The Phonak hearing aid is the best choice for persons with hearing loss. You can connect the Phonak hearing aid to your computer.
The special thing about Phonak is that it is the first company that has equipped its hearing aids with universal Bluetooth compatibility.
Moreover, this hearing aid is invisible and goes deep into the ear canal. So, you can easily wear it from morning to evening.
Phonak hearing aids come in various models and versions. All types can be connected to the Bluetooth devices like computers, laptops, or tablets.
This guide will explain in detail the method to connect the Phonak hearing aid to your computer.
How to Connect Phonak Hearing Aid To Windows Computer
The following process works for a Windows computer running Windows 7, 8, or 10. Make sure to follow each step correctly.
Step 1: Enable Bluetooth on Your Computer
First of all, you need to turn ON Bluetooth on your computer. For Windows computers, the process is as follows;
- Open the ‘Start’ menu by clicking the ‘Window’ key on the keyboard or by clicking the ‘Window’ icon at the bottom left of your computer screen.
- Choose ‘Settings’ and then click the ‘Devices’ tab. Next, select ‘Bluetooth and other devices’.
- This will open the Bluetooth menu. Toggle the switch to turn ON Bluetooth.
- Next, click the ‘add Bluetooth or other devices’. The computer will start searching for nearby Bluetooth devices.
Step 2: Put Phonak Hearing Aid into Pairing Mode
- Now, you have to enable Bluetooth on your Phonak hearing aid.
- If you have rechargeable hearing aids, open the battery doors of Phonak hearing aids for 5 seconds and then close.
- Another way is to switch them OFF and then ON. This way, you can put them into pairing mode.
Step 3: Pair Your Ponak Hearing Aid
- Now, go back to your computer. It will show the list of available Bluetooth devices.
- Tap Phonak hearing aid and then press the ‘Connect’ button. Next, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
- If you are wearing Phonak aids, they will give a confirmation tone.
- Once the Phonak aid is paired with your computer, you can make calls on Skype, FaceTime, or WhatsApp.
How to Connect Phonak Hearing Aid To Mac
The process for Mac is different from Windows computers. Follow these steps to enable Bluetooth on your MacBook.
- On your Mac, click the Apple icon on the upper left corner of the screen.
- This will open the Apple menu, choose ‘System Preferences’.
- Here you will see a number of options, select ‘Bluetooth’.
- Turn ON the Bluetooth and it will start scanning for nearby devices.
- Then, put your hearing aid into pairing mode by following step 2 mentioned above.
- Once your Phonak aid shows on the list of devices on Mac, tap it. Click ‘Connect’ and then ‘Accept’, enter the code if asked.
- Follow the instructions appearing on the screen to complete the process.
So, by following this guide, you can connect Phonak hearing aid both to a Windows computer and Mac.