Sonos Play 3 is a smart wireless speaker. This speaker is the best choice for smartphones and tablets. It is equipped with 3 powerful drivers. While Sonos Play 5 is the upgraded version of the Sonos Play 3. It comes with 6 powerful drivers and is the ideal companion for your smartphone and tablet. Both speakers feature wireless connectivity.
In this article, we will guide you through the reset process of Sonos Play 3 and Play 5. You need to reset your devices to improve their performance and to remove any software glitches.
This article is very helpful for you if you are looking for the right method of resetting your Sonos Play 3 and Play 5.
Reset Sonos Play 3
You can reset your Sonos Play 3 just in few minutes. Follow the steps given below;
- The very first step is to cut off the power supply from your device. There are two methods you can follow. The first is unplugging the power cord located at the bottom of the Sonos Play 3.
- The second method is disconnecting the power directly from the electrical wall outlet. You can choose either one depending on your feasibility.
- Find the play/pause button present on the front panel of Play 3. Press and hold this button while simultaneously reconnecting the power cord.
- Keep an eye on the light indicator. It will flash white and then amber. Release the play/pause button when the light starts glowing in a reddish color.
- When the light flashes green, it means the Sonos Play 3 has been restored to its factory settings.
You need to add it again in the Sonos app and re-pair it to your devices.
Related: Reset Sonos Subwoofer
Reset Sonos Play 5
The process of resetting Sonos Play 5 is a bit different from Sonos Play 3. You can reset your Sonos Play 5 by the following method.
- Unplug the power cord located at the rear side of your Sonos Play 5.
- You can also disconnect the power supply directly from the wall outlet.
- Wait a few moments after cutting the power supply.
- An infinity button is located just below the power connector. Press and hold this button, meanwhile re-plug the power cord.
- Keep the infinity button holding and observe the light indicator. It will blink white and then red. Release the button when the light starts glowing red.
Now, your Sonos Play 5 is reset to its factory settings. This procedure makes the device brand new, removing software bugs and resolving all other issues.
Related: Play Your Own Music On Sonos
Some Reasons to Reset Your Sonos Play 3 and Play 5
Both Sonos Play 3 and Play 5 are efficient speakers. However, sometimes a software bug can affect the performance. The device does not work properly, cannot pair, disconnects frequently, audio is distorted, or the speaker cannot be discovered by the Sonos app. All these problems can be solved by restoring factory settings on your Sonos Play 3 and Play 5.
Additionally, reset is essential before selling your device to someone else. Because you have added accounts to it and the other person can misuse them. So, you must restore factory settings on your speaker before handing them over to the buyer.
The same rule applies when your buy a used Sonos speaker. You must reset it before adding it to your home devices. Restore works just like cleansing. It removes all the software bugs and stored data. So, your Sonos speaker becomes brand new.
We hope this guide will help you a lot in resetting your Sonos Play 3 and Play 5. Stay connected with us to read more informative articles on technical solutions. Freely submit your queries and suggestions.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site.