In Sony soundbars and TVs, this feature is also known as Bravia Sync. It is a convenient way to control the sound bar and TV from the same remote but you may get limited controls for the sound bar when using a TV remote.
All you need is to check the eligibility of Bravia sync and get an HDMI cable.
Which Controls You Get From TV Remote?
Depending on your soundbar and TV model, you are not going to get all the controls. There are limited but almost all the most widely used controls available from the TV remote.
These are the few controls mostly available:
- Turn the volume up or down
- Turn the sound bar ON/OFF
- Navigate to menus
- Control playback operations
Also Read: Best Loudest Soundbars For Large Room
Method 1: Syncing Sony Sound Bar With TV Remote with HDMI Cable
If the sound bar and TV are compatible with Bravia sync, follow the below steps.
Step 1: Connect the Devices
- Turn OFF both your soundbar and TV. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Now, take an HDMI cable and connect both devices.
- Make sure the sound bar and TV are connected properly and the connection is firm.
Step 2: Enable HDMI Control
HDMI control on Sony sound bars can be enabled by the following steps. If you have Sony HT-X9000F/Z9F sound bar, then:
- Enable “Control for HDMI” on both your TV and sound bar
- From your sound bar remote press the Home button
- Go to “Setup” and then “Advanced settings”.
- Select “HDMI settings” and then “controls for HDMI”. Enable the function and set it to ON.
Step 3: Finalize the Connection
- Finally, press “Sync Menu” on the TV remote.
- Go to “HDMI Device selection” and select your sound bar name.
- Both the devices are connected now.
Method 2: Syncing Sony Sound Bar With TV Remote without HDMI Cable
Using an HDMI ARC connection, you can control the volume power, etc of your sound bar from the TV remote. But what if you do not have or use an HDMI connection?
Another option that can also work is to check if your TV has an infrared remote. Then you can program your sound bar to work with the TV remote. You can get help from the manual or support of your sound bar in this regard.
By following the above steps, you can easily sync the Sony sound bar with the TV remote and control different settings and volume from the TV remote.