This article will tell you the correct method to program a universal remote to a Vizio TV. It also provides a complete list of RCA Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TV.
There are 2-digit, 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit RCA Universal Remote codes for different models of Vizio TV.
So, you can program any universal remote with your Vizio TV and other home theater devices. A Universal remote enhances your entertainment experience.
Because you can use a single remote to control multiple devices in your home theater. Hence, you do not need to maintain a number of remotes. It saves you both cost and time.
There are three methods to program your universal remote to your Vizio TV. Let us learn all these methods and then move on to the list of codes.
How To Program A Universal Remote To A Vizio TV
You can follow any of the 3 methods to program your RCA Universal Remote to your Vizio TV. But, before starting the process, you must consider some important things.
First of all, plug your TV into a working power outlet and turn it ON. Check the batteries of your universal remote. They should be working and new.
If needed replace the batteries to program both devices successfully. Follow the below-given instructions to program your remote.
Method 1: The Direct Programming
- Press the power button on your Vizio TV set to turn it ON.
- On your RCA Universal remote, press and hold the ‘TV’ button for about 5 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED light on the remote blinks twice and then glows steadily.
- Immediately, enter the programming code for your Vizio TV. You will need to try various codes to find out the right one.
- The LED light flashes two times and then goes off when you enter the correct code.
- Now, direct your RCA Universal remote to your Vizio TV and press the ‘Power’ button.
- If your TV accepts the command and turns it off, the setup has been completed. You can also confirm by giving other commands to your TV.
- However, if the code is incorrect, the TV will not respond to commands. So, you need to repeat the process again by entering different codes.
Method 2: Using the Keycode
You can also program an RCA Universal remote with your Vizio TV using a keycode. This specific code is given in the manual book of your TV.
So, you will not need to enter the various code, just one relevant code will work. Follow these guidelines to manually program the TV and remote;
- Turn on your TV and point the remote towards it. Press the ‘TV’ button on your remote and then press and hold the ‘Setup’ button. Release the ‘Setup’ button when the LED light flashes.
- At this point, enter the ‘keycode’ and wait for a few seconds.
- Now, try to turn off your TV by pressing the power button on the Universal remote. If it works, the programming is successful.
Method 3: The Automatic Pairing
There is a ‘Code search method’ to program your remote to your TV. However, only a few RCA Universal Remotes are capable of programming through auto code search. You can do this by the following method;
- Turn on Your Vizio TV.
- Press and hold the ‘Setup’ button on the remote control.
- Enter the code “9-9-1” using the number keys on the remote.
- Next, press and hold the ‘Power’ button on your Universal remote and also press the ‘Channel up’ button at the same time.
- Release the button when your TV turns off. You can turn it on again through the remote. It indicates that your device has been programmed.
RCA Universal Remote Codes For Vizio TV
2-digit codes also work for Vizio TVs. However, the remote may not accept the 2-digit or 3-digit codes. The trick is to add 00 before the codes to make them 4-digit.
01 , 02 , 10 , 12 , 17 , 19
004 , 011 , 113 , 502 , 505 , 627
0030 , 0056 , 0205 , 0117 , 0178 , 0128 , 0891 , 0912 , 1004 , 1017 , 1078 , 1292 , 1756 , 1758 , 1783 , 3145
01377 , 10117 , 10120 , 10178 , 10864 , 10885 , 11756 , 11758
Vizio Universal Remote
A Vizio Universal remote is also available in the market. It is sold separately as well as with the TV. Your current Vizio TV remote may be the Universal Remote.
You can confirm by observing the buttons. If it has various buttons labeled with the names of different devices such as TV, DVD, VCR, etc. then it’s a universal remote.
You can program it with your Vizio TV, cable box, DVD Player, or speaker. A single remote will control all of your devices.
However, if your TV remote is common, purchase an RCA Universal Remote from Amazon or from a local dealer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Vizio TV
We have tried to explain everything in detail. However, you may have further questions. So, here are the answers to your most commonly asked questions.
Does the RCA universal remote have a code search button?
There are no dedicated code search buttons on the RCA universal remote. However, certain button combinations can be used to search the codes. For example, if you are following the auto-programming method, press the ‘Play’ and ‘Reverse’ buttons to perform the function.
How to reset the RCA universal remote?
You should reset the RCA universal remote if it fails to connect to the TV or does not respond. First, remove the remote batteries and press the number 1 key for a few seconds. Release the key and insert new batteries. Now, press the power key or ON/OFF button and the light will come on. Finally, reprogram the remote with your TV.
Are there control buttons on my Vizio TV?
Yes, like all other TVs, Vizio also has some basic control buttons such as volume, power, channel, and menu. You can find them on the back of the TV toward the lower left or lower right.
How to control my Vizio TV without a remote?
If you have lost your Vizio TV remote or it is not working, you can go for other control options. Use the physical buttons on the TV set. Program a universal remote to the TV. Moreover, download the Vizio SmartCast app on your phone and turn it into a TV remote. You can also download third-party remote control apps from the Play Store.
Can I use any universal remote with any TV?
The universal remotes come from various brands. But, all of them are designed to work with all TV brands. So, technically you can program any universal remote to any TV. Some of them can program with up to 3 devices while others can control almost 10 devices in your home theater.
How to Program Universal Remote to TV?
Hopefully, you have liked this article. You can read more informative and useful articles on our blog. You can also ask for any queries regarding your TVs and other devices.
This guide has told you three methods to program a Universal Remote to your Vizio TV and also listed all the RCA Universal Remote Codes for Vizio TVs. Keep connected with us and stay up-to-date.