Factory resetting Bose 700, 500, or 300 soundbar will erase all the settings. Your soundbar will reset to its factory settings.
We need to reset these soundbars when there are issues with settings and we are unable to find and fix them.
The methods to reset Bose 700, Bose 500 and Bose 300 soundbars are described here completely.
Remove Soundbar From Bose Music Account
ٰIf you have added your Bose soundbar in Bose Music App, you should remove it before resetting.
When you have reset, you can add your soundbar again in Bose Music App.
Here are the steps to remove the Bose soundbar from Bose Music App.
- Open the Bose Music App
- On the top-right corner, tap account settings
- Click Manage speakers and then click on edit
- Select your particular model of the soundbar and remove it by clicking on the delete
If you are signed in using Amazon account, it may take up to an hour for Alexa to be removed. You can immediately remove the Alexa by unplugging the soundbar and then plugging it back in.
If you have added voice assistant, you should also remove it.
Resetting Bose Soundbar 700
Here are the steps to reset Bose Soundbar 700.
- Make sure you have performed the above step
- Turn ON your Bose soundbar 700
- Get its remote
- From the remote, press and hold the power button and skip back button simultaneously for 5 seconds
- The soundbar will pulse white and then fade black
- After rebooting, your soundbar 700 will be with its default settings
Resetting Bose Soundbar 500
You can wipe all the data and settings of your Bose soundbar 500 in almost the same way as in Bose 700.
Here are the steps to follow.
- Turn ON the Bose 500 soundbar
- Get remote of the soundbar
- Press and hold the power and skip forward button simultaneously for 5 seconds
- The light will pulses white and then fades black
- System will reboot
- The light bar will glow solid amber indicating the completion of restore
- Now your soundbar has its factory settings
Resetting Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar
You can remove this soundbar from your Bose account by following the instructions above if it is added.
Follow the steps below to reset it to factory settings.
- Turn ON your Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar
- Get the remote
- On the remote press and hold the play/pause and volume down buttons simultaneously for 5 seconds
- The soundbar will rebooot
- The light will glow solid amber indicating that reset is completed
Hope that you will be able to reset your Bose 700, 500, or 300 soundbars without getting any issue. Let us know if you face any other issues with your Bose soundbar.
Hi, I’m Noor Alam, founder of SpeakersMag.com. I love music and got my Bachelor’s degree in Sound Engineering. Now I have started my own blog about music products. Just like you, I also love different music products and in my spare time, I share my knowledge with audio lovers on this site.