Is your Nothing Ear 1 left earbud not working? If yes, don’t worry. We have found some very effective solutions for you. Follow this guide till the end so that you can fix your earbud.
1. Raise the Volume on the Connected Device
The volume is too low or muted on the connected device. Therefore, you cannot hear any sound from the left earbud. So, check the volume level on your mobile phone or computer.
Go to the Settings and then open the sound settings. Increase the volume for both buds and then check again.
2. Check the Music Apps
Sometimes, a specific app is the culprit. The sound problem occurs only when you listen through a certain app. So, try different apps on the connected device and listen to the sound.
Notice which app causes the left earbud not to work. Then, you should troubleshoot the problematic app. Update the app, uninstall it, and reinstall it.
3. Pair the Earbuds Correctly
Maybe you did not apply the correct pairing method. That’s why the left earbud is not working. Here is the correct process to pair your Nothing Ear 1 earbuds to your mobile device:
- Turn ON the Bluetooth on your smartphone or tablet.
- Now, open the lid of the charging case. Put the earbuds inside the case in their designated slots.
- Hold down the multifunction button on the charging case for a couple of seconds while the lid is open.
- When the LED indicator on the case blinks white, release the button.
- Go to the Bluetooth menu on your smartphone and choose “Nothing Ear 1” from the list of available devices.
- Enter the password (0000) if the device requires it.
- Click the “Connect/Pair” button and listen to music.
4. Disconnect and Reconnect Your Earbuds
The issue can also occur due to poor wireless connection. Hence, you need to disconnect and then reconnect the earbuds. There are two methods to do it:
- Go to the Bluetooth settings on your mobile device or computer.
- Click your Nothing Ear 1 earbuds in the list.
- Next, tap the “Forget” or “Disconnect” button.
- This will unpair the earbuds from your device.
- Now, turn OFF Bluetooth on the device. Restart your mobile and the earbuds.
- Finally, pair the buds again following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You can also unpair the earbuds through the mobile app.
- Open the “Nothing X” app on your smartphone.
- In the top right corner, tap the 3 dots.
- Scroll down and click the “Forget this Device” option.
- Tap the “Forget” button again to unpair the buds.
- Restart your phone and update the app if an update is available.
- Reconnect your Nothing Earbuds to the app again.
5. Stay within the Range
Wireless connections can become weak when the devices are not within range. As you know, Bluetooth technology has a limited range.
So, if the earbuds are too far away from the phone, they will not work. Place both devices closer to each other and then check the sound.
6. Recharge the Left Earbud
Another possible reason is that the battery of your earbud is drained out. Therefore, it is not working. So, you should place the left earbud in the charging case and charge it fully.
Moreover, make sure the charging case has enough battery. Be sure to position the earbud correctly in the case, they should touch the contact points.
Also, clean the charging points in the case and on the earbuds. Reduce the battery drainage by changing some settings. For instance, turn OFF the ANC, Transparency mode, and In-ear detection.
7. Update the Firmware
As you know, the earbuds have built-in software and the company keeps on releasing new updates. If you don’t update your device, it cannot work properly.
Because each update brings new features as well as solutions to software issues such as bugs. So, check and install the latest update on your Nothing Ear 1:
- Open the “Nothing X” app on your smartphone or tablet that is connected to your earbuds.
- Click the “Device Details” tab. Then, navigate to the “Firmware Update”.
- Install the latest firmware if it is available.
- Once the update has been downloaded, restart your phone and pair the devices again.
- Likewise, check and download if any update is available for the earbuds app.
8. Disable the Mono Mode
You can use one or both of the Nothing Ear 1 earbuds at the same time. In mono mode, only one earbud works usually the right one. While the other is in the case.
When you take the earbuds out of the case and put them into your ear, they should start working. However, sometimes, the left one gets stuck in the mono mode.
To solve this issue, place both buds in the case and close the lid. After 10 seconds, take out the right earbud first and then the left one. You can also disable the mono and enable stereo mode via the Nothing X app.
9. Reset Your Nothing Ear 1
Another solution is to reset the earbuds. This trick works for all problems. The reset removes software glitches, removes cache, and pairing information, and restores the device to factory settings. Here is how you reset Nothing Ear 1:
- Put both earbuds in the charging case and close the lid.
- Press and hold the multifunction button on the charging case.
- Hold down the button for 30 seconds or until the LED indicator flashes red.
- If this method does not work, try again by keeping the case lid open.
- This will reset the device. Now, you have to pair it with your phone again.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have further queries regarding your Nothing Ear 1 earbuds, get answers in the following section.
What should I do if troubleshooting cannot fix my left earbud?
The above-mentioned troubleshooting tips should fix your left earbud. However, if still it is not working, you must contact the Nothing Intl. support. There may be some hardware or manufacturing defect. So, the manufacturer can repair or replace your earbud.
What is the playtime of Nothing Ear 1 earbuds?
A fully charged charging case gives you 34 hours of playback. So, the earbuds can be charged 5 times. The playback time of Nothing1 earbuds is 4-6 hours depending on volume level. The fast charging features provide one hour of playback with 10 minutes of charging.
Are Nothing Earphones repairable?
Yes, Nothing earbuds and earphones are repairable. However, you should consult the manufacturer for a repair. If the device is under warranty, you get free repair or replacement. The company replaces or rebuilds the defective parts.
This guide has told you a number of troubleshooting solutions to fix your Nothing Ear 1 earbuds. We explained all the potential solutions. Because there can be various reasons why your Nothing Ear 1 left earbud is not working. Hence, you should try all the steps.