Sometimes, you need to operate your TV without a remote. This guide will tell you how can you adjust the brightness on a Samsung TV without a remote.
It is possible to access the TV menu without the remote. You need to use the physical buttons present on the TV. However, it will give you limited options as compared to the TV remote.
But, it is essential to learn the basic control options through the buttons. Because remotes are misplaced very easily.
Sometimes, their battery stops working and you cannot purchase new batteries immediately.
Moreover, the remote starts overacting at times and your favorite show is about to commence. So, you should know the control method via the buttons.
Location of Buttons On Samsung TV
There are many different models of Samsung TVs. The button location differs across the models.
Read the user manual to understand the button functions. You can find them in the following places.
- Look at the back of your Samsung TV in the bottom right corner.
- On the bottom of the bezel, towards the right-hand side from the front.
- Mostly, the control panel is located at the back of your Samsung TV.
- The control sticks can be toggled up/down and sideways. The middle button is used to open the menu.
Method 1. Adjust Brightness on Samsung TV Using Buttons
- First, turn ON your TV by long-pressing the middle button from the controller panel.
- Click the center button (square-shaped resembling a joystick) to bring up the menu.
- You can navigate through the menu by single pressing the center button or the channel up/down buttons.
- Long press the middle button to select an option from the menu.
- Scroll down the menu and choose ‘Picture Mode’. Expand the picture menu by long pressing the center button.
- Here you can adjust the brightness level of the picture.
- Press the channel up button to increase the brightness and the channel down button to decrease it.
Method 2. Adjust Brightness on Samsung TV Using Apps
Another option to change the brightness on your Samsung TV is through a mobile app. There are two types of mobile apps and both can be used as a TV remote control.
These apps are universal and can work with any TV. Some apps work only with smartphones having infrared sensors just like a remote control.
However, a lot of remote control apps work over Wifi. If you own a smart and modern Samsung TV, it supports Wifi. Some apps are specifically designed for Samsung TVs.
You can download your favorite one from here. The control process is as follows;
- Using the buttons on your TV, connect it to Wifi.
- Connect your smartphone to the same Wi-Fi to which your Samsung TV is linked.
- Download the “SmarThings” or ‘Remote for Samsung TV’ app on your phone
- Launch the app and complete the setup by following the on-screen instructions.
- The app will display all the control features. Navigate to the picture mode settings and adjust the brightness.
Method 3. Install UniMote App
There is another useful application on the Play Store called UniMote or Universal TV Remote Control. But, your mobile device should have an IR blaster to work with this app.
Many models of Samsung, LG, Huawei, Xiaomi, and other phones have an Infrared blaster.
- Install this application on your Android phone.
- Launch the app and complete the setup process.
- Convert your phone into a TV remote and control through an IR blaster.
- It can be used to control both smart and non-smart TVs of any brand including Samsung.
Method 4. Disable the Ambient Light Detector
You can adjust the brightness on your Samsung TV both manually and automatically. For manual customization, you need to disable the Ambient Light Detection feature.
Because this function detects the amount and intensity of light falling on the screen. Then, it decreases or increases the brightness automatically according to the requirements.
Turn OFF this feature as follows:
- Open the “Settings” on your Samsung TV and select “General”.
- Scroll down and click the “Eco Solution”. Next, you will see the “Sleep Timer” and “Motion Detector” options. Adjust them according to your preferences.
- On some Samsung TV models, you will need to access the “Expert” settings for backlight adjustments. Set the contrast settings for a better screen view.
Frequently Asked Questions
Read the following important questions to know more about your Samsung TV.
How can I change various settings on my Samsung TV without a remote?
All Samsung smart TVs are equipped with some basic buttons including volume, power, and channel navigation. You can access and change settings using these buttons if you don’t have a remote.
How can I use my phone as a Samsung TV remote?
First, download and open the “SmartThings” app on your phone. Open the list of connected/saved devices. Next, choose your Samsung TV and click the “Remote” button. You will see different settings options on the screen.
Using your smartphone as a TV remote controller is a very convenient thing. It acts just like a remote control providing all the options.
In addition to adjusting the brightness, you can change volume, navigate through channels, and access other menu options. However, if you are comfortable, you can use buttons on the TV set too.
We told you three methods to adjust the brightness on your Samsung TV without a remote. Stay connected with us and subscribe to our website for further information.