on the latest firmware version. If you update only Xbox and not Windows, the devices fail to connect. Follow these steps to update Elite;
- Connect your Xbox Elite to the Xbox console if you do have one.
- It will start updating the firmware automatically.
- However, if you do not have a console, update via PC.
- Connect the controller to your PC using the provided USB cable.
- Now, install the Xbox Accessories app on your computer.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to update the device.
Troubleshoot Your Windows PC
If your controller passes the pairing test, you have to work on your PC. Here are three effective solutions you can try.
1. Run the Troubleshooter
The problem may be with the Windows PC. It can be diagnosed by running the troubleshooter. Let us learn how to do it;
- Click the “Start” button on the bottom left corner of your PC.
- Choose “Settings”, then click the “Update & Security” tab.
- Navigate to the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Next, select “Additional Troubleshooters” and then “Bluetooth”.
- Finally, tap the “Run Troubleshooter” button.
- This program will diagnose the issue. So, you can solve the problem once it is detected.
2. Update Your Windows PC
Your PC may have Windows 10 or 11. The method may differ a little for both. But, you can find the update option in the settings. A Windows PC can be updated by the following method;
- Click the Window icon on the bottom left of the screen.
- From the “Start” menu, choose “Settings”.
- Navigate to the “Update & Security” section.
- Select “Check for Updates”. Install the latest version of Windows.
- Make sure your computer has an active and reliable internet connection.
3. Update the Drivers
Bluetooth drivers on your computer may be outdated, missing, or corrupted. This leads to a connection issue. You can install the drivers manually.
But, it is a technical and time-consuming process. So, you can do it easily through Driver Easy;
- Download and install the Driver Easy software on your computer.
- Launch the program and click the “Scan Now” button.
- It will scan the device and will present the report if there any problematic drivers.
- Click the “Update All” button to install the drivers automatically.
- This program serves free. However, you can also get a paid version with a 30-days warranty.
FAQs About Xbox Elite Controller
This question/answer session will help you further resolve the problem. Feel free to ask if you have further queries.
How to connect Xbox One controller to Switch without an adapter?
Xbox One controller cannot be connected to Nintendo Switch without an adapter. Because both devices come from different brands and have distinct systems. However, you can try using a USB dongle or Bluetooth adapter if it works.
Can I connect the Xbox Elite controller to my PC without an adapter?
Yes, Elite comes with the built-in Bluetooth feature. Therefore, you can pair it to your PC or mobile device. Moreover, you can use a USB cable to connect both devices.
Is the Xbox Elite controller worth it?
The Xbox Elite series has come with new features. It offers more customization and adjustment. The Elite series controllers are totally worth it. They are wireless models with built-in Bluetooth. However, you can also make a wired connection with the USB cable.
You may also like: Reviews on the Best TVs for PS5 under $1000
I have explained all the hacks I have tried. They fixed my cousin’s Elite. Hopefully, these tricks will also work for you.
First, you should diagnose the problematic device. Then, go for troubleshooting. If nothing works, contact Xbox for professional support.
The 9 solutions I mentioned will surely fix your Xbox Elite controller that is not connecting to your PC Bluetooth.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site. Read more about me