All the electronic devices pose some technical issues. Sometimes, JBL Flip 5 cannot be turned OFF. This issue is really frustrating, especially when it happens while listening to music.
JBL Flip 5 is the latest model launched in 2019. It is a portable Bluetooth speaker equipped with a rechargeable battery.
JBL Flip 5 is IPX7 waterproof, it can be submerged underwater for 30 minutes. This quality makes the device weather-resistant hence durable.
Your JBL Flip 5 becomes unresponsive due to an error or bug in the software. But, you can solve this problem just in a few minutes. We suggest 6 methods that work in this situation.
Solution 1: Force Shutdown
A simple solution is to force shutdown your JBL speaker. There are different methods depending on the model of the device. Generally, you can try the following steps:
- Press the power button repeatedly for 4 times and hold it on the 5th press.
- Keep the button pressed until your JBL Flip 5 turns off automatically.
- The blue backlight of the power button goes off when the speaker powers off.
- This solution works for JBL Flip 5 with 0.5.0 or below the firmware version.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Release the button when the speaker powers off.
- Wait a few moments and turn it again.
- Hopefully, the JBL Flip 5 will work normally after performing this function.
Solution 2: Restore Factory Settings
Restoring factory settings is the best working solution. It works in many cases by troubleshooting the device. The factory reset removes all the bugs and deletes all the settings.
So, it reboots your device and improves its functioning. Be sure to disconnect all the devices before resetting your JBL Flip 5 if it is not turning off. Let us start the process.
- Press and hold the ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Play/Pause’ buttons for 15 seconds.
- Release when the speaker gives a beep sound and powers off.
- After a few moments, press the power button to turn your JBL Flip 5 on.
- Now, it will function normally.
Also Read: Connect JBL Speaker To TV
Solution 3: Repair the Hardware
If none of the above solutions works then you should check for the hardware issues. First of all, carefully examine the power button.
Maybe it is broken or loose, that’s why your JBL Flip 5 is not turning OFF. If you find a fault in the power button, consult a professional to replace it.
Solution 4: Exit the Service Mode
JBL speakers have a unique feature called Weird or Secret mode. It locks the speaker and no one can use the speaker while the audio is playing.
In this mode, all the buttons become unresponsive, and the device cannot be turned OFF. Hence, you should exit the service mode:
- Connect the charger with your JBL speaker and turn ON the power supply.
- Hold down the Bluetooth and Play/Pause buttons at the same time.
- Release both buttons after 10-20 seconds.
- Now, press the power button to turn OFF your speaker.
- After a few seconds, turn ON the device again and it will work normally.
Solution 5: Update Firmware
Another solution is to update the firmware of your speaker. Sometimes, the outdated firmware also causes such issues.
- Go to the JBL Portable App on your Android phone or iOS device.
- Open the app and navigate to the “System” or “Update” section.
- Check if the latest firmware version is available.
- Download the latest JBL firmware and restart your speaker.
- Once the update is completed, try powering OFF your device.
Solution 6: Change the Power Source
Try changing the power source of your device. Connect it to a different power outlet. If you are charging via mobile phone or computer, connect to an electrical outlet.
Sometimes, the bugs in the computer can affect your JBL speaker. Hence, you should try different power outlets to resolve the issue.
Solution 7: Drain the Battery
If nothing works, the last option is to drain the battery of your speaker fully. JBL speakers offer 10-12 hours of playtime. Let the speaker play until its battery is drained fully.
Then, connect it to the charger and let it store power for a few minutes. Press the power button and turn ON your device. After this step, the speaker will start working normally.
Solution 8: Contact JBL
We are sure that the above-given solutions will help you power OFF your JBL speaker. However, if they do not work, you must contact JBL customer support.
The company will provide you with technical assistance or will repair any defect in your audio device. You can also get a replacement for the defective product if it is under warranty.
So, if your JBL speaker won’t turn OFF, you can try a number of troubleshooting tips. This guide has listed all the potential solutions. Feel free to ask us if you have further queries.