Have you recently purchased an iPhone 11 and looking for the right methods to turn it ON/OFF or restart? Your quest ends here.
Because this guide is going to tell you the complete process of handling your iPhone 11. We will also tell you that how can you lock and unlock your iPhone.
Before proceeding further, let us know something about iPhone 11. Apple has launched iPhone 11 in 2019.
The company intended to provide a budget-friendly iPhone with smart features. It comes at an affordable price as compared to its competitors.
The best thing about the iPhones is that they are very efficient and super fast. Another feature is Siri that is unique to Apple iPhones.
It is a digital assistant and helps perform every function through voice commands. Moreover, the interface of the iPhone 11 is very different from other Android or smartphones.
So, you may not know how to use it. The first thing to learn is how to turn ON and OFF your iPhone 11. In addition, you also want to learn how to restart your iPhone 11.
All these methods are detailed under this single article. So, keep reading our words till the end.
Table of Contents
How to Turn ON iPhone 11
iPhone 11 has buttons on both sides. The right side button is used to turn ON and OFF the device. Follow these simple steps to turn ON your iPhone 11;
- Press and hold the button on the right side.
- Keep it holding till the screen shows the Apple logo.
- Release the button quickly after the logo appears and it will switch on in a few moments.
Before turning ON your iPhone, make sure its battery is charged enough. Otherwise, the device will not turn ON or will shut down quickly after powering ON.
It is better to recharge the battery for at least 30 minutes.
How To Turn OFF iPhone 11
Turning OFF an iPhone 11 is tricky because of its extra security features. There are three methods that you can use for turning OFF your iPhone.
Further, these methods can also be used to turn OFF iPhone 11 Pro and Pro Max.
- Press and hold the ‘Side button’ (on the right) and ‘Volume Up’ button (on the left) at the same time. You can press either button-volume up or down.
- Keep both buttons holding until the “Emergency SOS” screen appears.
- At the top of the screen, you will see “slide to power off”. Release the buttons and slide this bar to the right.
- In a few seconds, your iPhone 11 will shut down.
Be careful and do not click the SOS because it is only for emergency situation and informs others that you are in trouble.
This method of turning OFF your iPhone involves just the physical buttons. Follow these steps accurately;
- Press and release the ‘Volume Up’ button.
- Quickly press the ‘Volume Down’ button briefly and release it.
- Now, press and hold the ‘Side button’ on the right.
- Remember, you have to perform these three steps quickly without any delay.
- An emergency screen will appear before you but it does not show the “Emergency SOS” option.
- At the top of the screen, a “slide to power OFF” message will appear.
- Swipe this bar to the right and your iPhone 11 will turn OFF.
Alternately, you can also turn OFF your iPhone 11 through settings. If you do not want to use the first two methods or if the buttons are not responding, this method is preferable.
- On your iPhone 11, open ‘Settings’ and go to ‘General’.
- Scroll down and click the “Shut Down” option appearing at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, the same screen will appear saying “slide to power off”. Swipe right to confirm that you want to power OFF your iPhone 11.
How to Restart iPhone 11
You can reset your iPhone 11 simply by restarting it. This is a soft reset that can solve many problems.
For example, if your phone is responding slowly, the battery is not charging, the phone cannot connect to a Bluetooth device or any other issue.
So, by following these steps, you can restart your iPhone 11;
- Press the ‘Volume Up’ button briefly.
- Now, press and release the ‘Volume Down’ button quickly.
- Next, press and hold the ‘Side’ button located on the right of the phone.
- Hold the button until the Apple logo shows on your phone’s screen. Your iPhone 11 will restart at this moment.
Learn to Lock and Unlock Your iPhone 11
You may also want to know that how to lock and unlock your iPhone 11. The method is simple, press the ‘Side’ button and slide upwards through the bottom bar of your phone.
This will unlock your iPhone 11. To lock it, simply press the side button. The iPhone 11 also has an Auto-lock feature, the screen goes off if it is idle for 30 seconds.
However, you can change the timings through ‘Settings’. Go to Settings>Display & Brightness>Auto Lock>Lock time to set your desired time.
So, this is all about turning ON/OFF and restarting your iPhone 11. We hope, you liked our article.
In this guide, we learned how to turn ON/OFF and restart your iPhone 11. Ask us in the comments if you want to learn anything else regarding your iPhone.