If you have a Bose soundbar 700 that is not connecting to the app or it has started showing some errors recently, you can solve it in a few simple steps.
The problem does not come with Bose soundbar 700 or the app, but you need to set up things correctly.
There are two possibilities of this issue:
- You are unable to connect bose soundbar 700 to app for the first time
- It was connected recently and now has started showing errors when trying to connect
We discuss both the issues here and hope it will solve your problem.
New Bose Soundbar 700 Won’t Connect to App
There are 3 steps to take for connecting your Bose soundbar 700 to mobile app.
Connect to The Wi-Fi Network
You may be seeing an error like “Oops something went wrong” when connecting to Wi-Fi. There is an alternate method for connecting your soundbar to Wi-Fi.
You can configure the Wi-Fi Network of your Bose soundbar 700 by first connecting your mobile to Wi-Fi network of soundbar and then providing the soundbar with your home’s Wi-Fi network.
Follow the steps below:
- For 3 seconds on your remote, press and hold the TV icon and Skip Back buttons together
- Go to the Wi-Fi settings of your mobile and connect to the Wi-Fi network of your soundbar. Its name will begin as “Bose Soundbar” and next will be your model
- When you have connected, go to the browser and open 192.0.2.1, it will open the setup page of your soundbar’s Wi-Fi network
- From there select your home’s Wifi network and enter its password to connect. You can manually add your home network if you can’t find it there.
- When you click on submit, your bose soundbar will disconnect from the mobile phone and connect to your home’s wifi network
- In this way, your bose soundbar 700 will be configured to the home wifi network
- You can now open the Bose Music app and add your soundbar.
Related: Connect Bose Soundbar to TV
Update to The Latest Software
If you experience any issue you may need to check whether your soundbar is using the latest software or not. You can perform a manual update to ensure it.
Here are the steps for manual update:
- Get a USB A to Micro USB cable to proceed
- Download the update file
- It will be named “product_update.zip” and do not rename it
- Connect your Bose Soundbar 700 to the computer using USB A to Micro USB cable
- Disconnect the power cable for 30 seconds to reboot your soundbar
- To enter the service mode, press and hold the Bluetooth + Skip back buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds
- From your browser, open http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
- An update screen will open where you can upload the file you have downloaded
- When you click upload, an animation will glow from left to right indicating the installation of update
- Finally, your soundbar will reboot once it is completed
Sometimes, there is a little change in settings that disables the proper functionality of any system. You may not know what you changed when trying to connect Bose soundbar 700 to the mobile app.
To make sure the settings are good you can reboot your soundbar by powering it off for 30 seconds. Resetting will bring it to default settings ensuring that no settings are wrong now.
Bose Soundbar 700 Stopped Connecting to App
If your soundbar was recently connected to the Bose Music app and now it has stopped working or showing some errors like oops something went wrong etc. it means that some settings may have been changed.
As updates are available for every product from time to time. Some updates also cause such issues, so the above guide can also help you.
Such issues appear when some settings or any device (router, mobile phone) is changed in the setup or any new device comes in use.
The best way is to remember what you did when started this issue. Did you change any settings, added a device, or removed a device?
You can also get things back by resetting your router. Resetting the router sometimes connects things back like before.
You can restart your entire system, reset settings of all systems and if it still did not work try the above method.
Must Read: Best Bose Computer Speakers