Oculus Quest 2 is an amazing virtual headset for enjoying gaming. Sometimes, this device poses some issues like the screen of Oculus Quest 2 says ‘No Command’.
In this situation, the device is stuck and does not respond. Thus, you cannot play games. But, do not worry this problem can be solved very easily.
We have found the best solutions for you. So, keep reading this article till the end to fix your Quest 2.
1. Restart Your Oculus Quest 2
This happens due to an error during the startup process. It can be solved by restarting your device. The process is as follows;
- There is a ‘Power’ button on the right side of the Oculus Quest 2.
- Press and hold the ‘Power’ button for 15 seconds. Release it when the headset restarts showing the Oculus logo on its display.
- After this, your Quest 2 will start functioning properly. However, if this trick does not work on the first attempt, repeat the process two more times.
2. Factory Reset Your Oculus Quest 2
If the restart does not help even after 3 attempts, try the factory reset. You should note that this process will delete all the data on your headset.
But, it is the ultimate solution to fix the no command issue. However, you can reinstall everything again. Your subscriptions and purchases will remain safe.
Follow these steps to factory restore Quest 2;
- Turn OFF the Oculus Quest 2 and disconnect it from the power source or any other device.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Power’ button along with the ‘Volume Down’ button at the same time.
- Release the buttons when the start screen appears. It will show you a menu with various options.
- Use the volume keys and navigate to the “Restore Factory Settings” option. Highlight this tab by pressing the power button once.
- Choose the ‘Yes’ option through volume buttons and then press the power button to confirm.
If your headset is connected to your smartphone, you can perform the factory reset from the app.
- Launch the Oculus app on your phone. Click on the ‘Devices’ option, it appears at the bottom menu.
- Next, click the name of your headset and then choose ‘Advanced Settings.
- Tap the ‘Factory reset’ option and then confirm by clicking ‘Reset’.
- Restart your headset once the reset process is complete. Hopefully, the device will start normally.
Related: Oculus Quest 2 Not Charging
3. Contact the Company
These tricks should fix your headset. If it is still saying ‘No Command’, you must consult the manufacturer. Because it may have some technical or manufacturing fault.
As you know Oculus Quest 2 has been launched very recently. So, your device is still under warranty. Contact Oculus and explain the issue.
Ask them for repair or replacement. However, the company does not consider a warranty if you have damaged your device accidentally.
It happens when the device comes in contact with water or falls down. Hopefully, that did not happen with your Quest 2.
We will appreciate it if you tell us how useful you found our guide in fixing your Oculus Quest 2 that says ‘No Command’.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site.