You have lost your Vizio TV remote and need to reset the TV but don’t know the exact method? This article will tell you the right method to reset your Vizio TV without a remote.
Usually, you reset your Vizio TV when it is not functioning properly. Reset is of two types; a soft reset and a hard or factory reset.
The soft reset removes the temporary memory of your TV and does not affect its setting and installed apps. But, a hard or factory reset deletes all the data and restores default factory settings on your TV.
So, after the reset, you will need to customize all the settings along with re-installing the apps. We will tell you both methods to reset your Vizio TV.
How to Soft Reset Vizio TV without Remote
A soft reset is an ideal solution to solve many problems. Performing a soft reset is very easy. You can do it just in a minute. All you need to do is;
- Unplug the power cord of your Vizio TV from the power outlet or from the back of your TV.
- Leave it unplugged for the whole 60 seconds.
- Now, locate the power button on your Vizio TV set, it is present either on the right side or on the back of the TV.
- Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds.
- Plug in the power cord back and turn on the power supply. This method can quickly reset your Vizio TV without a remote.
How to Hard/Factory Reset Vizio TV without Remote
But, if it does not work then you need to factory reset your TV. This is recommended as the last option to solve all the software issues such as slow response, audio-video distortion, connectivity problems, or malware.
Since you do not have your Vizio TV remote, you will perform the factory reset through the physical buttons on your TV set.
Generally, all Vizio TVs have 4 or 5 buttons located on the right side, top, or rare. Locate these buttons and follow the instructions given below;
- Turn on your Vizio TV. Press and hold the “Volume Down” and “Input” buttons at the same time.
- Release the buttons when your TV screen displays a dialogue box.
- When the TV screen says, “Reset to default”, hold the ‘Input’ button for 10 seconds.
- Next, the TV screen will say, “Memory is being cleared”. Wait for the reset process to complete and after that reboot your TV.
How to Reset Your Vizio TV Using Your Smartphone
In case, the physical buttons on your TV are not working or you are unable to reset the TV using these buttons, you can use your smartphone to reset the TV.
Yes, you read right, it is possible to turn your smartphone into a TV remote, provided that your smartphone has an IR sensor in it.
Many smartphones have an IR sensor that functions just like the actual remote. You just need to install a universal remote control app on your phone and then reset your TV through it.
Another condition is that your TV and smartphone should be connected to the same Wifi network. Follow these guidelines;
- On your smartphone, go to the play store and search the “Mi remote controller” app.
- Install the app and launch it, pair it with your Vizio TV by following the on-screen prompts.
- Next, open your TV’s menu by clicking the digital button in the app. This will show you a number of options and settings.
- Choose “System” and then “Reset and Admin” from the settings.
- Next, choose the option “Reset TV to Factory Defaults”. Enter the pin if required and proceed to the process.
- This will take a few moments to restore factory settings on your TV.
It may automatically restart more than once. You have to keep patience and avoid turning off your TV or pressing any button.
How to Reset Your Vizio TV Using SmartCast App
There is the latest version of Vizio TV-the SmartCast TV. This TV is an ideal choice for a home theater experience. Because it offers a lot of streaming options along with other smart and advanced features.
The Vizio SmartCast TV is supported by the Vizio SmartCast Android and iOS app. You can reset your TV using this app.
- Just download and install the SmartCast app on your smartphone.
- Pair it with your Vizio SmartCast TV through Wifi.
- Open the app and find the settings>system>reset and admin.
- Navigate to the “restore TV to default factory settings”. Proceed further to complete the reset process.
- The rest of the method is the same as with the Mi remote app.
Related: How to Reset Vizio TV That Won’t Turn ON
So, this article has told you 4 methods to reset your Vizio TV without a remote. All these methods are tested and verified. You can soft reset or factory reset your TV by following this article.
A factory reset can be performed three ways; through the physical buttons, Mi remote app, or SmartCast app. While soft reset can be done by power cycling your TV.
We have told you all the possible ways to reset your Vizio TV without a remote. You can choose either one depending on your personal choice and convenience.