You can connect both a wireless and a wired mouse to your Mac. This article will tell you how you can connect a wireless mouse to your Mac without a mouse.
It means you want to connect a Bluetooth mouse to your Mac that does not have a mouse. Normally, you operate your Mac through a mouse.
But, if it is not available, you will feel confused that how to operate Mac via keyboard.
Luckily, you can access the menu and options through the Mac keyboard to connect the wireless mouse.
A wireless Bluetooth mouse is much more convenient than a wired one. Because it synchronizes with your Mac seamlessly and also moves smoothly.
Further, it gives your desktop aesthetic value. Besides, a Bluetooth mouse, a Radio Frequency mouse is also available in the market.
In this guide, we will know about both types and will also learn to connect them with your Mac.
Table of Contents
How to Connect RF Wireless Mouse to Mac?
There are two types of mouse that can be connected wirelessly to your Mac. One of them is an RF wireless mouse that works through radio frequencies.
This mouse is a plug-and-play solution. If you own an RF mouse, connect it by the following process;
- Take a USB dongle and plug it into a USB port on your Mac.
- Now, power ON your mouse by pressing the ON/OFF button at the bottom and placing it closer to your Mac.
- The mouse will connect automatically to your Mac.
This mouse does not require any synchronization except the USB dongle. So, it connects simply and directly.
How to Connect Bluetooth Wireless Mouse to Mac?
Bluetooth mouse needs to be connected just like a Bluetooth device. It does not require any USB dongle. So, you have to sync it with your Mac. The process is as follows;A
- Turn ON your Bluetooth mouse and put it into pairing mode.
- On your Mac keyboard, press the “Cmd+Space” keys. It will lead you to the ‘Spotlight Search Box’.
- Now, type ‘Bluetooth’ or ‘Bluetooth File Exchange’ and then click the ‘Return’ key.
- This will open the ‘Bluetooth Configuration’ menu in the ‘System Preferences’.
- If the Bluetooth is turned OFF, turn it ON by pressing the ‘Return’ button.
- You can move through the ‘Search Box’ and list of devices by using the ‘Tab’ key.
- Scroll the list of ‘Bluetooth Devices’ using arrow keys.
- Once you reach your Mouse (its name will appear on the list), click the ‘Return’ button.
- Your Mouse will pair with your Mac. However, Mac may ask to enter a code that is given in the instructions of your Mouse.
While connecting a wireless mouse to your Mac, make sure that both devices are placed near each other.
Because wireless signals work within a certain range almost within 30 feet. Moreover, do not forget to charge your mouse before connecting.
If you face any trouble in connection, restart your Mac by pressing the ‘Control, Command and Eject’ keys at the same time.
So, by following this guide, you can connect a wireless mouse to Mac without a mouse. Feel free to ask us if you have any queries.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site. Read more about me