This article will tell you the complete method to program a universal remote to an Insignia TV. You will also need RCA Universal remote codes to program successfully.
There are different codes for different models of Insignia TV. You have to try various codes to enter the right one.
We will provide you with a complete list of 3-digit, 4-digit, and 5-digit RCA codes. So, this article will serve a dual purpose for you. Keep reading the guide till the end.
How To Program A Universal Remote To An Insignia TV
An Insignia TV comes with a remote control. However, you may want to program a Universal remote control with your TV to avoid the hassle of multiple remotes.
RCA Universal Remotes come from different brands including Insignia. You can program any Universal remote with your Insignia TV by following two methods;
- Connect your Insignia TV to a working power outlet and turn it ON.
- Make sure that your Universal remote is working and has fresh batteries.
- Point the remote towards your TV and locate the ‘PROG’ or ‘SETUP’ button on the remote.
- Now, press and hold this button till the LED on your remote starts glowing. Now, press the ‘INFO’ button.
- At this point, enter the codes one by one with a gap of 3 seconds. If the code is incorrect, the TV screen will display “Sorry”.
- Stop entering the codes when your TV screen says “Success”. It indicates that your remote has been programmed successfully.
- Now, press any button or give some commands to your Insignia TV to check the functionality of your remote.
The initial steps are the same, plug in and turn on your TV and check the remote is fine.
- Press and hold the ‘PROG’ or ‘SETUP’ button on your Universal remote control.
- Release the button when the LED on your remote lights up.
- Click the ‘TV’ button and then press ‘SET’ on the remote.
- Now, enter the codes for your Insignia TV and observe its response.
- If the LED light on the remote goes off, it means you have entered the right code.
- Check the programming by sending different commands (volume up/down or channel shift) to your TV.
RCA Universal Remote Codes for Insignia TV
3-digit codes are unique to Insignia TV. So, you should try them first then go for 4-digit and 5-digit codes. This process requires your patience and time because you have to keep on trying until your TV accepts the correct code.
026 , 050 , 068 , 069 , 075 , 078 , 080 , 096 , 100 , 164 , 168 , 229 , 167 , 415 , 424 , 450 , 456 , 461 , 507 , 523 , 567 , 577 , 586
0171 , 0463 , 0706 , 0885 , 1004 , 1005 , 1023 , 1034 , 1035 , 1040 , 1061 , 1020 , 1028 , 1029 , 1051 , 1060 , 1092 , 1139 , 1151 , 1153 , 1155 , 1161 , 1162 , 1166 , 1176 , 1181 , 1202 , 1204 , 1209 , 1213 , 1220 , 1225 , 1230 , 1273 , 1326 , 1385 , 1398 , 1423 , 1465 , 1507 , 1517 , 1564 , 1641 , 1660 , 1710 , 1756 , 1780 , 1810 , 1892 , 1963 , 2002 , 2049 , 2088 , 2184 , 2434 , 2417 , 2751 , 3183 , 3227 , 4398
10463 , 10171 , 10885 , 11385 , 11423 , 11517 , 11564 , 11641 , 11756 , 11780 , 11785 , 11810 , 11892 , 11963 , 12002 , 12049 , 12184 , 12417 , 12434 , 12751 , 13183 , 13227 , 14398
How to Identify Insignia Universal Remote?
Insignia Universal remotes are available separately and they also come with the TV. Your current Insignia TV may be a Universal remote. So, you do not need to buy a new universal remote.
Just use your present remote and program it with various devices in your home theater. However, you may be confused about whether your Insignia remote is Universal or normal.
There are some quick methods to confirm this;
Observe the button labels on your Insignia remote. Universal remotes have separate buttons for each device such as a VCR, DVD, TV, Speaker, etc.
Moreover, the Universal remote also has ‘Set’ and ‘Mode’ buttons. If your current Insignia TV remote is Universal, you can program it with various devices in your home theater.
Troubleshooting RCA Universal Remote is Not Working
Sometimes, the remote cannot connect to your TV or does not work although connects. This issue can be easily resolved by applying the following troubleshooting tricks:
- Ensure that you have entered the correct code. Do not miss any digit or change the sequence.
- The remote should be used from a reasonable distance. Get closer to your TV and remove any obstacles between the receiver on the TV and the remote control.
- The batteries of the remote may have expired. So, insert the new batteries and try again.
- Reset the remote as guided by the user manual. Then, reprogram it with your TV.
- Restart the TV, clear its cache data, and update the firmware.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following section will answer your frequently asked questions regarding universal remote and TV.
Can a universal remote work with other TV brands?
Yes, a universal remote control is designed to work with any TV brand, speaker, or home theater setup. You can program the single remote to multiple devices in your home setup.
What to do if I don’t have a code for my Insignia TV?
Download the “One for All Setup” app on your mobile device. Launch the app, find and add your Insignia TV. This app provides full databases of the codes. Hence, you can know and download the latest code for your television.
Is there any code search button on the RCA universal remote?
We hope, our article will be very helpful for you. We always bring well-researched material for you. So, you can follow our instructions without any hesitation or doubt.
This guide has listed all the RCA Universal remote codes for your Insignia TV. In addition, we have also told you two ways to program any Universal remote to your Insignia TV.