This article would tell you the easiest methods to reset your Vizio TV that won’t turn on.
Vizio is one of the most popular brands in the television market. This TV gives you the best watch experience and is ideal for your home theater.
Usually, you can reset the TV manually. But, if your Vizio TV won’t turn on, resetting it seems difficult.
However, it is not impossible. We will tell you some very useful methods to reset your Vizio TV not turning on.
Reset Your Vizio TV that won’t Turn On
There is a quick and easy reset method that can work even on your turned-off TV. Follow the instructions given below;
- Unplug the power cord of your Vizio TV from the wall outlet.
- Wait for a whole 60 seconds.
- Press and hold the power button on your Vizio TV for 15-20 seconds.
- Now, plug the power cord back in the wall power outlet.
This will reset your Vizio TV, try turning it on. If this trick does not work after one try, you can repeat it 3 to 4 times. Moreover, increase the time by 60 minutes to reset your TV properly.
There is another reset method for your Vizio TV that won’t turn on;
- Unplug the power cord from the back of your TV (not directly from the power outlet).
- Wait for full 60 seconds before plugging back the power cord in your TV. This trick will reset your TV.
- Now, turn it on by pressing the physical power button on your TV set.
- Plug the power cord firmly, it should not be loose.
Before starting the process, make sure your Vizio TV is plugged in and receiving power from the supply.
- On your TV remote, press and hold the ‘CH+’ and ‘CH-’ buttons together. (First, make sure your Vizio TV remote is working).
- While holding the channel buttons, press the power button once.
- Now, press the ‘Menu’ button and your TV screen will display an ‘F’ on the bottom right corner.
- Press the ‘Menu’ button a few more times to display the ‘Service Menu’.
- Here, you will see the factory reset menu. Press the menu button again to continue the process. This will reset your Vizio TV that won’t turn on.
Method 4: Reset Vizio SmartCast TV
If you own a Vizio SmartCast TV that won’t turn on, you can reset it by the following method;
- On the side of your TV, locate the ‘Input’ and ‘Volume’ buttons.
- Press and hold both these buttons together for 10-15 seconds.
- Next, your TV screen will show a message, follow it and hold the input button.
- This method will reset your Vizio SmartCast TV to its default factory settings.
Related: Fix Vizio TV Won’t Turn ON But White Light is ON
If the power indicator on your Vizio TV is turned on but TV is not turning on, it means it has some software problem. But, this can be fixed by resetting the TV.
So, this article has told you 4 methods to reset your Vizio TV that won’t turn on. Hopefully, your problem is solved. Stay connected with us to read more amazing articles.