You can connect your wired speakers to the phone and the audio from the phone will be played directly through the speakers. You can listen to music, podcasts, etc from the sound system while they are being played through the phone.
Wired speakers can be connected to the phone in two ways:
- By connecting them directly through the AUX cable
- By converting them to wireless and then connecting to a phone
Which method to use depends upon your choice and the options available on your speakers. Direct wired connection is easy, simple, and cheap while converting them to wireless is an additional step charging you extra for it.
Method 1: Connect Wired Speakers Directly via AUX
The simple and straightforward for connect your wired speakers to the phone is using the AUX cable which is available in almost all phones. It is a cable with a 1/8″ or 3.5mm jack on both ends. You can get one at the cheapest price.
Wired speakers mostly don’t have built-in amplifiers and a separate one is attached. So check on your amplifier if there is an option for a 3.5mm jack input. If it is available then you can connect easily.
Plug one side of the AUX cable into your mobile phone and the other side into the amplifier.
Now play music from the phone and you will hear your audio in speakers rather than TV.
This method will work great for you unless you want to go wireless for a better experience.
Method 2: Convert Wired Speakers To Wireless
Everyone likes wireless products these days and wants to stay away from wires but what if you have a very old sound system that has no wireless compatibility?
Still, there are ways you can convert those old speakers from wired to wireless and then connect them to your phone wirelessly.
- As mentioned above old sound systems did not have speakers and amplifiers in one box and they had separate amplifiers.
- There is an option for you to buy only the amplifier that is the latest with wireless features and old speakers can be used with it.
- Such a wireless-enabled amplifier can be connected directly to your phone using Bluetooth and you don’t need to do anything more.
- If you don’t want to replace your old amplifier, stereo, or receiver but still want to convert your audio speakers to wireless, you will need a Bluetooth adapter attached to your old amplifier or stereo.
- This Bluetooth adapter will act as a wireless bridge between your mobile phone and audio receiver.
- Your phone will be connected to a Bluetooth adapter and the Bluetooth adapter will be connected to the audio receiver of your speakers.
- In this way, your wired speakers will be connected to your phone wirelessly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the following important questions to know more about establishing a connection between speakers and phone.
Can I connect two sets of independently powered speakers to my phone?
Yes, you can connect two independently powered speakers to one phone. For this purpose, use a Y-splitter AUX cable. Plug its compatible end into your phone and the other two ends into each speaker.
How can I connect my phone and speakers via USB?
Use a USB to micro-USB adapter to connect your phone to the speakers. A Bluetooth adapter or OTG can also be used to make the wireless connection.
Why my speakers are connected but not working with my phone?
This issue can arise if the connection wire is faulty or the connection is loose. Another reason may be that the speakers themselves are not working. So, replace the wire, connect it firmly, and power up your speakers.
Nothing is impossible in this world. As you have read, there are two ways to connect your wired speakers to phone. You can adopt either way depending on your preference and convenience.