You can connect studio monitors to a computer in multiple ways. It depends on your studio monitors which type of connection they feature.
Each method has its own benefits and drawbacks. Because the type of connection cable affects the audio transmission.
We will tell you all the ways to connect your studio monitors to a computer. This guide applies to PC, laptops, Mac, and other computers.
A dual RCA or ¼” cable is the quick and cheap way to connect your studio monitors to the computer.
Connect one end of the RCA cable to your computer and the other end to your studio monitors.
The basic studio monitors feature a pair of RCA inputs on the back. Follow these steps accurately;
- Take a ¼” RCA cable with red and black connectors.
- Plug its headphones jack into the headphones port on your computer.
- Insert the red connector into the right studio monitor speaker and the black connector into the left speaker. If both ends are joined, pull them apart.
Choose a longer cable for easy connection. However, this method is not ideal as it can cause unbalanced sound.
If you want a high-quality and smooth audio transmission, spend some money on dedicated audio cables.
This method works for the entry-level studio monitors that feature only RCA inputs. They need a 1/8” to RCA cable.
It is inserted into the headphone jack on your computer to take the stereo output and convert it into RCA. The method is as follows;
- Just plug the 1/8” stereo jack into the headphone port on your computer.
- Then, connect the two ends of the RCA to your studio monitors.
- Be sure to connect the red part with the right speaker and black with the left one.
Also read: Reviews on Top 8 Bass Speakers For Computer
Basically, you can connect your studio monitors to the computer using a 3.5mm headphone output connector.
But, the audio quality and transmission are not ideal with this type of connection. It is suggested to use an audio interface to establish a perfect connection.
This guide has told you two methods to connect your studio monitors to a computer. You can use these methods as an instant solution.