The majority of the people are inclined towards ceiling speakers. The reason is that they deliver sound to a wide range. Even the sound is audible outside of the room. So, ceiling speakers are a good choice for sending the audio signals over a larger area. They also save space because you install them on the ceiling. For example, if you want a speaker in your small bathroom, kitchen, or in a very small room ceiling speakers are best. Today, we will show how you can connect ceiling speakers to a receiver.
If you have passive ceiling speakers then you definitely need to connect them with a receiver or amplifier. For a smooth sound flow, you connect the ceiling speakers to the receiver. So, you can enjoy flawless and uninterrupted music for a long time.
Be sure to place the receiver in the close vicinity of the ceiling speakers. Because keeping the receiver at a far-off place will need to make long connections.
This article is a step-by-step guide to help you connect ceiling speakers to a receiver.
Prepare the Wires
Precaution: Switch off all the devices. Make sure that any of your devices is not connected to an electric supply. Unplug all the wires to avoid any mishap. Wear rubber gloves too.
Follow these steps to prepare the wires.
- First of all, you need to prepare the wires of the receiver to connect them with the ceiling speakers. Basically, the wires come in two colors; red and black. They are enclosed in insulation material
- So, you need to split up the ends of wires up to 1 or 2 inches
- Next, you peel off the outer skin of the wires. You can expose the live wires using scissors or a cutter. This is a very simple method and everyone can do it
- Peel the insulation material until the live wire is exposed about two inches
- You will see a bunch of thin golden wires inside. Twist both red and black wires so that they can be inserted properly. Remember to keep them apart
- Now, bend this bunch of wires to form a Y-shape. Repeat the process with the other wire also
Connect the Wires to the Speakers
Now, you have to connect the wires to the speakers. Look for the connectivity option your speaker gives. Some speakers have a pointed edge around which the wires are wrapped. While other speakers have a socket and screw set. You untighten the screw and insert the wire into the socket and close the screws.
Follow these guidelines to connect the wires.
- Like the wires, the sockets also have red and black colors. Attach the red wire with the red socket and black wire to the black socket
- If you have two speakers then connect them to their corresponding sockets. The wire from the left speaker is connected to the left socket and the right speaker wires with the right socket
- Now, close the sockets using locks or screws. Use a Philips screwdriver to close the screws
- Make sure that you have connected the wires properly. Pull them gently, if they do not come out of the socket, you have attached them firmly
- Now, you can connect the devices with the electric supply. Turn on your speaker and receiver
Hide the Wires
The wires hanging around look awkward. You can tape or paint them in order to hide them. Do not leave them hanging around as it is dangerous. Pass the wires from a proper path on the wall. We recommend that you should hook the wires with the wall.
Hope this guide will help you in connecting ceiling speakers to a receiver. If you have any questions regarding this article, reach us directly.
I’m Memona Aman, editor of Speakersmag.com. I am naturally inclined towards modern technical gadgets. I love to research on speakers and soundbars. I write articles on this blog to share my latest knowledge. I am happy to assist you in your search for the best audio devices.