JBL Flip 5 is the latest model launched in 2019. It is a portable Bluetooth speaker equipped with a rechargeable battery. JBL Flip 5 is IPX7 waterproof, it can be submerged underwater for 30 minutes. This quality makes the device weather-resistant hence durable. However, electronic devices pose some technical issues. Sometimes, JBL Flip 5 cannot be turned off.
This issue is really frustrating, especially when it happens during listening to music.
Your JBL Flip 5 becomes unresponsive due to an error or bug in the software. But, you can solve this problem just in few minutes. We suggest 4 methods that work in this situation.
- Press the power button repeatedly for 4 times and hold it on the 5th press.
- Keep the button pressed until your JBL Flip 5 turns off automatically.
- The blue backlight of the power button goes off when the speaker powers off.
- This solution works for JBL Flip 5 with 0.5.0 or below the firmware version.
- Press and hold the power button for 15 seconds.
- Release the button when the speaker powers off.
- Wait few moments and turn it again.
- Hopefully, the JBL Flip 5 will work normally after performing this function.
Restoring factory settings is the best working solution. It works in many cases by troubleshooting the device. The factory reset removes all the bugs and deletes all the settings. So, it reboots your device and improves its functioning. Be sure to disconnect all the devices before resetting your JBL Flip 5 if it is not turning off. Let us start the process.
- Press and hold the ‘Volume Down’ and ‘Play/Pause’ buttons for 15 seconds.
- Release when the speaker gives a beep sound and powers off.
- After few moments, press the power button to turn your JBL Flip 5 on.
- Now, it will function normally.
Also Read: Connect JBL Speaker To TV
If none of the above solutions works then you should check for the hardware issues. First of all, carefully examine the power button. Maybe it is broken or loose, that’s why your JBL Flip 5 is not turning off. If you find a fault in the power button, consult a professional to replace it.
I am Memona Aman, editor of Speakersmag.com. I am naturally inclined towards modern technical gadgets. I love to research on speakers and soundbars. I write articles on this blog to share my latest knowledge. I am happy to assist you in your search for the best audio devices.