A common issue faced by the AirPod users is that one of the AirPods gets quieter than the other. This guide will provide you with the answer to your question, why is my right AirPod is so quiet?
It can happen with the left AirPod also. So, you get different volume levels from both AirPods. One becomes too loud and the other becomes quiet.
This problem is caused by debris in the right AirPod, some wrong settings, pairing, or charging issues. We will discuss all the reasons for this problem and will also tell you the best solutions.
You are not the only one facing this problem, most of the AirPods owners complain about it. So, let us know the troubleshooting tricks.
1. Check the Charging Status
If your right AirPod is quieter, maybe it is not charged fully. First of all, you need to ensure that the charging case is fully charged.
Follow these guidelines:
- Put both AirPods in the charging case and close its lid. Charge both AirPods for 30 seconds.
- Now, place your charging case closer to your iPhone or iPad and open it.
- Check the charging status on your device screen, both AirPods should be charging.
- If your right AirPod is not charging, place it correctly at the contact point.
2. Suck the Right AirPod
This trick may sound odd, but it works. Many of the AirPod users got their quiet AirPod working in this way. Suck the speaker of the right AirPod to remove the debris and ear wax.
Now, check the audio quality, if you feel some improvement, repeat the process a few more times until it gets quite fine.
However, if you are reluctant to try this method, there are many other cleaning tricks. Move on to the next section to find more cleaning solutions.
3. Do Some Cleaning
You need to clean your right AirPod thoroughly. If any dust or ear wax is trapped in its mesh, it will feel quieter. You can use a number of materials to clean your AirPod.
But, avoid being too rough, do not use liquids or sharp tools like needles or pins. Following are some materials that can be used to clean your AirPods;
Use an anti-static brush or a small soft bristle toothbrush to clean the debris. Move the brush gently over the speaker grill, mic, and air holes.
Also, use ‘Sticky/blu tack’, roll it in your hand, and then push in the holes to clean them. Tiny dust particles will stick to it. Change the tack if it gets dirty.
Another cleaning technique is to use compressed air. It is better to attach a small straw with the nozzle of the can.
Then, blow into the tiny air holes on your AirPod. This will remove any dust, hence improving its performance.
There is another trick to clean your AirPod properly. Get help from the person who uses ‘hearing aids’.
Such people have ‘Hearing aid kits’ because their hearing aids are blocked due to ear wax. So, use their tricks to clean your AirPods.
Do not use an air-can to clean the speaker mesh as it can damage the delicate parts. You can clean the speaker mesh with the help of a microfiber cloth.
Spray some cleaning liquid on the cloth and gently move it across the speaker grill of your AirPods.
It is also necessary to clean the left AirPod in addition to the right. Moreover, clean the contact points in your charging case, charging cable, and adapter.
4. Reset Your AirPods
If still your right AirPod is quiet then reset it. It is recommended to reset both AirPods to solve the issue. Follow the instructions given below to reset your AirPods;
- Place both AirPods in their charging case and close the lid.
- Let the AirPods charge for 30 seconds.
- Now, remove and forget the AirPods from your iPhone. Open settings and then Bluetooth. Click the ‘info/I’ button next to your AirPods and then tap ‘Forget this device’.
- Next, press the button located on the back of your charging case (the lid should be open).
- Hold this button for 15 seconds and release when the LED indicator blinks amber then white.
- To reconnect the AirPods, open the lid of the charging case and place it near to your iPhone.
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the connection process.
5. Adjust Volume Settings
The reason behind quiet right AirPod may be the wrong audio-volume balance. You can check it on your device (iPhone, iPad, Mac) to which your AirPods are connected.
You can adjust volume settings by the following process;
- Go to ‘Settings’ on your iPhone, iPad. Scroll down and click on ‘Accessibility’.
- This will show you a list of various options, choose ‘Hearing Devices’.
- Next, click on ‘Audio/Visual’. You will see a bar saying “Adjust the audio-volume balance slider between the left and right channels”.
- It should be in the middle to get a balanced sound from your AirPods.
- Put both AirPods in your ears and check the audio level by adjusting the volume.
6. Reset Your iOS Device
The above-mentioned solutions are most likely to solve your issue. But, if still, your right AirPod is quiet, the issue is in your iOS device.
Connect your AirPods to a different iOS device such as iPhone, iPad, or Mac. If the audio is balanced on the new device then you need to troubleshoot your present device.
It can solve the issue of quiet AirPod. To reset your iPhone or iPad, follow the instructions given below;
- On your device, open settings and then select ‘General’.
- Scroll down and tap on ‘Reset’, choose “Reset All settings”.
- This reset does not delete media or data but resets Wifi, keyboard, Home screen, privacy, and display settings to default.
- After the reset is done, connect both AirPods to your iPhone and check their performance. Hopefully, the right AirPod is not quiet now.
- Once the reset is complete, try testing to see if your AirPods once again work.
7. Contact Apple
We have told you all the troubleshooting methods to fix your right AirPod that is quiet. These solutions work in most cases.
However, if you are still facing the same problem, your right AirPod is defective. So, you should consult the manufacturer. Visit the nearby Apple Store to get your AirPods fixed.
You can also contact Apple on their support website. Tell them your problem and they will guide you. If your AirPods have not exceeded the warranty, you can claim a refund or replacement.
Related: Right Airpod Not Charging Fixed
We hope, you liked this article and it has solved your issue. Follow the troubleshooting steps in the correct order. Make sure that your right AirPod is charged.
Clean it properly and also clean the contact points on your charging case. You should always keep your devices clean to avoid any issues.
Forever, we have also told you the method to reset your AirPods. The reset is the best solution to solve all the problems. Resetting your iPhone can also resolve the problem.
Finally, the last solution is to contact Apple Support. They will fix or replace your right AirPod which is so quiet than the left one.