Sony WH1000XM3 are wireless headphones. These are noise-canceling headphones with a rechargeable battery. They come with a powerful battery that runs up to 30 hours. Today we will show you how to fix your Sony WH 1000xm3 that is not charging.
However, the battery can pose charging issues at times. There are different conditions for the battery not charging. For example, the battery status indicator is glowing but the battery is not charging.
You have kept the charger connected for several hours but still, the battery is running low. Or the battery cannot charge at all.
All these problems are addressed in this article. By the end of this article, your Sony WH1000XM3 will be charging.
So, let us try some troubleshooting methods to solve the battery not charging issue.
1. Check the Charging Cable
Your first job is to inspect the charger and charging cable. Plug the charger firmly into your Sony WH1000XM3 headphones. Also, connect the charger properly with the power outlet. Make sure it is not loose.
Now, examine the charging cable. It should not have bends or cuts. You can check its performance by connecting to some other device.
In addition, you should also try charging your Sony WH1000XM3 using another USB Type-C charger. In this way, you can confirm that the fault is not in your device but rather in the charger.
2. Check the Power Supply
If you are charging your headphones through the computer, make sure that your computer is turned on. It should not be in standby, sleep, or hibernation mode.
The battery of your computer should be charged in order to supply enough power to your headphones. Alternatively, charge your Sony WH1000XM3 directly by plugging it into the wall power outlet.
If it is not charging through the electric supply then check that the power supply is functional. Connect some other device to this electric supply or connect your Sony WH1000XM3 to another electric supply board.
Also Read: Headphone vs Headset
3. Use a Compatible Charger
These Sony headphones use a USB Type-C charger. You should always use the charger provided with the headphones. Because they are compatible with your device.
If you are using any other charger, it cannot charge the battery properly. A second-class charger can damage your device.
4. Update the Firmware of Your Sony WH1000XM3
Updating the firmware is necessary to run your device properly. The latest firmware adds new features as well as removes the bugs.
So, the efficiency of your headphones is improved. Follow these steps to update the firmware on your Sony WH1000XM3;
- Connect your headphones and smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network. Pair both devices.
- Go to the Play Store on your mobile phone and install the “Sony Headphones Connect Application.”
- Launch the app and pair your Sony headphones with this app.
- Look at the bottom of your mobile screen. It will show the “Update” banner.
- Press the “More Information” option and then the “OK” button.
- It will take a few moments to complete the process.
- Now, connect the charger to your headphones. Hopefully, your Sony WH1000XM3 battery not charging issue is solved now.
5. Reset Your Sony WH1000XM3
If the battery is not charging still, reset your Sony WH1000XM3. This will remove any software bug that may be affecting the battery.
Moreover, it will also remove the pairing information and other settings. Consider it as the last software fix to solve the battery not charging issue.
Follow the guidelines given below to reset your headphones.
- Disconnect the USB and other cables from your Sony WH1000XM3 and turn it off.
- Now, press the ‘Power’ and ‘NC/Ambient’ buttons simultaneously. Hold both these buttons for 10 seconds.
- You will see an indicator light flashing blue 4 times.
- Now, release the buttons. The headphones will restart.
- Try charging the battery again. If the battery is not charging still then head on to the next troubleshooting method.
6. Examine the Battery
Try all the above-mentioned methods in the correct order. If none of these works then you should inspect the battery of your Sony WH1000XM3. It has got some fault or is expired.
So, you need to replace the battery. If your Sony headphones are under warranty then submit a complaint to the company. If it is not then you will have to buy and replace the battery.
However, make sure that you are buying a genuine battery from a trusted supplier. This is the ultimate way to fix your Sony WH1000XM3 battery that is not charging.
How to Maintain Your Sony WH1000XM3?
Your Sony WH1000XM3 headphones need care. You should maintain the health of your device. So, it may not pose any issue like a bad battery. Here are some maintenance tips you should follow:
- Avoid overcharging the battery to keep it healthy.
- Also, charge it immediately and do not wait until the last minute.
- Moreover protect your device from water, moisture, and heat.
- Avoid overheating and give it some time to cool down.
- Using headphones the whole day not only causes hearing loss and headaches but also damages your device.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some commonly asked questions that will help you know more about your Sony headphones.
Why my Sony headphones are blinking red light during charging?
The red light indicates that the headphone battery is still low. It usually happens when the battery is too drained out to charge immediately. So, you should provide the device enough time for charging, avoid overheating, and maintain the required temperature.
Why my Sony WH1000XM3 headphones won’t turn ON?
Charge your headphones fully if they won’t turn ON. Then, press the power button and the NC/Ambient button at the same time during charging. This will reset the device thus resolving any software issues.
What is the playtime of Sony headphones?
Sony headphones are equipped with a powerful battery. The playtime is about 30 hours. The fast charging feature provides you a 5-hour battery life with just 10 minutes charge.
The battery not charging issue is usually caused by the defective charger or cable. This article has told you how can you check these accessories.
Another common reason is software glitches that can be solved by resetting your Sony WH1000XM3 or by installing the latest software.
If these methods do not work then the battery of your Sony WH1000XM3 is defective or damaged. Replace it as soon as possible to maintain the health of your device.
Hopefully, this will help you fix your Sony WH 1000xm3 Headphones that are not charging. Let us know if you have any further queries.