This article is a complete guide if you are looking for the correct and easy methods to turn ON/OFF and restart various models of your iPhone 12 such as iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max.
Moreover, their functioning is slightly different from older versions like iPhone 11 or 8. But, the operating system is the same that is Apple iOS.
So, you need to know about the basic functions of the iPhone 12. In this guide, we will tell you the exact method step by step.
Please note: when we write iPhone 12, it refers to all three models; iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Table of Contents
Buttons on iPhone 12, Pro, and Pro Max
Before proceeding further, you should know about the buttons and their functions on your iPhone. All versions of the latest iPhone 12 have four physical buttons.
There are three buttons on the left side. The upper button is for ring or silent. Below it, volume UP and volume Down buttons are present. While on the right side, only one button is given.
This is called the ‘Side’ button or ‘Power’ button. It is used to turn ON/OFF and restart your iPhone along with other buttons.
How to Turn ON iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
The method of turning ON your iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max is very simple. But, before that, you need to make sure that the battery of your device is charged.
- Press and hold the button on the right side of your iPhone 12.
- Release the button when you see the Apple logo on the screen. Let the phone turn ON and start.
- Swipe up from the bottom to unlock the screen.
If you are unable to turn ON your iPhone 12, it means the battery is drained out. So, it is recommended to charge the phone before turning it ON.
How to Turn OFF iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
If you have recently purchased a brand new iPhone 12, Pro, or Pro Max, shutting it down may seem tricky. However, we will tell you two easy methods to turn OFF your iPhone 12.
- On your iPhone 12, press and hold the ‘Side’ button along with one of the volume buttons.
- Press both buttons at the same time and keep them holding.
- Release the buttons when the “slide to power off” bar is shown on the top of your phone screen.
- Swipe this slider to the right to turn OFF your iPhone 12.
You can also power OFF your iPhone 12 through settings. Follow these steps correctly;
- On your iPhone 12, Pro, or Pro Max, open the ‘Settings’ app.
- Go to the ‘General’ setting and scroll down until you see the “Shut Down” button.
- When you click this button, the same “slide to power off” slider will appear.
- Slide it to the right and your iPhone 12 will be turned OFF.
How to Restart Your iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max
This method is also called the force restart. If your iPhone 12 is not working properly, force restart it.
Many of the iPhone problems can be quickly solved by performing a restart. The method is as follows;
- On your iPhone 12, press the ‘Volume Up’ button and release it.
- Next, press the ‘Volume Down’ button and release it.
- Quickly, press and hold the ‘Side’ button until the phone screen goes black.
- Now, let the phone restart, it will shut down and turn ON automatically.
What is the Basic Difference between iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max?
Both iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max are manufactured by Apple. They run iOS and A4 Bionic systems. Moreover, both of the phones feature 6 GB RAM and 128-512 GB storage.
However, some of their specs and features are different. For example, iPhone 12 Pro has 6.1 inches display while Pro Max has 6.7 inches display.
In addition, Pro features 2x optical and 10x digital zoom. On the other hand, Pro Max features 2.5x optical and 12x digital zoom.
The battery life of the iPhone 12 Pro Max is one hour more than the Pro which runs up to 9 hours.
While iPhone 12 Pro is $100 cheaper than Pro Max. Briefly speaking, they differ in terms of size, zoom range, weight, price, and display.
Although they differ in specs yet all versions of the iPhone 12 have the same operating system and function buttons. So, you can operate them exactly in a similar way.
This article has told you how you can turn ON/OFF and restart your iPhone 12 Pro and Pro Max. Stay connected with us to read more informative articles.